Darth Bjorn

[H19 - Skye - TT] Pandemonium Unleashed

*Your entry has earned 11 XP*

skye1.jpg

Personal message from Grand Prince Serion to select commanders of the Imperial Triumvirate:

“The time has come! Commanders, We summon you to witness the maiden voyage and first weapons test of our magnificent vessel, the ISD Pandemonium! We would like you to be our guests at a ceremony that will make this vessel operational. Our target is a remote planet in the Marat system. The indiginous winged pests of Marat V, known as the S’kytri, have violated our treaty. They could expose our plans and must be dealt with. These are your orders: Assemble in orbit above Marat V, witness the majesty of Pandemonium, and await your orders!”

skye2.jpg

Some time after above Marat V

Lt. Traum: Sir! We’re orbiting the planet Marat V, and have successfully disrupted all communication offworld. We have an incoming transmission from the capital. Most life forms are concentrated around the capital region. Targeting the capital region now. All commanders have arrived in orbit, and are standing by.

Grand Prince Serion: Excellent! Continue with the operation. You may fire when ready.

skye3.jpg

///

Enough with the niceties... Classic Imperial Star Destroyer inspired by Dark Empire: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Conqueror_(superlaser)

See more detailed shots below:

Spoiler

isdp5.jpg

Support ships, from left to right: Mastodon cargo freighter, Imperial Cruiser, and modified DP20 frigate or Corellian Gunship...

isdp4.jpg

Another angle...

isdp6.jpg

Another look at the ISD Pandemonium...

isdp2.jpg

Facing the super laser...

isdp1.jpg

Rear shot...

8 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wasn't one of the player characters a Skytri? What do they make of the destruction of their homeworld?

That’s . . me . . 
You just nuked my planet. 
DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST megablocking NUKE MY PLANET?!

Do you have any idea how many plans I had? How many half-finished builds I was going to post once we had access to the sector?

Just . . . just . . . actually why?

12 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Personal message from Grand Prince Serion to select commanders of the Imperial Triumvirate:

“The time has come! Commanders, We summon you to witness the maiden voyage and first weapons test of our magnificent vessel, the ISD Pandemonium! We would like you to be our guests at a ceremony that will make this vessel operational. Our target is a remote planet in the Marat system. The indiginous winged pests of Marat V, known as the S’kytri, have violated our treaty. They could expose our plans and must be dealt with. These are your orders: Assemble in orbit above Marat V, witness the majesty of Pandemonium, and await your orders!”/

Okay it took me a minute to notice this, but . . are you serious? You’re destroying my character’s planet specifically because my character is trying to save it? ‘Violated our treaty’, huh? 

9 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

traitors will not be tolerated

If you wanted to make an example of traitors, I woulda thought Fnab would be a better candidate? He actually swore allegiance to the Triumvirate in the first place, then left and joined a different faction, taking a lot of his XP with him. 

I'm not inviting an attack, here. Just saying that if this is how the Triumvirate is going to be behaving, Fnab will be speaking a whole lot softer, and carrying much a bigger stick. 

10 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

If you wanted to make an example of traitors, I woulda thought Fnab would be a better candidate? He actually swore allegiance to the Triumvirate in the first place, then left and joined a different faction, taking a lot of his XP with him. 

I'm not inviting an attack, here. Just saying that if this is how the Triumvirate is going to be behaving, Fnab will be speaking a whole lot softer, and carrying much a bigger stick. 

No need for us to waste death star tech on that, we have Private Joka on your case :wink:

4 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

we have Private Joka on your case

Fnab gives a hearty laugh, before taking a stealthy swig of Tsiraki and hiring more bodyguards. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

13 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wasn't one of the player characters a Skytri? What do they make of the destruction of their homeworld?

We've only nuked the Spaceport Capital - to be continued... ;)

12 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Awesome build and nice to see a more ruthless move from the Faction - traitors will not be tolerated!

We are imperials after all... ;)

@Ross Fisher Now that you mention Fnab, he does ring a bell. This was not an attack on individual characters. Merely a strategic system in the Imperial Triumvirate's path. Could have been any planet or species for that matter.

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Fnab gives a hearty laugh, before taking a stealthy swig of Tsiraki and hiring more bodyguards. 

Ross I have not forgotten but there are bigger fish to fry...bigger ships to sabotage...

These are some great ships. But I have to say that planet destroying lasers starts to violate the spirit of the rules. We wouldn't allow a force-user wielding two lightsabers to ravage the galaxy. This starts to feel like a Faction using too much power. I'm glad you guys have worked things out as players. But I think all Factions need to refrain from out-right destroying planets. If you're destroying cities maybe just make it more clear that's what you're accomplishing.

18 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

These are some great ships. But I have to say that planet destroying lasers starts to violate the spirit of the rules. We wouldn't allow a force-user wielding two lightsabers to ravage the galaxy. This starts to feel like a Faction using too much power. I'm glad you guys have worked things out as players. But I think all Factions need to refrain from out-right destroying planets. If you're destroying cities maybe just make it more clear that's what you're accomplishing.

Thanks Josh!

I agree that planet/system destruction is taking it a bit too far. Just to make it clear, this entry depicts the destruction of a fictional capital city. That means that this entry will not have major implications on canon locations. If anything it just paints the Imperial Triumvirate as the nemesis the Empire was always meant to be... ;)

1 hour ago, diogo_branco said:

I think the turbo lasers look disproportionate to the ship, otherwise it looks pretty good.

Let's say that these are experimental heavy turbo lasers? ;)

Edited by Darth Bjorn

On 11/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, MKJoshA said:

We wouldn't allow a force-user wielding two lightsabers to ravage the galaxy.

Swoooob :cry3: you just destroyed my raison d'etre