As I have more time for building these days, I decided to replicate the new Scania R650 on 1/22 scale (Mack Anthem #42078 set scale). 

800x600.jpg

The goal was very simple: have a recognizable shape and manual functions.

It is in a very basic 4x2 configuration. It has a V8 and a HOG steering. For this one, I decided to abandon the working steering wheel because it gave poor results on my Volvo FH16. The cab can be tilted and the rear axle can be raised to give a nice rake (inspired by @mpj). This tractor unit can be used with any trailer compatible with the Mack Anthem.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I plan to make a 3D model for this.

I'd like to build something more complex with it (crane truck, timber truck, etc.) but I have no idea what. Ideas are more than welcome!

Looks cool :classic:

Perhaps something like this

(Image is to big, so I have posted a link) 

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Looks cool :classic:

Perhaps something like this

(Image is to big, so I have posted a link) 

Hmm, reminds me Scandinavian sliver-careers. Nice and authentic use for Scania truck!

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Hmm, reminds me Scandinavian sliver-careers. Nice and authentic use for Scania truck!

That model is in my mind since TLC introduced 68.7 x 27 tires on batmobile...

Additionally, if you want to make it more complex, it may add a lifetable tag axle (explicitly tag, not DAF's pusher axle). EU-North countries loves them they performs the best on icy and snowy roads.

2 hours ago, Void_S said:

Additionally, if you want to make it more complex, it may add a lifetable tag axle (explicitly tag, not DAF's pusher axle). EU-North countries loves them they performs the best on icy and snowy roads.

Yes that crossed my mind very often (powered by M-motor)

Very well done, there is more accuracy on the front fenders and other small details than mine. I like it!

Thanks guys! 

@I_Igor, what is it exactly? An ampliroll like truck with a rear steered lifting axle or a tandem lift axle (like Volvo)?

2 hours ago, mpj said:

Very well done, there is more accuracy on the front fenders and other small details than mine. I like it!

Putting more details was easier with no part limitation ;) and this time, I think I succeeded in not overdoing things. 

I tend to prefer yours though! 

Little update: the 3D model is done

The only concern I am facing is that I didn't find a way to connect the cab to the chassis (everything is OK in reality). I also didn't succeed in connecting the 2 U-joints inside the chassis...

800x441.jpg

Can someone who knows Stud.Io help me? Thanks :classic:

Edited by grego18f

6 hours ago, grego18f said:

Little update: the 3D model is done

The only concern I am facing is that I didn't find a way to connect the cab to the chassis (everything is OK in reality). I also didn't succeed in connecting the 2 U-joints inside the chassis...

800x441.jpg

Can someone who knows Stud.Io help me? Thanks :classic:

If the cab is a sub model, move the mouse on it, there is a symbol with 3 arrows which let you move the sub model manually by clicking on the wanted arrow = wanted direction.

Concerning the universal joint, if you need to modify the shape, you must import the single components instead of the complete part.

15 hours ago, mpj said:

If the cab is a sub model, move the mouse on it, there is a symbol with 3 arrows which let you move the sub model manually by clicking on the wanted arrow = wanted direction.

Concerning the universal joint, if you need to modify the shape, you must import the single components instead of the complete part.

Thank you, your tip was very helpful!

800x612.jpg

800x483.jpg