langko

MOC Mclaren Senna 1:8 (2nd version finished!)

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I dont want ro be rude to the other designer, but imo this one looks a lot cleaner than the orange one. Well done :thumbup:

Don't be so harsh. Maybe the orange car was the guy's first MOC...

[jk]

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I dont want ro be rude to the other designer, but imo this one looks a lot cleaner than the orange one. Well done :thumbup:

Thankyou, I appreciate that. I do a lot of art hobbies so I feel like that reflects in the model. Really keen to do another MOC and push the mechanical aspects harder, technic isn’t all about looks after all. 

6 minutes ago, langko said:

Really keen to do another MOC and push the mechanical aspects harder, technic isn’t all about looks after all.

That's great to hear dude. I reckon you should try to do a chassis underneath all the bodywork. Any thoughts on what your next model will be?

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

That's great to hear dude. I reckon you should try to do a chassis underneath all the bodywork. Any thoughts on what your next model will be?

Agreed. Due to the complex shapes in this model and the lack of parts in dark azure I found it really hard to build the bodywork as seperate modules, resorting to attaching lots of individual section straight to the chassis. Not having to worry about massive opening boots or bonnets meant I could easily get away with that as well... 

After gaining the experience in building this, I was honestly half tempted to try and rework the chassis of this model to include more functions. But since the bodywork being built as it is I’m scared I wouldn’t be able to get the model back to this state if I striped it all off... 

I wouldn’t mind trying a Pagani, maybe in lime/black. I really like the aero flaps and the opening clamshells with the gullwing doors.

17 minutes ago, langko said:

After gaining the experience in building this, I was honestly half tempted to try and rework the chassis of this model to include more functions. But since the bodywork being built as it is I’m scared I wouldn’t be able to get the model back to this state if I striped it all off...  

I dunno if it's too much effort for you, but you could try set up building instructions of sorts for yourself by recording yourself dismantling it bit by bit and playing it in reverse, or taking photos of bits you pull off.

17 minutes ago, langko said:

I wouldn’t mind trying a Pagani, maybe in lime/black. I really like the aero flaps and the opening clamshells with the gullwing doors.

Oh man, if you're gonna do a Pagani I really think you should do a Zonda R (and in just black, lime would be strange imo). That car is ripe for removable bodywork and internal detailing. The Huayra's cool and all, but it's been done in Technic multiple times before. The Zonda R in 1:8 scale would be something new and insane.

Edited by Bartybum

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I dunno if it's too much effort for you, but you could try set up building instructions of sorts for yourself by recording yourself dismantling it bit by bit and playing it in reverse, or taking photos of bits you pull off.

True, but the main concern is that if the whole chassis changes then I won’t be able to attach the bodywork in the same way I have here.

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh man, if you're gonna do a Pagani I really think you should do a Zonda R (and in just black, lime would be strange imo). That car is ripe for removable bodywork and internal detailing. The Huayra's cool and all, but it's been done in Technic multiple times before. The Zonda R in 1:8 scale would be something new and insane.

Hmmm, Zonda R has been done before too. Either way I’m not too fussed, I’d rather try and make my own version of something before someone else’s anyway. I guess colours just personal preference, I feel all black hides the details more and there’s not many sets I can use as a base, so I’d have to BrickLink a lot more parts.

This is what I was kinda thinking: 

https://images.app.goo.gl/CKee3n4biPppXfhM7

https://images.app.goo.gl/6kwzRBrUDJjMKCnN8

20 minutes ago, langko said:

Hmmm, Zonda R has been done before too.

Not in 1:8 scale

21 minutes ago, langko said:

This is what I was kinda thinking: 

Yeah that could work. I’m not much of a fan of lime Paganis but it would definitely help bring out details, plus you already have most of the needed parts from the Sian

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Not in 1:8 scale

Yeah that could work. I’m not much of a fan of lime Paganis but it would definitely help bring out details, plus you already have most of the needed parts from the Sian

True, just checked and the model I was thinking off is indeed a smaller scale.

Exactly my thoughts. Though I definitely agree all lime wouldn’t look as good as when the black is mixed in. 

On 11/26/2020 at 10:15 PM, Ethan0080 said:

Talking about this car. I found a similar one in rebrickable one night in 1:8 scale. But it was removed in like 5 mins. Lucky i was able to download the Lxf file.

What a great build. Do you have still the Lxf file. ? Thanks

What a great Moc.How many Bugatti 42083, parts ? Two sets ?

Edited by mojitoca

On 11/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, Gray Gear said:

I think 2 versions look very nice !, I'm looking for the guy from the orange car, for the instructions.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:15 PM, Ethan0080 said:

Talking about this car. I found a similar one in rebrickable one night in 1:8 scale. But it was removed in like 5 mins. Lucky i was able to download the Lxf file.

I did exactly the same. I have no idea why he deleted it, but I also have the lxf file.

7 hours ago, mojitoca said:

What a great build. Do you have still the Lxf file. ? Thanks

I can give them to you if you want. It's an LDD 3D model though, not instructions.

On 12/2/2020 at 4:44 AM, Qukie said:

A wonderfull representation of a car that is not very pretty. Great work.

Haha thankyou. People seem to either really like the look of the senna or not at all, not much in the middle. 

4 hours ago, mojitoca said:

What a great Moc.How many Bugatti 42083, parts ? Two sets ?

Thanks! I used one Bugatti set as a base

2 hours ago, chlego said:

I did exactly the same. I have no idea why he deleted it, but I also have the lxf file.

I can give them to you if you want. It's an LDD 3D model though, not instructions.

LDD 3D model is ok, thank you !

11 hours ago, chlego said:

But the problem of the file is it missing some elements

10 hours ago, mojitoca said:

LDD 3D model is ok, thank you !

I sent you a DM, please check it out.

Hey everyone, I've slowly been building a 2nd version of this model and would like to share some of the progress here.

When I finished the dark azure version there was 2 main thoughts...

1: Wow, I can't believe I actually managed to put this together.

2: Wow, there is so much that can be improved.

For me the goal is to have the best possible models instead of simply more models, so I tore the entire model apart and restarted everything. As a result the entire chassis is completely different. Here are some photo comparisons of the interior/monocoque. 

SENNA-VS-2.jpg

SENNA-VS-1.jpg

Proportions have been improved massively. It's much more open and roomy. Building technique is much more refined, model is stronger whilst also looking way better. A lot of effort went into hiding all the blue pins as well. The mirror attachment has been improved whilst also angling towards the driver (I'll get some smooth clear tiles at some point), you can also see a couple buttons in the roof too. Air con parts are bigger, dash uses the printed part from the Sian and the centre console uses more system pieces to give it a smoother look. Seat are way better too, improved headrests, smoother back and in my opinion better colour combo too. (Really loved using the yellow in this build.

I kept the HOG shifter, but it was completely redesigned and the paddles behind the steering wheel now move when you use it too. For me this is the best compromise between playability/functionality/aesthetics. It works similar to this (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-41540/Levihathan/paddle-haptic-system/#details)

Thanks for reading, I'll share more info as a finalise other parts of the build.

I love your construction of seats. I will propably never use it, because of the scale and supercar theme which are not my thing. But the fact that your seats are beatiful and build with technic pieces - this is the great thing.

Edited by keymaker

Those seats really look amazing! too bad they can only work when there is a wall behind the seats...