Hi to all,

I haven't posted anything new here for a while. It was started as a model team style hot-rod but I don't have any crome parts except this 4 wheel so there is! My main goal was make lowest steer-able vehicle. Ground clearence is about 1 plate/half liftarm. So pictures,

50616335038_ec10cc32e6_b.jpg02 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50617070761_7cd6c960b3_b.jpg03 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50616334798_5ed97e7dd9_b.jpg04 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50617070146_17d54a7354_b.jpg05 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50616333318_3efd345063_b.jpg06 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50617179947_00693a70f1_b.jpg07 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50617067246_77e1785753_b.jpg10 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50617066851_00d053a6d0_b.jpg12 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

I would say it's more for Scale Models forum but the rat rod really amazing! I love the engine design with glasses. Makes me thing about some relations to bootleggers :wink:

Very nice Model, I love how nasty low it is, and the suicide doors :thumbup:

Good job for at least cramming in the HoG steering in there, if no other functions. I would redomment fixing the HoG on the engine with a 3L axle with stud instead of the 4L axle with stop you are using now, that way could skip the connector between the engine and the gear. It would look even more like a carburator that way :wink:

Ony one question: what is that green bottle on the right side of the engine supposed to be?

Thx for posting :classic:

Edited by Gray Gear

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

I would say it's more for Scale Models forum but the rat rod really amazing! I love the engine design with glasses. Makes me thing about some relations to bootleggers :wink:

It's not modeled any real car and I dont even know what is the scale so i think it suits better here. There is not relationship with bootleggers :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

1 hour ago, MinusAndy said:

Followed on Flickr. Great rat!

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Very nice Model, I love how nasty low it is, and the suicide doors :thumbup:

Good job for at least cramming in the HoG steering in there, if no other functions. I would redomment fixing the HoG on the engine with a 3L axle with stud instead of the 4L axle with stop you are using now, that way could skip the connector between the engine and the gear. It would look even more like a carburator that way :wink:

Ony one question: what is that green bottle on the right side of the engine supposed to be?

Thx for posting :classic:

Thanks, i am glad you like it. 4L axle is necessary because total axle lenght is 6L. I understand your point. Double bevel gear looks bad without 2x2 round tile. 3L with stop is short and "collar" around stud doesnt allow "flush sit" on gear. I will make instructions, you will see what i mean. Bottle works like an oil stick on cars. If the bottle is empty you have to add oil :laugh:

Really nice rat rod! I still plan on building a Technic rod one day, I will surely look at this for inspiration when I start! Also, cool detail adding that 'watch your step' genuine Lego sticker:thumbup: And do I spot a wheel hub cover as steering wheel inside?

In one word... cool
I like hotrods, also ratrods and stuff and this one looks great. Like the whole model and also those 'weird' use of stuff for oilfilters and that kind of things, you see often in real-life.
the Back is cool too with that crane and all those chains.
Nice thinking of the steeringwheel too.

Very cool rat rod.
Where did you get the ax that's on the top of the roof at the back?
I'm currently building the rod with a few changes. You can then upload photos.

edit: found her

Edited by sway-67