evancelt

[COR-FB] A Day Trip to the Interior

Based on a tip from his new Onondaga friends, Captain Brickleton and a squad of the 18th Hussars head inland into the interior of Lacryma in search of a waterfall that rains gold. At least that's how the Onondaga describe it.

Deciding that if the waterfall really rained gold the riches would be too good to pass up, Captain Brickleton plans a day trip on horseback. As the group passes over a rickety bridge on foot, they reach the end of the Elizabethville road and the beginning of the Onondaga single-track that preceded it.

bridge-1.jpg

That’s a really cool little bridge; although, I’m not sure I’d want to lead a horse over it! Bravo Captain Brickleton! Great color scheme, I love the use of the yellow and orange in the landscape.

That white stripe going through the rocks is really neat, and I love the yellow and orange on the ground.  The tree colors complement the scene well, although the trunks seem a little thick and column-like.  Nice bridge techinque!

13 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

That white stripe going through the rocks is really neat, and I love the yellow and orange on the ground.  The tree colors complement the scene well, although the trunks seem a little thick and column-like.  Nice bridge techinque!

Thanks! I was going for a quartz vein or something like that in the rocks. Agreed re: tree trunk thickness - think 1x1 round white/gray bricks and plates would look better? Went with the columnar rounds instead of smooth ones simply because I have more of the striped ones from the Diagon Alley set I parted out a while ago... smooth would have been better.

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice scene.

The trees and the rock work are really cool

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

That’s a really cool little bridge; although, I’m not sure I’d want to lead a horse over it! Bravo Captain Brickleton! Great color scheme, I love the use of the yellow and orange in the landscape.

Yeah, risky business taking a horse across a slat bridge. Yikes! I keep coming back to the bright orange color on the ground because I don't have any dark orange plates :pir-tongue:

I normally rush through these builds in a single sitting so that I can put my LEGOs away before 9MO is on the prowl in the morning. She especially loves the taste of round plates! Some other tweaks I think would make this build better are thinner/more stylized tree trunks and leaves in the water and on the rocks. May revisit if I have a chance over the next few days

Edited by evancelt

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

That white stripe going through the rocks is really neat,

58 minutes ago, evancelt said:

I was going for a quartz vein or something like that in the rocks.

Right! i thought so!

Very nice rockwork and colorwork mate!

Looking good! Nice scene, I like that stream, and the white line marking the water level.

I like it. Nice and interesting scenario in an autumn landscape. The bridge is a highlight.

Nice one! Great rockwork, and color sceme (rocks, water, trees). Oh and that semi derelict bridge looks epic with the chains!!! I believe the natives left it there as a trap...

If I had to improve something, it would be the trees technique (slimmer trunks and more leaves would better complement your lovely build).

By the way TLG it's time to finally make a short carbine for our lovely BOBS cavalry!!! Let's petition! :pir_tong2:

Edited by blackdeathgr