Puvel

[GoC] Purser's Network 2: Customs Office in Port Woodhouse

In a busy naval base as Port Woodhouse, there's always vessels coming and going. To keep track of all everything runners are send between the docks and the customs house. Nobody likes it, but it has to be done to keep the empire running.

50601890662_c8a8f0843c_z.jpg

This is obviously inspired by Ayrlego. Had fun building in this style, hope I gave it enough of a personal twist. 

As I commented on Flickr - this is brilliant work Puvel! I really like how you have added your own personal style to the Port Woodhouse style. The bright flower colours really influence the tone of the scene in a way I really like. The pot with the green leaves is also a simple addition that really lifts the scene. I'd love to see a close up of the tree at the back if that is possible? It looks like you've used a barrel to hold multiple flexi-tubes? It looks great and I'd love to attempt to mimic it! Lastly the way you have used tiles with a few plates to create the path outside the door is really effective. I am now considering changing all the 1x1 round tiles in my current MOC to this style of plates.....!

So, yeah... definitely a GoC :thumbup: from me!

I mentioned on Flickr that the bright flower colors really made this your own, but I didn't say how much I love the vegetation in general.  Very effective use of several different kinds of parts to create detailed plants!  I'm also a big fan of the transition from bumpy dirt to smooth stone.  A great addition to the settlement!

Really nice "copy of Ayrlego style" but you add enough personnal twist for sure !

As already said you have a knack with vegetation, and the dirty/smooth transition  in front of the door is brilliant.

That's a cute little house.

So many nice details, the color scheme and the tiled pavement in front of the door. I like this creation so much, it's pleasing to see and a source of inspiration for myself as well.

Excellent work using a much loved style. "Semi-tiled" ground looks really really good although I can't stop wondering whether the lbg part would look better (or worse) if it was one plate higher than the rest of the ground.

Thanks for all the kinds words!

@Ayrlego

You're right about the tree. It's a combination of techniques I've seen. I used a long flex tube as the main trunk and attached the branches and leaves with some extra foliage. You can change the angles of the branches and leaves to give the tree a fuller look.

But the trunk looks a bit thin then so I placed the tube in a barrel and added some bars to fill it up the barrel. I've seen people adding guns, paddles, and other things to give there trunk a more rugged look.  

Anyway, here's pic from the back:

50609045743_e4bf268a98.jpg

6 minutes ago, Puvel said:

You're right about the tree. It's a combination of techniques I've seen. I used a long flex tube as the main trunk and attached the branches and leaves with some extra foliage. You can change the angles of the branches and leaves to give the tree a fuller look.

But the trunk looks a bit thin then so I placed the tube in a barrel and added some bars to fill it up the barrel. I've seen people adding guns, paddles, and other things to give there trunk a more rugged look.  

That's super cool!