Sign in to follow this  
OneSnowTrooper

Lighting the Winter Village

My wife want to build a winter village from lego so she is buying the sets. Now she also wants to light the entire village and train.

Any recommendations to what light sets/brand to buy ? Is there a brand that uses USB to light everything instead of separate batteries for everything ? Is there a light set that lights the train but also make it possible to keep the train running with power options, so not limiting the train of running the track ?

any tips and advice is welcome!

Just purchase some regular Christmas lights and put them in the buildings, from the back.  As long as your displays against a wall or something to make the back not visible you should be good. Quick and cheap remedy.

There are a lot of light kits out there, some for the train.  Unfortunately, the power up/power functions plugs are not available from these kits.  Will need a separate battery pack. You could get a motor or extension cable and cut the cord...then solder the plug to what ever kit your purchase.  

I've been thinking about this as well. My conclusion so far, is to wait a bit and when all the christmas decorations is taken out, I'll see if I can just use a regular christimas light, as @LegoDW wrote. The custom solutions are too expensive for me :) 

But please post your results!