56 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Now here's a little game for you - try to count the number of #21 / #22 panel fairings in the model :) 

I already did that yesterday. I guess 18 black, 4 blue and 2 grey.

And 16 other panels. 40 all together.

And at least 46 stickers.

Edited by Gumalca

13 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

I already did that yesterday. I guess 18 black, 4 blue and 2 grey.

And 16 other panels. 40 all together.

Holy cow, that's on par with -- if not more than -- the 1:8 supercar sets!

6 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Holy cow, that's on par with -- if not more than -- the 1:8 supercar sets!

Porsche 42056 had 92, that's a lot more.

15 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

Porsche 42056 had 92, that's a lot more.

20 by my count. (we were talking about #21/22 panels right?)

48 minutes ago, astyanax said:

20 by my count. (we were talking about #21/22 panels right?)

I thought you meant the total panel amount. That's right, the Senna goes really overboard on small panels. And then the new 2x3 panels are even smaller. Can't wait to see if they will come up with more smaller panels ? maybe a 2x2 corner panel for the 2x3 panel? ?

Technic sets are getting more detailed with more smaller technic pieces. The Sian was already a telltale sign (loads of 21/22 panels in the front fascia), and this car confirms that. Seems TLG wants to really flesh out the model range in medium scale, and they are investing heavily in that. I can only applaud them for it :thumbup: The Jeep shows a similar level of detail with new small technic parts.

At this point I really would like to get both the McLaren and the Jeep sets, and that shouldn't even cost me a fortune... Happy days:grin:

All this gives me good hopes for a well detailed Ferrari car too...

Edited by Rudivdk

Lego really pulled out all the stops on the bodywork for this car. It even has opening doors! Although the front fenders are still on the square side compared to real life. Another way to check if it has a differential is reverse engineering the rear chassis in LDD and seeing if it would fit.

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

And inbetween 2L wide differential ...

Well to have such thin differential would be a dream come true

Nice little model.... Is it the same scale of the 42093?? This should fit in your 42098 car hauler if it's not to wide.. a must have for my collection's.. It's been a good year for technics.. 

22 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Nice little model.... Is it the same scale of the 42093?? This should fit in your 42098 car hauler if it's not to wide.. a must have for my collection's.. It's been a good year for technics.. 

This is what i'm really hoping for too! Can't wait to pick it up if it's the right scale :D

6 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Yes, in Billund it is already finished.

:laugh:

:roflmao: :iamded_lol:

:laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, suffocation said:

Dumb question from a colour-blind bloke - is that regular blue, same as in 42042?

Yeah it’s regular blue. Don’t worry, I was wondering if it was some weird new slightly pale blue

19 hours ago, Jurss said:

Yes, in Billund it is already finished.

This comment made my day:thumbup: :head_back:

seena_progress.png
There's no way I have this right, but I'm doing what I do best and reverse engineering the sets for 2021

For what it's worth I like this MUCH better then the Corvette we got, it just looks so much more like the source material, and also the price to parts, I'll def be picking this up

I wonder how much work it would be to modify this into a street version. I'm not much into race cars.

20 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I wonder how much work it would be to modify this into a street version. I'm not much into race cars.

Honestly I'm not sure it's take much.

Leave off the race themed sticked, change out the gray and some black for blue, and I think you could keep the spoiler, it is a super car after all ;)

well, given the scale, this is quite impressive. I like the colours, shaping, proportions, several clever details. i like this one. 

Well, I just noticed the red pin... it'd look better if they used black pins instead, especially considering the fact that the piece already existed in black. Still an excellent set though.

After building a few MOCs in this scale, I'm actually OK with losing some functionality as long as each car in the “series“ brings something different to the table. 

Maybe one has working suspension and Ackerman steering, but no diff or working doors. Another has a small trans and diff, but basic steering and no suspension. Another has a functioning twin turbo but no diff. 

Currently working on a mini 911 GT3 that's rebrickable from 42093. Fitting the engine above the differential took some trickery, even more so to make it short enough after adding a slight V to the boxter so it could work under gravity.  Crazy thing is if I decided to use pieces beyond 42093 there's just enough room to squeeze suspension, and 4spd transmission if you don't care what the interior looks like.