koalayummies

[MOC] Modular: Mediterranean Way

8 hours ago, SATSOK said:

.... speechless !!!

WELL DONE !!!

Thank you SATSOK!

7 hours ago, Aurore said:

Wonderful buildings. The walls have just enough texture, the vines are gorgeous, and both roofs look great. The interiors are very nice too - I really love the shape of the kitchen in the botanist and cartographer's house! And that city looks very lively!

Aw thanks Aurore! Relieved I hit a nice balance of detail inside and out.

6 hours ago, Brixtof said:

Gorgeous build! It's beautifuly pictured with a nice lighting.

I like the overall texture of the buildings with lots of details. Too bad the brackets 44728 doesn't come in dark green, the would've suit nicely for the shutters with the 1x2 sand green grille.

The climbing plants really adds realism and colors, the roof technic is neat. There are so many cool things that detailing them would be long and tedious.

Thanks for your sharing!

Thank you Brixtof! Yeah I can't wait until we get the brackets in more colors, any SNOT piece in a new color is just pure excitement and I'll likely change them out for the shutters. Thanks!

6 hours ago, BrickChampsCOM said:

Lovely build with fantastic details. And nice photography!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Morgoth924 said:

Wow! Just wow! :pir-thumb:

Heh, thanks!

52 minutes ago, Svendp said:

Wow, this is simply stunning. The two plumber look familiar :)

What pieces did you use for the tan building roof? I don't recognize them. 

Hooray, yeah they really like gaming, mushrooms (on their pizzas) and friendly dinosaurs among other things.

That is piece is Plate 1X1X2/3, Outside Bow Design 49307, the Nougat was only released this year and I jumped. 

6296061.jpg

Edited by koalayummies

17 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Hooray, yeah they really like gaming, mushrooms (on their pizzas) and friendly dinosaurs among other things.

That is piece is Plate 1X1X2/3, Outside Bow Design 49307, the Nougat was only released this year and I jumped. 

6296061.jpg

Thanks. I know what part to add to one of my next bricklink orders now :)

On 11/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, TwiceDeadTB said:

Even the brickbuild couch actually looks comfy, insane, I love it.

Thanks!

On 11/13/2020 at 2:35 AM, Svendp said:

Thanks. I know what part to add to one of my next bricklink orders now :)

It looks like it'll be coming out in Dark Stone Grey as well soon too.

-

Completely forgot to show the back of the building, not a whole lot going on but I always like seeing the whole thing:

50601784873_8253ca018b_z.jpg

50602642857_0213e1ea74_c.jpg

Nice model, but I'd go a bit lighter on the magenta plant parts. They stand out too much and I find them rather distracting.

Mylenium

That is a really cool build man! When I first saw it, it reminded me of my visit to "Cinque Terre" in Italy.

Beautiful Mediterranean architecture. My favourite details are the roofs, window shutters, and roof details. 

7 hours ago, Marinho said:

That is a really cool build man! When I first saw it, it reminded me of my visit to "Cinque Terre" in Italy.

Thank you Marinho! I actually googled and wikipedia'd a whole bunch of towns and villages along the western coast of Italy on the Tyrrhenian/Ligurian Seas and that aesthetic and style is exactly what I was going for. Glad its been captured to generate that feeling! That area is beautiful, that must have been an amazing trip.

58 minutes ago, Redhead1982 said:

Beautiful Mediterranean architecture. My favourite details are the roofs, window shutters, and roof details. 

Thanks Redhead1982! I really love that style of roof so its great to get some new pieces in Lego to build it multiple ways. That style is not something I'd ever see where I grew up so its particularly mesmerizing to me. 

Didn't notice the cracked sidewalk on Flickr - a really clever technique!  The interiors are amazing too, so much detail.  You put a lot of love into the photography and posing too, a real pleasure to scroll through!

Lovely designs, the choice and colour of the roof's is very well suited. The trailing plants are also very well done. Great job! :thumbup:

On 11/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a high attention to detail!
I like the different colors of the roof tiles :thumbup:
Very cool also the red car, I like the aggressive dashboard!

Thanks! I wanted to give the roof a more worn look as doing all the same piece was a little less realistic since that type of roof tile often has slight color variations between the tiles. Glad you like the car, I feel like the red got kind of blown out in the photos and lost subtle detail.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Great build! Love all the details and the colours!

Thanks Luke!

On 11/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Kai NRG said:

Didn't notice the cracked sidewalk on Flickr - a really clever technique!  The interiors are amazing too, so much detail.  You put a lot of love into the photography and posing too, a real pleasure to scroll through!

Thank you Kai! I used to prefer showing the buildings without figures until I realized the scene looks so dead without them. Its a bit of work to get some of the poses to balance properly so glad you appriciate the effort!

On 11/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, snaillad said:

Lovely designs, the choice and colour of the roof's is very well suited. The trailing plants are also very well done. Great job! :thumbup:

Thank you Saillad!

On 11/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, Itsasecret581 said:

Love the white building!

Thank you, I thought that was the weaker of the two designs so I'm relieved you like it!

On 11/23/2020 at 5:09 AM, jalemac34 said:

Superb work as always, the colors, the architecture, reminds me Corsica.....

Wondefull

Thank you Jalemac34! I love all of your builds; its nice to have great builders like a creation back.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:49 AM, koalayummies said:

WOW. Absolutely amazing 

Edited by Sphblmbrg

I keep coming back to this because it is really very nice. I love the ivy and flowers and the blue dishes under the arches are clever and look great. Colors are top notch. Do you have Flickr account?

Just now, gotoAndLego said:

I keep coming back to this because it is really very nice. I love the ivy and flowers and the blue dishes under the arches are clever and look great. Colors are top notch. Do you have Flickr account?

Thanks gotoAndLego! I tried a number of color combinations for the window awnings and planters and settled on the Azures as a compliment to the Nougat/Dark Orange roofing. And yes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144500331@N07

This is simply stunning. The buildings are exquisite. The imaginative little details in every scene and the fun in your storytelling is just delightful. I see others have suggested this should be an Ideas set - I agree!

On 12/19/2020 at 1:44 AM, Grahmicus said:

This is simply stunning. The buildings are exquisite. The imaginative little details in every scene and the fun in your storytelling is just delightful. I see others have suggested this should be an Ideas set - I agree!

Thank you very much Grahmicus! I would happily submit to Ideas but a lot of us aren't convinced they'd approve a modular building due to the existing theme so that's why I haven't. But I appriciate that you like it so much, thank you.

12 hours ago, Lord Blackadder said:

A simply marvelous masterpiece!!! Any chance on selling the build instructions?

Thanks Lord Blackadder! Selling instructions isn't really my thing and I don't build much digitally anymore so there's no quick way to produce them, BUT if you would like to reverse-engineer it from the pictures and build it for your own collection by all means. I'd be happy to help if you get caught up anywhere with additional photos. Its a pretty simple build with no really complicated SNOT techniques so I think it'd be pretty straightforward. Thanks again!