Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Pondering misfortunes...

Although Mophet had grown, and become a place of increased wealth, not all of its inhabitants had mastered the ability to hold on to money... Al-Khuraq'a had just bet a substantial part of his surprisingly profitable cheese-shop on the ostrich-races and the outcome had unfortunately not been what he had hoped for...he wandered anxiously around his study while trying to figure out how to explain this little misfortune to his wife...

50560328637_926e6a963c_c.jpg

Saw some amazing patterns by "the queen of cheese" Katie Walker and decided to try and make a little scene with some different mosaic patterns. I can assure you that making something like this fit within a certain border was tricky...making it stand in a window was...trickier...haha! Anyways, hope you like it ;) 

Very nice use of the cheese slopes.  The glass part is definitely the standout here especially against the tan wall.  

The stained glass window is pretty stunning.  I've done a few cheese windows in my time and know how much of a pain they are!  Lovely floor too, of course!

Great cheese slope placement in the window.  The pattern is very nice.  The floor looks like it belongs.  I usually give up and find a different technique, I guess I need to practice cheese slope mosaics.

That's a bunch of cheese slopes in the floor and the wall!  Love the window.  The gears on the wall look great, too.  I've been wanting to do a little with the cheese slope windows.  They look like a hassle to get up, but do they stay in place well once they're locked in by bricks or are they still delicate?  I'm wondering for transport purposes.  Great job with the furniture, too.  You have a lot of small details with the furniture pieces that look great in the overall picture.  I also like the texture in the wall with the use of those new 1x2 rounded corner plates.  Nice work!

Gorgeous mosaics! The window looks amazing - did you put a light behind it for the photo? I quite enjoy other little details too, such as the design of the bottle (very elegant) and the skeleton legs that hold the sink. 

The patterns are obviously lovely but he variety in tables looks very nice as well!

I can imagine there was a little bit of cursing while building/ taking pics! (Or am I the only one that dies that?)

Thanks a lot everyone! It was a bit of a pain to get everything to stay in place and I may have cursed once or twice...haha! The floor fits pretty nicely, the window is significantly more fragile...it's lit up from behind using my iphone which is hidden behind the window. Glad you guys liked it!

It is incredible! Such a beautiful wall and light. it mimic perfectly the light from outside coming throught the glass.

One of these days I'm going to do a cheese slope mosaic.  One of these days......
This is cool little vignette adde51.  Lighting the window from behind is great and I'm amazed a how well you were able to get all the triangles to fit inside those slopes!