Sign in to follow this  
Dies Irae

[MOC] 21322 + 31109 = ?

Like some in this forum, my interest in LEGO in general and Pirates specifically was re-ignited by the release of 21322 Barracuda Bay. Being stuck at home during the COVID lockdown no doubt helped lol. Then 31109 was announced and everything went into overdrive.

However I was dissatisfied with the leftover island of 21322 and the pirate tavern of 31109 was underwhelming, IMHO.

With the lockdown, I was unable to visit my favourite bars, and channeled this need to hang out into a combination of the 2 sets, with some additional parts, and here it is!

Criticism is welcome, but please be gentle - I’m a noob and this is my first MOC :wink:

50603386761_66c29049e5_b.jpg

50602649493_cec9c24b42_b.jpg

50603386856_130a67200e_b.jpg
the entrance is pulley operated and was inspired by 70411

50603386986_e74daf2f2d_b.jpgpresenting .. the resident band!

Edited by Dies Irae

That's very nice for a first MOC; in fact, I actually like this much more than 21322 itself.

Maths has never been my speciality, but I can tell you 21322 + 31109 equals to a very nice MOC in here!

Great idea! Probably something I will try out myself once I get my hands on 21322. Which means I will need a third copy of 31109 because I also want to build something like Wurger49's Ship MOD. Oh man...

Good Idea !

Funny I was thinking about this mix this week end and finally got something totally differnet instead, but never mind...

Your idea is well thought and well designed !

Perhaps better photography would help though...

Good job !

On 11/15/2020 at 4:26 PM, Wurger49 said:

This is very nice, I like how you included a courtyard.

It's the alfresco dining area :pir-grin:

I think this looks fantastic!

Have you tried the Skull from 31109? It looks surprisingly good (with minor alterations) and does not take many 'important' parts.

I bought both sets, and I am still slowly working my way up to things. So far a few of my Pirates have ended up on a smaller Island with a raft, but they are collecting driftwood for a bigger build...

50348284833_d89f91d1da_c.jpg

Edited by jan kusters
added image