It looks very nice but 130€ is too expensive !

Lego should sell the control+ set with the electronic separated. It would allow us to buy the hub and motors only once and reuse them in different sets.

Edited by Akbalder

13 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks like 70.1 mm tire ?!

Looks more like 75.1 or 76.1 to me, especially when I look at the rear tire up close. If all I could see were the front one, I would guess 70.1, but the back seems to be plainly 75.1 or 76.1

3 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Looks more like 75.1 or 76.1 to me, especially when I look at the rear tire up close. If all I could see were the front one, I would guess 70.1, but the back seems to be plainly 75.1 or 76.1

To be 75-76 is even better IMO, but yes when I'm zooming front tire it looks like 70.1 and at rear looks bigger indeed like 75... (Other marking is "LEGO GROUP")

23 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Lego should sell the control+ set with the electronic separated. It would allow us to buy the hub and motors only once and reuse them in different sets.

With some reconstruction since hub is very often carrying element...

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

It's not even that expensive considering how much LEGO is charging for the separate C+ components. 80€ smart hub, 35€ for each motor. Those 3 alone would cost 150€! This set is like the Top Gear car a great donor for C+ parts when it will be sold with the usual 30% discount like every Technic set.

2 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

It's not even that expensive considering how much LEGO is charging for the separate C+ components. 80€ smart hub, 35€ for each motor. Those 3 alone would cost 150€! This set is like the Top Gear car a great donor for C+ parts when it will be sold with the usual 30% discount like every Technic set.

But... the electronics could be find for a way cheaper price on bricklink...

3 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

But... the electronics could be find for a way cheaper price on bricklink...

Yes, of course it's cheaper on BL. But even if it's half the price it's still ok value. Just saying.

What's the size of the frame at the bottom?

Looks like it should have a width of 9 wide.

It could also be a new type of beam. 

1 hour ago, jovel said:

What's the size of the frame at the bottom?

Looks like it should have a width of 9 wide.

It could also be a new type of beam. 

it's a simple 7x11 black frame.

Edit correction, the distance indeed appears to be 9 studs which is the width of the hub, good catch.

Edited by Zerobricks

IMO and after looking in detail the Control+ motors included in this model doesn't seem to be any of the PUp L or XL variants, rather a new version of the Medium Angular motor using the DBG / LBG Technic motors color schema.

Edit: This was kind of a wishful thinking... that prevented me to see the L motor at the top of the axle. :pir-tongue:

Also it seems it is still not this time that we will get the Osprey battery box into another set, as this one might use the C+ Hub.

8 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Yes but it would be cheaper to not have to buy the electronic parts for each C+ set. It would be a bit like mario where you buy the electronic part only once in the starter pack.

9 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I have played a little bit in photoshop, so perhaps here is an answer

Tire_42124.jpg

19 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

It would be a bit like mario where you buy the electronic part only once in the starter pack.

This is a brilliant idea.

I bet that It is going to sell very well. Thinking about buying one actually...

Thanks for the photos.

I think Lego really nailed the looks on this. 11 year old me would have gone nuts for that buggy. 
the pricing is interesting as for that money you can get some very capable rc toys and the Lego performance is generally underwhelming in terms of driving experience.

34 minutes ago, MinusAndy said:

I think Lego really nailed the looks on this. 11 year old me would have gone nuts for that buggy. 
the pricing is interesting as for that money you can get some very capable rc toys and the Lego performance is generally underwhelming in terms of driving experience.

I don't think you can really compare Lego set to an RC toy. Lego set's performance is underwhelming, sure, but you can do with it whatever you want. The RC car will never be anything else than an RC car.

6 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I don't think you can really compare Lego set to an RC toy. Lego set's performance is underwhelming, sure, but you can do with it whatever you want. The RC car will never be anything else than an RC car.

True. I guess Lego is trying to hard to compete with other toys. For example people who collect brickheadz or speed champions rarely deconstruct their models, so they could buy Funko Pop or Matchbox instead. Hidden side sets loose their augmented reality feature if you rebuild them. Lego is not really focusing on creative building these days. And so a lot of people will never rebuild this buggy into something else, and of course then they will compare it to other RC toys.

11 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

True. I guess Lego is trying to hard to compete with other toys. For example people who collect brickheadz or speed champions rarely deconstruct their models, so they could buy Funko Pop or Matchbox instead. Hidden side sets loose their augmented reality feature if you rebuild them. Lego is not really focusing on creative building these days. And so a lot of people will never rebuild this buggy into something else, and of course then they will compare it to other RC toys.

Said it before, but TLG are vainly attempting to stay relevant in the age of screens.

40 minutes ago, howitzer said:

For sure. That’s my point though. If you’re looking for an rc experience then Lego is way outclassed but if you’re looking for a flexible construction toy it’s unbeatable. That buggy model isn’t particularly parts rich so it kind of puts it in the territory of cool looking off road rc buggies and if that’s what you’re ultimately drawn in by then there are so many better options. I think Lego’s hubs and electronics end up being a bit pricey for what they actually do.

14 minutes ago, MinusAndy said:

For sure. That’s my point though. If you’re looking for an rc experience then Lego is way outclassed but if you’re looking for a flexible construction toy it’s unbeatable. That buggy model isn’t particularly parts rich so it kind of puts it in the territory of cool looking off road rc buggies and if that’s what you’re ultimately drawn in by then there are so many better options. I think Lego’s hubs and electronics end up being a bit pricey for what they actually do.

:thumbup:

2 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

You're right of course. Still, I think they can't be properly compared, and I don't think many buyers of the buggy will have only that buggy and no other Lego in their collection, so I think the possibilities of flexible construction are available for most buyers. The horrible overpricing of PU parts seems to be the main problem here, cut 30-50% off the price and you've got yourself a much better toy in either category, even if the proper RC stuff is still likely to offer better performance.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Said it before, but TLG are vainly attempting to stay relevant in the age of screens.

TLG is indeed trying to stay relevant, but the jury is still very much out there on how vain their attempts are. It's true though, that screens don't lend themselves well on integration with physical toys, as they don't offer the flexibility needed nearly easily enough. Stuff like the Liebherr set are cool on their own, but it's really hard to turn them into something else, as that would require at least some programming skills. It's hard to say now how these kind of things will turn out in the future, but at least the buggy and similar simple sets should be pretty easy to turn into other kinds of cars.

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I don't know if this was mentioned here

Is that cross beam(?) under the hub is new part also? Impossable with any kind part current.

8 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is that cross beam(?) under the hub is new part also? Impossable with any kind part current.

Honestly it is for me difficult to be 100% sure because I have only "smartphone" available for weekend...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Honestly it is for me difficult to be 100% sure because I have only "smartphone" available for weekend... 

I reverse engineering allmost of model. And....

Ok. It is NEW PARTS also. 15L cross beam.