Minifig scale, I wish I had more chrome but it is what it is. The piece it all stemmed from is 85940 85940.png and then the rest of the car just sort of worked itself out. I actually started making a random car stemming from this piece and then by accident discovered that there was one that had the exact same headlight configuration so I continued on with the 1961 Chrysler New Yorker.

50587982336_161e6fb279_c.jpgLego 1961 Chrysler New Yorker by legomanijak, on Flickr

50587979721_258c5b4d8b_c.jpgLego 1961 Chrysler New Yorker by legomanijak, on Flickr

50587981631_fddbc6f7d1_c.jpgLego 1961 Chrysler New Yorker by legomanijak, on Flickr

50587980631_395fc3281a_c.jpgLego 1961 Chrysler New Yorker by legomanijak, on Flickr

Edited by legomanijak

On 11/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, JintaiZ said:

The shaping is simply beautiful!

And the most challenging bit, thanks!

On 11/11/2020 at 1:53 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Ohhh I love this

Glad you do!

9 hours ago, tsi said:

beautiful!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, STHLM said:

Top notch!

Much obliged

I am usually not into cars or vehicles AT ALL but this is so compactly well designed that I would love to see instructions for this. The detail is captured so well within a small space that it feels comparable to a microscale build I normally try to do.

So the more I look at this the more I want one ... I can reverse engineer the front from looking at it but the rear end is getting me ... Are the fins simply resting in panels or are they attached ... I did notice the upside-down "rear quarter fender".

10 hours ago, jedisquidward said:

I am usually not into cars or vehicles AT ALL but this is so compactly well designed that I would love to see instructions for this. The detail is captured so well within a small space that it feels comparable to a microscale build I normally try to do.

I am afraid I don't make instructions, it's more fun making it on your own anyway :). Happy you like it so much! I guess anything can be considered microscale if you put in enough details.

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

So the more I look at this the more I want one ... I can reverse engineer the front from looking at it but the rear end is getting me ... Are the fins simply resting in panels or are they attached ... I did notice the upside-down "rear quarter fender".

The fins are attached (hint, 2 studs per fin). Most important of all, it's all legal. Good eye, indeed the "rear quarter fender" is upside down, as well as the rocker panel trim. Good luck with the rest :)

Edited by legomanijak

On 11/13/2020 at 8:27 AM, legomanijak said:

The fins are attached (hint, 2 studs per fin). Most important of all, it's all legal. Good eye, indeed the "rear quarter fender" is upside down, as well as the rocker panel trim. Good luck with the rest :)

Doh! ... I just realized how you connected it lmao ... Very creative indeed ... Love it once again!

On 11/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Perfect design despite the scale :thumbup:
Excellent details and impressive construction technique! :pir-huzzah2:

Much appreciated :grin:

19 hours ago, Reker1000000 said:

Very cool! Awesome shape in a small body!

Easier to achieve in Lego than in real life, thanks!