Celloguy

Classic Space LL-856 Hammerhead

LL-856 Hammerhead

LL-856 Hammerhead

LL-856 Hammerhead

LL-856 Hammerhead

LL-856 Hammerhead

The LL-856 Hammerhead was used by the Federation to measure the gravitational and magnetic fields of planets, moons, and planetesimals, revealing vital information about their sub surface structures, composition, and dynamics. The wide hammerhead fins, packed with delicate, encased sensors, facilitated extremely fine spacial resolution in all directions, unimpeded by the main body of the craft.

Very cool!  From the bottom it kinds looks like a trilobite.  Interesting to see those motorcycle parts used for greebling, too.

Stunning Classic Space MOC!  Loving the twin design.  Some really impressive building techniques bringing Classic Space to a modern era,  The detailing of the underside is also most impressive.  Nice crisp colorful photography shows off this amazing ship.  

Great build
Always like those kind of creations (also the 'classic' look with the blue)
Besides the shape, wich looks great, it also looks very creative. Especially the part of the engine.

I love the unorthodox detailing methods.. particularly the use of the bottom bits of those old technic beams.

The underside is magnificent. It's as though H.R. Giger were in charge of designing classic space.

This looks awesome!

Details are very nice and the shape reminds me of the Gungan sub of Star Wars.

Did you use motorcycle parts underneath the ship?

On 11/10/2020 at 6:13 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thanks so much!

On 11/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, deraven said:

Very cool!  From the bottom it kinds looks like a trilobite.  Interesting to see those motorcycle parts used for greebling, too.

Thanks! Yes, I love those retro parts - beautiful form!

On 11/11/2020 at 6:54 AM, Ragana9289 said:

Loocs amazing!

Cheers!

On 11/12/2020 at 8:08 AM, Sebosaure said:

There is a lot of work in this creation. Have you phases of building in picture, just to see the way you imagine it?

Thanks. No I didn't take any stages photos. Maybe I can do that on my next build.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:03 AM, WesternOutlaw said:

Stunning Classic Space MOC!  Loving the twin design.  Some really impressive building techniques bringing Classic Space to a modern era,  The detailing of the underside is also most impressive.  Nice crisp colorful photography shows off this amazing ship.  

Thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed it :)

On 11/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, mark6399 said:

Really nice work! Kind of reminds me of a space version of the old Stingrays subtheme!

Cheers! haha yeah! Didn't think of that, but you're right!

On 11/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, AlmightyArjen said:

Love it, has the vintage CS vibe all over it!

Thanks, man!

On 11/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, neonic said:

Great build
Always like those kind of creations (also the 'classic' look with the blue)
Besides the shape, wich looks great, it also looks very creative. Especially the part of the engine.

Thanks so much!

On 11/14/2020 at 8:05 AM, Greg the Gungan said:

great ı love classic space remakes loved it

Cheers!

On 11/15/2020 at 5:03 AM, arieben said:

I love the unorthodox detailing methods.. particularly the use of the bottom bits of those old technic beams.

The underside is magnificent. It's as though H.R. Giger were in charge of designing classic space.

Thank you! :)

On 11/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, sander1992 said:

This looks awesome!

Details are very nice and the shape reminds me of the Gungan sub of Star Wars.

Did you use motorcycle parts underneath the ship?

Hi, thanks! Yes that's right. motorcycle parts. :)

What I found inconceivable is that Lego would not even need too much effort, they could just have a look on flickr to get inspiration to produce, if required, brand new Space models or rebooted versions of the classic ones. Pure profit, no Disney fees to be paid and then applied to customers. Actually, for a fraction of the tax's expenses, they could buy the drawings from the moccers, so production costs could be reduced to the minimum.