Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

[MOC] marching through teutoburger wald

Quintili Vare, legiones redde! (Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!)

So After a year of being busy in real life I have finally found the time to build again.

I watched the serie "Barbaren" and decided to make a little moc of it.

I was planning on doing an ambush by the babarians, but it was way too chaotic, and many details were lost. I

decided to just put a "scout" into the build.

50592538938_398784c14f_b.jpgMarching through teutoburgerwald by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

50593273631_5868213ed7_b.jpgMarching through teutoburgerwald by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

50592544948_eb36bd3a84_b.jpgClose up teutoburgerwald by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

50593274531_76b7139054_b.jpgclose up by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Hope you like it :)

This is an excellent scene with so many of the Roman minifigures!  I like that cavalry shield piece, and may have to look it up for myself.
One addition I have made to my Roman minifigures to make them more realistic is to change out the arms for arms with red short sleeves.  I think it makes them look a lot better than the stock bare yellow option.

Nice build.  I like the base.  The trees look good.  The layering of tiles looks very smooth and transitions nicely.  I like all the roman figs too.  

Great diorama and very well photographed! :thumbup:

I like how the minifigures are imbued with personality through their facial prints, stances and positions such as the barbarian scout hiding in the shrubbery.