Members of my LUG have these suggestions.  I haven't gotten a vase yet - but I'm liking the narrower 4" (10 cm) wide vase better.

A: 9" high and 4" Dia

tI0p5cl.png

--------------------------------------

B: 9 inches tall with 5 diameter

g0VGgUV.png

This year’s releases having pretty clearly come to an end, assuming the yet to be revealed numbers up to 10295 are all true, meaning next year should probably come into consideration.  The top of my list, as mentioned previously, would be a cactus, preferably in a simple flower pot.  Maybe some daffodils?  For a Bird of Paradise Flower equivalent I’d love a fuchsia.

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 8/24/2021 at 8:45 PM, Poodabricks said:

It shows that Lego is no longer a toy. It's a lifestyle. 

Well, actually, Lego IS still a toy to kids and adults. But I still consider Lego sets as my own lifestyle. 

However, i haven’t gotten any sets from Botanical Collection yet. These sets are beautiful for adults to build!

On 8/26/2021 at 2:19 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, actually, Lego IS still a toy to kids and adults.

Viewed as toys to some. But its really a lifestyle now. 

According to JediJacPenguin, there will be a $49.99 orchid in January 2022.  (Not fully confirmed, but he’s nearly always right).

I’d be interested to see this as there are many different types of orchids, so the plant isn’t obvious from the name.

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 1/15/2021 at 9:12 PM, koalayummies said:

Here's the Bonsai with Brick Yellow 'wood base' as opposed to the Reddish Brown. Also made the foliage a bit more poofy.

50839520648_a62cb952a0_z.jpg

Really cool set. The instructions have a bunch of pictures of other designs and themed-builds similar to those seen in the designer video (like Pirates and Space themed, coral reef themed etc) so it'll be cool to see what builders come up with.

@koalayummies Just wondering if you have you have rough quantities of the stalks and bracelets you used? I'm trying to replicate it and having trouble with working it out from the photo.

@koalayummies and if you just used the 10 original leaves?

On 10/21/2021 at 11:58 PM, webwalker said:

@koalayummies Just wondering if you have you have rough quantities of the stalks and bracelets you used? I'm trying to replicate it and having trouble with working it out from the photo.

@koalayummies and if you just used the 10 original leaves?

Yeah I think the 10 original leaves is correct. As far as the stalks and green 1x1 flower bracelet pieces, it was a lot. I used just about every single one that I had *huh*. Guessing it was around 25 or so of the 6-stem stalk 19119 which would mean around 125 of the clickits Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Flower Edge (4 Knobs / Petals). I've since disassembled it but I might have a few more photos.

Edit, here's the only other photo I took of it before taking it apart. On second look its way more than the 10 leaf pieces, looks more like 20-30, four for each of the brown scooter handlebar pieces. And I'd guess the green flower bracelet pieces was actually closer to 160 and they alternate between the dark green and lighter green. :oh:

51622180702_1a363f6bcc_b.jpg

Edited by koalayummies

@koalayummies Huge thanks for the info! Because you realized that it used more leaves after you mentioned the stalks... does that mean you think that it might be more stalks as well, or did you update the stalk count to take that into account? As for the Flower Edges, its a pity they cost so much to buy in large lots at the moment... Like $60+ (including shipping) for everything :( 

13 hours ago, webwalker said:

@koalayummies Huge thanks for the info! Because you realized that it used more leaves after you mentioned the stalks... does that mean you think that it might be more stalks as well, or did you update the stalk count to take that into account? As for the Flower Edges, its a pity they cost so much to buy in large lots at the moment... Like $60+ (including shipping) for everything :( 

Yeah I had all of these on hand over years of collecting and just threw them all together. I still think theres only about 25 of the stalk pieces. But where are you looking for these parts, bricklink? The clickit bracelet flowers 28573 or 33291 are currently $0.06 per on Lego's own bricks and pieces, 6-stem stalk $0.23 ea and the plant leaves 4x3 2423 is $0.15.

@koalayummies I've never really brought lego like this (specific pieces) so I've been looking on bricklink. There, in volume 33291 from the state, they are like $0.28 each :O Where do I go to buy directly from lego?

7 hours ago, webwalker said:

@koalayummies I've never really brought lego like this (specific pieces) so I've been looking on bricklink. There, in volume 33291 from the state, they are like $0.28 each :O Where do I go to buy directly from lego?

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/service/replacementparts/sale/location

Once you’ve selected your pieces, and you’ve pressed add to bag or something like that, if it says “error” and doesn’t add the order to your main shopping cart, just hit refresh and it should add it.

Will we have more sets from Botanical Collection next year? I don’t follow this thread real close…

15 hours ago, webwalker said:

Huge thanks! Saved me like $100 and a ton of aggravation.

Happy to help :classic:

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will we have more sets from Botanical Collection next year? I don’t follow this thread real close…

Yes, there’s only 1 been rumoured at the minute, all we know is it is an orchid. If I remember correctly, it might be the same price as the Bonsai tree.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes, there’s only 1 been rumoured at the minute, all we know is it is an orchid. If I remember correctly, it might be the same price as the Bonsai tree.

Hooray, thank you for some info! 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hooray, thank you for some info! 

You are very welcome! If it isn't an orchid I like, I may buy the Bonsai tree. One of my local Toy Shops has it at 25% off (seemingly permanently).

New set reveal!!!!!

Not officially part of the Botanical Collection, but in the same line as the tulips and roses from this year, in 2022 we are going to see a set of two sunflowers number 40524.  This was completely unexpected, and I really like them!  Good parts usage and more detailed than the other two smaller sets.  Still nothing further about the orchid however.  It's a very unclear name, as orchids vary hugely in colour, size, and shape, with large and small, wild and cultivated ones of different types around the world.

Edited by Vilhelm22

I just got Bonsai Tree (‘m a huge fan of Japanese culture) and Birds of Paradise, so excited to build them!

i’m wiating to hear about that orchid set!

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

Botanicals Orchid and Succulents have leaked, they look fantastic. 

They really do! Wow

Succulents are very meh, but the orchid is exactly perfect. Really stunningly perfect. Both also are supposed to be 50 Euro and come out in May.