Darnok

[Merrymas] Organising a BotBS Advent Calendar

Updated until now, my thanks to everybody so far!

7 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I can do 2. No problem!

Just in trouble finding ideas.... As always: the biggest obstacle :pir-laugh:

I've put you on the 19th, which is a good bit away from your first entry.

As for ideas: maybe think along the lines of "how would a pirate prepare for Christmas?", or "what is one of your characters up to right now with all the Merrymas buzz around?". Maybe a "christmas coloured" version of some other build? A pirate ship with appropriate decoration? Go wild! :pir-grin:

Oh yes - I was holding off to see what days were needed.  I can take Monday the 7th! 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Darnok, slot me in where ever you need a build.

Would you take the 24th? I'm pretty sure you'd come up with something amazing, ending the whole thing with a bang. :pir-classic:

Just now, Darnok said:

Would you take the 24th? I'm pretty sure you'd come up with something amazing, ending the whole thing with a bang. :pir-classic:

I'll try!

@Darnok

Awesome, just thinking about this thread yesterday! I don't mind what day I can do as I can build soon but preferably day 7 or more. I have a question though - when I've finished the build, do I post it straight away, or wait till the date? 

5 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

@Darnok

Awesome, just thinking about this thread yesterday! I don't mind what day I can do as I can build soon but preferably day 7 or more. I have a question though - when I've finished the build, do I post it straight away, or wait till the date? 

Please decide on a day yourself - there are still five days free to choose.

You would post your build a day in advance, also using a spoiler tag. That way everybody can "open the door" each day, and it remains a surprise until the last moment. At least that's the idea. :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Please decide on a day yourself - there are still five days free to choose.

You would post your build a day in advance, also using a spoiler tag. That way everybody can "open the door" each day, and it remains a surprise until the last moment. At least that's the idea. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks, I can do the 9th.

@Darnok I would love to commit however I have too much on my plate ... I've got two trains to finish and photograph and two buildings to test build and Instructions done.

Plus work is crazy right now ... We are running skeleton maintenance crews with full production

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Darnok I would love to commit however I have too much on my plate ... I've got two trains to finish and photograph and two buildings to test build and Instructions done.

Plus work is crazy right now ... We are running skeleton maintenance crews with full production

No worries - this is no activity contest!

Hopefully we can cheer you up a bit with this. Keep your head up, take care and stay safe! :pir-classic:

I may try to build something, but can't commit to anything as of now. If I get it done, consider it a back-up build :)

Any size restrictions? (min/max)

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

I may try to build something, but can't commit to anything as of now. If I get it done, consider it a back-up build :)

Do what you can, and don't stress if you can't "get it done in time". Any backup would be great to have, and you can always post something later outside of this project. :pir-classic:

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Any size restrictions? (min/max)

Not at all. It doesn't even have to be a build - a story would be appropriate. If it's a build: even something like the small microbuilds from the actual Lego Advent Calendars is fine - if it is good enough for Lego to sell, it is sure good enough for us!

Sorry, I'm not in the Christmas spirit. So, I have no idea and will not take part. Believe me, I really can't do it right now.

The main thread is up. I will post the first entry later tonight.

This thread will remain the place to be for all organisational issues. So if there are any questions, please post them here. There are still four days to be "filled". Remember that you can do pretty much whatever you want - be it writing, drawing, building or any combination of these, as long as it is in some way related to the BotBS world and Christmas/Merrymas season.

As a reminder: if you are unable to post your entry in time, please let me know as soon as possible! There is nothing shameful or wrong with life getting in the way of things - this is 2020 after all! - all I need for a replacement up is a bit of time though.

27 minutes ago, Darnok said:

As a reminder: if you are unable to post your entry in time, please let me know as soon as possible! There is nothing shameful or wrong with life getting in the way of things - this is 2020 after all! - all I need for a replacement up is a bit of time though.

I'll be getting my moc ready in time, but I do have one question - how do I make a spoiler tag? 

Edited by Count Vroskri

4 minutes ago, Count Vroskri said:

I do have one question - how do I make a spoiler tag? 

When writing your post, there is a line of symbols above the text field. The one showing a big eye opens a spoiler tag. Put all of your advent calendar post inside...

Spoiler

... like this. :pir-thumb:

See also this pic, the spoiler button is marked red:

EQi3Gds.jpg

Sorry for the double-post, but the post for December 1st is up now. Don't "open" it before it is actually December 1st for you though! :pir-wink:

I suggest everybody use that one as a template, so we can keep a consistent style throughout the whole thing.

It is @Fraunces for tomorrow!

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

When writing your post, there is a line of symbols above the text field. The one showing a big eye opens a spoiler tag. Put all of your advent calendar post inside...

Reveal hidden contents

... like this. :pir-thumb:

See also this pic, the spoiler button is marked red:

EQi3Gds.jpg

OK, probably because I'm using a phone. I'll try on a computer.

@Darnok JSYK I don't do anything LEGO related on Sunday's, so I would be posting my contribution as early as I can on Monday morning.  (Likely around 7 EST.)  If you would rather I post it the day before, feel free to switch me for some other day next week.

Just now, Kai NRG said:

@Darnok JSYK I don't do anything LEGO related on Sunday's, so I would be posting my contribution as early as I can on Monday morning.  (Likely around 7 EST.)  If you would rather I post it the day before, feel free to switch me for some other day next week.

Changing you to Tuesday the 8th then, with @Spud The Viking being one day earlier on the 7th instead. I hope this is okay for both of you.