Here is my review on Monkie Kid 80006 White Dragon Horse Bike:

THE GOOD:

• Monkie Kid and Mei minifigures are extremely well done
  • Nice colour scheme on the bike

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• OVERPRICED!!!! NZD35 seems to be more fair
  • The build of the checkpoint doesn't add much value to the set
  • While the bike looks nice but it's a bit too big for minifigures

Overall, this set is very very pricey.  Given this is Lego exclusives it's very unlikely you get much discount from it.  While you get a nice selection of minifigures, you don't get much value from this.  I do like the colour scheme on the bike but personally I'm not a fan of oversized bike compare to a minifigure.  I also feel a smaller mech or bike for the bad guys would be better than a check point build.  Only get this set if you want some monkie kid related components but other big sets are even more pricey.  Otherwise, if you are just into the minifigures, better buy the minfigs off private seller.

Excellent review! I wouldn't say it's too overpriced for a licensed theme, but the price is definitely on the high side.

19 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent review! I wouldn't say it's too overpriced for a licensed theme, but the price is definitely on the high side.

The base price isn't the main issue, yes it's high of course, but it's the exclusivity means the theme has no discounts, which has an even bigger effect compared to other sets that can regularly see 20-40% off in some regions.

I understand exclusive sets have a place, but in Monkie Kid's case it's the entire theme.

Not saying that LEGO doesn't have discounts, they actually do, usually only at a few moments  or when a theme is already retiring, and then sold out shortly after.

Edited by TeriXeri