Man I bet this one's gonna sell like crazy. I wonder how fast it'll be

Edited by Bartybum

2 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Man I bet this one's gonna sell like crazy. I wonder how fast it'll be

Maybe very little faster than 42109. gear combination(36->28) is same and wheel size is little bigger.

Edited by msk6003

1 minute ago, msk6003 said:

Maybe very little faster than 42109. gear combination(36->28) is same and wheel size is little bigger.

Or actually slower, especially off-road. L motor has less torque, with this gearing and the bigger wheels I'm afraid we won't see a stellar performance.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I don't get why the Top Gear has an XL motor and this thing is bigger yet has a L motor for drive.

Space, or does C+ XL have variable power output like PF XL motor (I do not have C+ motors so it is a question)?

I am not sure why they use such combination of gears in 42109 and probably in this set. Motors have pritty high RPM, so even when reduced them twiced, the RPM are still very ok and you get twice as much torgue...

17 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Space, or does C+ XL have variable power output like PF XL motor (I do not have C+ motors so it is a question)?

PU L and XL motors have very similar base RPM, but the XL has ~15% more torque (at least according to my measurements). It must have a structural reason to use the smaller motor, but will need to be modded for sure for a decent performance ;)Ā 

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

PU L and XL motors have very similar base RPM, but the XL has ~15% more torque (at least according to my measurements). It must have a structural reason to use the smaller motor, but will need to be modded for sure for a decent performance ;)Ā 

That crossed my mind; one another thing that I have with all PF XL motors there is unconditional power output - something like rubber band effect; is the same think with PU XL, or did TLC "solve" this problem?

thanks

I might have to get this, just for the wheels and tires and the control+ (I donā€™t have any yet).

I donā€™t need more panels in different colours

Actually according to Philo (https://www.philohome.com/motors/motorcomp.htm), the PU L motor has a slightly higher stalled torque and a slightly lower RPM than XL which would explain why it would make more sense in this model.

It's nice to see a suspended model with a positive caster angle, in theory it should be easier to drive it in a straight line.

That's such a cool buggy!

But $129.99 seems a bit steep...

Tires look fantastic, do we have a similar model in the technic lineup? I donā€™t recall any such one.Ā 

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

$129.99 seems a bit steep...

Lego prices are pretty hard to justify.

There's a Chinese knockoff of madocca's pf buggy which comes with "Hyperspeed" L motors which, while they don't have much torque, spin about as fast as a buggy motor. It is properly fast. It doesn't have proportional control but it does have a proper remote control. It's half the price of this set from Lego, even if you buy it from a reseller in Europe.Ā 

I'd take a set of those tyres, but Lego can keep the rest.

Those tyres would be perfect for a MOC of R-C from Toy Story

27 minutes ago, amorti said:

Lego prices are pretty hard to justify.

Not all of them...

However, the Powered Up range is hugely overpriced. I honestly feel like TLG is making the prices go up just because it's RC...

Looks like a cool model. Though I sure hope those white wheels show up in a set without the Conrol+ package because I will not be paying the equivalent of $130 for a small set like this.