24 minutes ago, mpj said:

Red-white-black = Bobcat!

But I think Bobcat doesn't produce single piece boom loaders.

It doesn't.

Hope there isn't a sticker on the control panel... :wall:

I didn't think I'd like this set when I saw the prelim, it looked boring and square. But in red and white in the official pictures it actually is pretty cute. I'm impressed they fit the gears controlling a 2 degrees of freedom bucket in such a small space.

17 hours ago, mpj said:

But these machines don't have steering in real life

How convenient. But good choice imo, and the set seems fun.

I had its older brother, LEGO 8418 as a kid, and it was a great little set. 8418 looks a lot better and cuter than this one tbh, but kids will still enjoy it.

But that B-Model is about the most ugly thing in existance. Hell no the hood isn't even symetric and the light is only on one side. Its just barely recognizable as a car. I know the part limitations for B-models in this small scale are a challenge, but this looks like something built by a 6yo in 20 mins :laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

But that B-Model is about the most ugly thing in existance. Hell no the hood isn't even symetric and the light is only on one side. Its just barely recognizable as a car. I know the part limitations for B-models in this small scale are a challenge, but this looks like something built by a 6yo in 20 mins :laugh_hard:

:thumbup:

16 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

How convenient. But good choice imo, and the set seems fun.

I had its older brother, LEGO 8418 as a kid, and it was a great little set. 8418 looks a lot better and cuter than this one tbh, but kids will still enjoy it.

I don't think it's that ugly, you could easily tell it's a car and it looks surprisingly functional, too. :P

This set looks like a cousin for 42032 in A model. The lift and tilt is the same, but it has wheels and less parts.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:22 AM, Gray Gear said:

True, but at least the designer put in steering, a function not there on the A-model. That's the primary function of a B-model right, to inspire reusing the parts for something new. So I think for that the B-model deserves praise even though it has too little 'flesh' to look good.

38 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

True, but at least the designer put in steering, a function not there on the A-model.

Skid steer loaders turn by running one set of wheels in the opposite direction to the other. The clue is in the name!

Yeah I know, so technically it always 'steers' but there is no function like rotating the hubs to put the wheels in an angle compared to the main body. The b-model clearly has that, that was what I was referring to.

@Kaanere well yeah something that ugly could only be a french car :laugh_hard:

(Pls dont get offended, I dont want to discriminate against french people, I just think most french cars are very ugly)

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

@Kaanere well yeah something that ugly could only be a french car :laugh_hard:

(Pls dont get offended, I dont want to discriminate against french people, I just think most french cars are very ugly)

Where do you sit on French skid steers such as those from Manitou (on which this model's colour scheme is based)? :wink:

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Where do you sit on French skid steers such as those from Manitou (on which this model's colour scheme is based)? :wink:

I know very little about construction equipment in general, so no idea. I was talking cars here, about the B model.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Hello from the other side
I must have guessed a thousand timesss

YES I AM RIGHT

And that 'rescue' letter on side of hovercraft's font looks like same with 42113(a cursed thing)

Edited by msk6003

New picture shows that the control panel is two parts, not 3L tile. So sticker (or even two) seems unlikely. Probably a printed tile.

Compressed to fit, I can't promise the B-model is 100% right, but I'm pretty sure the main model is!

Well I can't delete my last post, it failed to upload the pic, and now I can't upload any more pictures...

3 minutes ago, Banana92 said:

Compressed to fit, I can't promise the B-model is 100% right, but I'm pretty sure the main model is!

Well I can't delete my last post, it failed to upload the pic, and now I can't upload any more pictures...

Just post a link of picture hosted on bricksafe, Flickr, etc...I hope you do not have problem on hosting service...

42116.jpg
Brickshelf comes through again, Anyway, Can't promise the B-model is 100% right, but I'm pretty sure the A model is

Edited by Banana92

Looks even better than the first picture, but the blue pins looks a bit weird.