evancelt

[COR - FB] An Afternoon Shipwreck

As part of Captain Brickleton's Seventeen Point Plan to bolster the defenses at Elizabethville, he instructed the militia at Fort di Legno to keep watch on the sea at all hours.

A squall raged all night and into the morning. As the sun rose, the militiaman on watch spotted a ship on the horizon. Using his spyglass, he couldn't quite make out the ensign flying behind the ship, but he could see that it was blue.

By midafternoon, the storm had moved offshore and it became quite clear that the ship was listing hard to port. The militiaman notified Second Lieutenant Bolton and he went to Captain Brickleton with the news. Over the next 24 hours the ship began drifting closer to Lacryma and it also began breaking up.

A full 48 hours after the ship was first spotted, the first bluecoat seamen in the water began reaching shore. Captain Brickleton stripped down to his knickers and swam out to help them reach land. Once ashore, they were taken into custody and given a warm meal. In total, seven bluecoats made it ashore, though the militia patrolled the beach for the next week looking for signs of any additional crewmen.

shipwreck-1-white.jpg

OOC: I've broken a lot of reddish brown plates and tiles in the last month, and I wanted to use them in a MOC! Also wanted to try out some new tree techniques

Spoiler

shipwreck-2.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Fake news! No ship from the nation of Oleon has sunk (yet) in these months!

Apart from the usual Corrish lies (:pir_tong2:), your build is nice and includes some original details. Your water to sand transition is very nice in terms of colors, even if it is a little too geometric. I'm not so sure about your tree, but the bush on the right is excellent. I also like the uniform and gloves abandoned on the sand by the swimming officer.

I also like your use of broken tiles... using dark reddish-brown and dark red parts can be a real pain, they tend to become very fragile with time. I also had to repair one of my torsos, no visible scar but a bad alarm ring.

54 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

The sea can be a tempest for even the most hardy of crews and it sure is tediuous to keep track of all of those ships, I'm sure. The militiamen didn't find any additional crewmen while combing the beaches, but they did find one very soggy messenger bird that still had a message attached to its left leg. To their credit, the seven blueys in the Fort di Legno stockade are very polite in accepting warm meals offered, but don't provide other useful intelligence. Captain Brickleton did think it was interesting that such a fine and obviously expensively-made bicorne washed up on shore alongside the wreckage.

54 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Your build is nice and includes some original details. Your water to sand transition is very nice in terms of colors, even if it is a little too geometric. I'm not so sure about your tree, but the bush on the right is excellent. I also like the uniform and gloves abandoned on the sand by the swimming officer.

I also like your use of broken tiles... using dark reddish-brown and dark red parts can be a real pain, they tend to become very fragile with time. I also had to repair one of my torsos, no visible scar but a bad alarm ring.

Thanks!

Edited by evancelt

3 hours ago, Keymonus said:

It may be pure Corrie propaganda or it may be true, but I think it illustrates our honourable intentions towards victims of the harsh elements, regardless of our political differences! :pir_laugh2:

I like the beach scene and the little details like Captain Brickleton's uniform discarded on the beach really add to the scene. The broken reddish-brown tiles work exceptionally well here. I have the same problem and save all my broken ones as well! The only suggestion I have is that the beach itself looks a little flat. Maybe if you had the plates I'd suggest raising each level by a plate until the vegetation at the back was sitting at least one brick higher than the water level.