Just now, ace_klimax said:

I was thinnking about gear ratios on back axle and couldn't figure out the gear hidden behind wheel to comply with 36 visible connected to motor on lenght of 5 studs.

Will there be whe newest differential?

And if I'm not mistaken, differential might not be good idea for buggy, where there is a possibility that wheels will bounce off the terrain and it might loose traction on 1 wheel limiting traction on other wheel, that actualy stays on the ground.

I experimented with this on my RC version of 8048 buggy (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51165/klimax/8048-buggy-rc-mod/#details) and never thought putting there differential for the reason written above.

Can you share digital model of this buggy? thanks

Yes. that gear is new differential which include in 42109, 42114 and 51515 now.

where can I upload and share file?

It's just a theory, but could the cancellation of the Osprey and the need to recycle the unsold sets perhaps have influenced the decision to use two L motors, instead of a XL for drive + L for steering as in 42109?
Or do you think 100 less parts mean it's lighter and doesn't need so much torque? The bigger wheels only make it faster, so I propose a tug of war contest between the two models to see who the winner is for the same priced C+ set.

Another advantage of both motors of the same type is that they can be used symmetrically in a MOC, such as a skid-steer vehicle.

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Another advantage of both motors of the same type is that they can be used symmetrically in a MOC, such as a skid-steer vehicle.

But this set has only 7 gears,(5 12t bevel in differential, differential, 36t). at least 42109 has 12t(which can mesh with 36t) and 7L rack gear.

So I think this set is very limited to make alternative model.

The 42065 has no gears whatsoever, yet I think it was fun to play with (and, to a limited extent, MOC with). :wink:

On 11/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, AVCampos said:

The 42065 has no gears whatsoever, yet I think it was fun to play with (and, to a limited extent, MOC with). :wink:

But that set is tracked vehicle. make car without gear is hard and this set has only 300+ parts.

@msk6003 If the A-model is anything to go by, then it really wouldn't seem that hard to make a car without using a heap of gears. It really depends on what you want to make. I'm sure you can easily enough make another vehicle with it. The fact that 42065 was a tracked vehicle doesn't really mean anything

It does seem a bit faster than the top gear car, I guess because of the larger diameter wheels.

53 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

The video says "new tires for better grip". I don't know if they are talking about the kind of rubber used.

I think they meant the surface

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

I just realized the wheel hub 6-hole design is new in white.

Better late then never :grin:

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Better late then never :grin:

The 3- hole design has been available in white since 2004. I still don’t understand why they changed to the new version because the axle hole length was reduced and makes it difficult to build compact suspensions.

3 hours ago, Akbalder said:

How much would cost the pieces without the hub and motors?

Perhaps $45?

28 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The 3- hole design has been available in white since 2004. I still don’t understand why they changed to the new version because the axle hole length was reduced and makes it difficult to build compact suspensions.

You can turn wheel to other side and have connection from beginning...I assume that 6 holes made cheaper mold since long time there is truck wheel for tire 62.4 that has 6 holes...

Track width is often problem for my MOCs and main reason for abandoning projects :hmpf_bad: