legolux1973

[MOC & Instructions] 4554 Central Station Revisited

Hello to the community.

The last weeks, I had finally a bit more time for LEGO, so I started a new small digital project: (digital) modern redesign of the classic LEGO Set 4554 Central Station (also known as Metro Station) from the LEGO Trains Theme from 1991. These have been my first steps in the Lego Train Theme, maybe you like the result. ;-)

50609647726_960ced1e0d_z.jpg

Picture 1: 4554 Central Station Revisited

50609648401_f4304af1f1_z.jpg

Picture 2: 4554 Central Station Revisited

I also created some building instructions for the train station. You can download them (PDF File, 125 pages, for free, no registration) under the below URL:

http://afol.lu/afol52/filebase/index.php?file/55-lego-4554-central-station-revisited/

Ok, this is now a bit offtopic, but may I ask you however, as a sort of recompensation, to vote for my LEGO Ideas Project Queen Elizabeth II and share my project idea in social media. You can vote for my project here: https://bit.ly/legoqueenelizabeth . I would really appreciate. :thumbup: :classic:

Happy Building, stay safe and keep healthy. :-)

Edited by legolux1973
Update URL of instructions

Wonderful redesign of the metro station!
Thanks a lot for the instructions, i downloaded them and put in my to do later list.

What’s the part count for this little beauty?

Lovely!  Nice update of the exterior, but the interior builds especially are great!  Thanks for sharing!

(and supported June's castle on its own merits, too)

On 11/16/2020 at 3:24 PM, legolux1973 said:

I also created some building instructions for the train station. You can download them (PDF File, 125 pages, for free, no registration) under the below URL:

https://bit.ly/revisited4554

Ok, this is now a bit offtopic, but may I ask you however, as a sort of recompensation, to vote for my LEGO Ideas Project Princess June's Castle and share my project idea in social media. You can vote for my project here: https://bit.ly/junescastle. I would really appreciate. :thumbup: :classic:

Happy Building, stay safe and keep healthy. :-)

Thank you - this is really awesome to see!

Would you have a parts list as well for it?

Cheers

That was always one of my favorite train stations, and it's fantastic to see it here in tan with more detail.  Great work, and thanks for sharing!

Nice!

I was planning to take inspiration from the yellow/red model to make a station, tan is a good idea, I may then take a lot of inspiration from yours :)

I've seen lately some other remakes of an old Lego set, and I like it. Mostly, I guess because the sets are from my 'period'.
And this is another one, and it looks great. Very recognizable, like size/shape, but with a lot of nice details. Also the color looks much better and the arches underneath the platform gives it nice look too.

And the lanterns are great too. Fits good with the look of the station.

Hello to the community. 

On 11/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, JintaiZ said:

Wow, amazing build!!!

@JintaiZ Thank you very much. :classic:

On 11/16/2020 at 4:31 PM, Lfm55 said:

Wonderful redesign of the metro station!
Thanks a lot for the instructions, i downloaded them and put in my to do later list.

What’s the part count for this little beauty?

@Lfm55 Thank you very much. The partcount is around 1600 parts. :classic:

On 11/16/2020 at 5:46 PM, JopieK said:

Really nice. Works much better than yellow or red.

@JopieK Thank you very much. :classic:

On 11/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, deraven said:

Lovely!  Nice update of the exterior, but the interior builds especially are great!  Thanks for sharing!

(and supported June's castle on its own merits, too)

@deraven Thank you very much. Also for the vote for the castle, I really appreciate this. :classic:

I'm happy that you like the interior, in the end it took as much time as the build itself.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, Sunseeker21 said:

Thank you - this is really awesome to see!

Would you have a parts list as well for it?

Cheers

@Sunseeker21 Thank you very much for the feedback. :classic:Actually I'm not sharing the parts list. Thank you for your understanding.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, Grover said:

That was always one of my favorite train stations, and it's fantastic to see it here in tan with more detail.  Great work, and thanks for sharing!

@Grover Thank you very much for the feedback. :classic:

On 12/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, SollX said:

his looks really good! great job!

@SollX Thank you very much. :classic:

On 12/1/2020 at 9:32 AM, antp said:

Nice!

I was planning to take inspiration from the yellow/red model to make a station, tan is a good idea, I may then take a lot of inspiration from yours :)

@antp Thank you very much. :classic: Dark red could also be an alternative. :thumbup:

On 12/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, neonic said:

I've seen lately some other remakes of an old Lego set, and I like it. Mostly, I guess because the sets are from my 'period'.
And this is another one, and it looks great. Very recognizable, like size/shape, but with a lot of nice details. Also the color looks much better and the arches underneath the platform gives it nice look too.

And the lanterns are great too. Fits good with the look of the station.

@neonic Thank you very much for your feedback. :classic: I'm happy you like the details and the platform. :classic:

Regards,

legolux1973

Edited by legolux1973

Very nice recreation. I remember wanting the original to go with my Metroliner. Glad we have a much wider colour palate these days!

Edited by lifeinplastic