BrickVault

AT-ST Raider from The Mandalorian

Hi everyone it's been a while since I posted on here. I've been lurking a lot and enjoying all the awesome MOCs though. Anyway, I'm really happy with how my latest MOC turned out and wanted to share it.

I am a big fan of rusted-out builds or anything that looks post-apocalyptic, so making an AT-ST in that style has been a lot of fun. Obviously, it's based on the Mandalorian season 1 using freeze frames from the episode to get details and also looking at various toys and posters to fill in the rest. I made two stickers just to add a slight bit of detail but the rest is all bricks. Inside is one red light brick. I may try some custom LED lighting to get the searchlight on the front but for now I think the red eyes are plenty. It's pretty poseable too but you have to get comfortable with the model before trying anything too elaborate. The AT-ST design has a 'questionable' center of gravity. I hope you like it.

AT-ST Mandalorian 1AT-ST Mandalorian 2

Amazing! I love all of your builds!

Edited by JintaiZ

Always like those creations but this version looks great too.
the Colors looks great and I like the stripes on the front and the chains.
the Cloth? what's the use/ idea?

Looks really nice. Is the official set a good donor set or are there a lot of different pieces?

So cool!  Really like the choice of additional colors adding some unique detail.  I esp. like the front stripes. The red light brick works well.

This makes me want to break out some Imperial SW sets.  Excellent build.

Thanks everyone!

To answer some questions - the original set is not a great donor set, this is a totally unqiue design from that.

The cloth pieces are the Hammock ovals used in sets that have hammocks. They are plentiful and cheap so I went with those instead of some of the more rare cloth parts.

One thing I love about your design (and in Lego in general) is the ability to change out pieces in a different colour - it just adds so much texture and feel to it so well done.

The upper body of this is very nice, with texture and angles that bely its construction from Lego.  The legs are a bit less convincing, but still better than I could do.  My favorite details are the fabric elbow pads.  They give the vehicle a unique look, like the walker has fallen on hard times and has to wear patched-up clothes from the secondhand store - which is more or less true!

On 11/21/2020 at 7:44 PM, ch3ck_mat3 said:

love your designs!!!! Just purchased some of your instructions and i cannot wait to build some of the ships!

Thank you! What model did you get?

8 hours ago, BrickVault said:

Thank you! What model did you get?

The Original Trilogy Starfighters Bundle. :) After I build a couple squadrons of the Rebels I'll get the Tie Fighters Collection.