2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

how do we know it’s £44.99?

£44.99 has been the rumored price...

The flowers look surprisingly good! The shapes are very well achieved. Kudos to the designer

Edited by Robert8

The flowers look great but they are not for me. They look a bit fragile, I'd hate dusting them and I prefer real ones.

What will be interesting though is if they continue with these, will they go to flowers that don't have four fold symmetry and go for species with five or six or seven petals. There could be some interesting new parts if they wanted to deviate from four-fold axes and keep the spacing symmetrical.

ooooooo, bonsais tree looks amazing!! And flower bouquet looks beautiful!

ProbalyI will grab bonsai tree since i am a fan of bonsais. :) 

Hard to tell and it might be my sleep-deprived eyes playing tricks and brain doing some wishful thinking but is that two tone bark on the trunk? I hope so as it will add texture. The stand being in that same brown colour is the only disappointment but easy enough to mod with bricks and tiles in tan “wood” like the box banner illustration. The sakura cherry blossom that provides an alternative build is a really simple but lovely touch.

Edited by Lucarex

32 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Hard to tell and it might be my sleep-deprived eyes playing tricks and brain doing some wishful thinking but is that two tone bark on the trunk? I hope so as it will add texture. 

Can definitely agree 100% on this point.  The bark is two tone as far as I can tell - a really beautiful small 18+ build.

33 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

The stand being in that same brown colour is the only disappointment but easy enough to mod with bricks and tiles in tan “wood” like the box banner illustration. 

Can also agree on this point.  I wonder how much the designer played around with colours here for the pot and the stand....

35 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

The sakura cherry blossom that provides an alternative build is a really simple but lovely touch.

And thirdly......I.......agree again!  I think being able to change the look at certain times of year will be an appeal for many, including myself.  

Overall, a beautiful small build that I will certainly be picking up.  I think that on closer examination I prefer the Bonsai as it looks more finished than 10280.  The flower bouquet's main problem for me is the absence of any vase in any shape, meaning that you need to either build one yourself or have a vase handy....  Looks like I'll be buying some 'glass' parts from the Ship in a Bottle set...

I really like these.  They remind me of the same style they did the birds in from Ideas a while back.  Now we have the flora and the fauna.  I guess I will have to find a cheap vase for the flowers.  Thanks for posting this.

Hi, this is my first post!:classic: 

Can anyone please give me an educated guess as to when Lego will release the bouquet (10280)? 

My VIP points are expiring and I need to figure out quickly how to spend them.

Thanks for any response!

12 minutes ago, daiichigo said:

Hi, this is my first post!:classic: 

Can anyone please give me an educated guess as to when Lego will release the bouquet (10280)? 

My VIP points are expiring and I need to figure out quickly how to spend them.

Thanks for any response!

Welcome @daiichigo!  Greetings from across the pond!

This generally reliable site says that they both are released on January 1st, so you can expect them then.  You might want to buy them pretty rapidly on January 1st, as there is certainly a risk that they will sell out fast, particularly with the increased demand and reduced production of sets because of Covid-19.  Good luck and happy shopping!

Vilhelm22

Just as a reminder to all:

Flower Bouquet / Bonsai Tree

10280 / 10281

756 pieces / 878 pieces

USD49.99 / EUR49.99 / GBP44.99

Release January 1st 2021

You can exchange for a voucher now (or on the day the points expire), and it will be valid for either 30 or 60 days (it depends on your country).

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

You can exchange for a voucher now (or on the day the points expire), and it will be valid for either 30 or 60 days (it depends on your country).

I asked in another post, but haven't heard back yet.... how many vouchers/how much discount do I get for 2400 VIP points?

25 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Thanks @Vilhelm22 for knowing that! Really appreciate it!!!!

5 hours ago, daiichigo said:

I asked in another post, but haven't heard back yet.... how many vouchers/how much discount do I get for 2400 VIP points?

Check on your country's VIP site. You will be able to see what they cost in points.

7 hours ago, daiichigo said:

As @MAB says it varies by country, but as a guide, I think I have around that amount currently and you need 3200 points to get €20 voucher.

Edited by Lucarex

Got a new update today!

LEGO announced yesterday two new sets designed to go with the bouquet.  They actually do not fall under either the Botanical Collection or 18+ tags, but are clearly designed to accompany them.

The 2 new sets are:

40460 Roses - £11.99/€12.99

40461 Tulips - £8.99/€9.99

There are two red roses in 40460, and three tulips in white, medium lavender (I think - LEGO just says purple!), and cool yellow in 40461.

Both are to be released on January 1st, and refer specifically to 10280 Flower Bouquet in their descriptions on LEGO.com - despite no official appearance of 10280 on the site yet.  For a reference of size, the tulip stem is 24 cm or 8 inches.  There are at least 3 new recolours - 3l Technic axle joiner in dark and lime green, as well as a part of which I’m unsure the name of that makes the leaves on the roses - the Brickset article says they were first car bonnets.

Personally, I think this is a very good development, as it really opens up for future expansion of this previously unexplored floral topic.  The sets are also good for creating a matching bunch, or for those who cannot afford the larger Bouquet.  One of my first thoughts was that it was a perfect present for this time of year as a Christmas present when you have to buy for many and don’t want to spend too much.  The whole floral idea generally also works great as I know people who have serious hay fever and can’t have flowers as a result......until now!

I’ll be interested to see where they go next in terms of larger sets - this is getting interesting!

Edited by Vilhelm22

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

The Bonsai is simply brilliant and the small table under it is a great addition; plus the price point seems to be very fair to me - for sure this one make it into my collection '(but firstly in the end of 2021)! :wub:

The Flower Bouquet looks excellent, too. But here I'm clearly missing a vase to put the flowers in. Plus fifty Euros for only one flower bouquet without vase seems a bit overpriced to me. But all in all a great set. :thumbup:

Tulips and Roses both look very nice, too. But - like in the Flower Bouquet set - I'm clearly missing a vase to put the flowers in, too. In contrast, both sets seem to have a good price ratio performance. :thumbup:

PS: Let's see what the second half of 2021 or the first wave in 2022 will bring - I'd really like to get a brick-built cactus and a carnivore!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

40460 169 SEK

40461 129SEK

I do wonder what 10280 will be in swedish Kronors. I'll take a guess and say 649SEK. Counting on 129SEK / 10€ + rounding up so last number is a 9.  :( to that exhange rate tho.

20 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Let's see what the second half of 2021 or the first wave in 2022 will bring - I'd really like to get a brick-built cactus and a carnivore!

Cactus would definitely be excellent, and a carnivorous plant would be terrific as well!  They’d almost certainly go for a Venus flytrap as the one everyone knows.  I’d also like to see something like an aloe vera, as another unusual shape...

On 12/18/2020 at 11:10 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Cactus would definitely be excellent, and a carnivorous plant would be terrific as well!  They’d almost certainly go for a Venus flytrap as the one everyone knows.  I’d also like to see something like an aloe vera, as another unusual shape...

I completely agree with you - plus the idea of an aloe vera sound promising, too!

I created a new topic for ideas for life-sized and other non-licensed 18+ sets - if you have additional ideas, you're welcome to share them with us there.

Are these sets going to be released on the 1st?  That is less than week, and no announcement by Lego yet, and not yet listed on lego.com as coming soon.

10 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

Are these sets going to be released on the 1st?  That is less than week, and no announcement by Lego yet, and not yet listed on lego.com as coming soon.

They said 1st January 2021 originally but if you check jedijackpenguin’s site it’s changed to simply ‘January 2021’.  So I’d guess after the Chinese New Year stuff on the 10th but before Feb 1 when Ninjago City Gardens comes out.

18 hours ago, BrickWild said:

The pieces of the bonsai tree should come in handy.

Haha pink frogs yeah.  Also a lot of brown tiles and foliage.