Darnok

[Merrymas] Organising a BotBS Advent Calendar

Hello everybody, the festive season is almost upon us - despite retail telling me it already is since early September.

This one is kind of an experiment. The idea is to set up an advent calendar: each day somebody posts a little build and/or story related to Merrymas (being the Christmas equivalent in the BotBS world). Said post would go up on the previous day under a spoiler tag, so everybody else can "open the advent caledar door" the next day on his personal pace. All these posts would go into a dedicated thread of its own, where the daily posts are also collected (i.e. linked to) in the OP in style of an actual advent calendar. See here for an example of mine from two years ago.

If I got your interest, here is what you would have to do:

1. Come up with an idea for either a small scene or story centered around the Merrymas season in the BotBS world.
  2. Decide on a day(s) of the advent calendar you want to fill. Ideally we would have one person per day, you can volunteer for more than one day though.
  3. Do a build for it and/or illustrate it with a story - having something built to show is not a necessity though, if you prefer to write only that is fine as well! There is no size restriction on either the build or the story, anything more than a single minifig is suitable!
  4. Post it - in the advent calendar thread to be started late November - prior to your day of choice, ideally the day before. Post it all under a spoiler tag to hide it from initial view.
  5. Enjoy the Merrymas season!

This thread is for organising the whole thing, for all questions and general feedback. I would post the "main thread" for the actual advent calendar posts on the last weekend of November, in about three weeks from now. I will also do the first "door" (i.e. December 1st), as well as three emergency entries - so while you would be expected to post yours on time, there are failsafes built into this - we all know life happens, especially this year!

If you are interested: please let us know by posting in this thread, stating the day(s) you want to do. If you have an idea for something that takes more than one day - maybe a continued storyline or a set of builds around the same idea - please also say so here. That way we can organise it in a manner that doesn't come randomly.

Please check your personal calendar and schedule to make sure you can actually provide your build/story on the day of your choice.

This thread is also for all questions in advance, as well as emergency dropouts and what other stuff might come up during the process.

So without further ado, we need to fill the following list, one person per day:

1. Darnok
  2. Fraunces
  3. Ross Fisher
  4. Mesabi
  5. evancelt
  6. Brickwolf
  7. Spud The Viking
  8. Kai NRG
  9. Count Vroskri
  10. KotZ evancelt
  11. Brickwolf
  12. evancelt KotZ
  13. dr_spock
  14. Faladrin
  15. CapOnBOBS
  16. Bodi
  17. Khorne
  18. pombe
  19. Fraunces
  20. Professor Thaum
  21. Keymonus
  22. Legonaut
  23. Mesabi
  24. Ayrlego

It is not a requirement, the 24th could use something a bit bigger though. If you have an idea you would like to see on the 24th: make your voice heard!

Trying to raise some attention here: @Ayrlego @blackdeathgr @Bodi @Bregir @Brickwolf @CapOnBOBS @Captain Dee @Captain Genaro @Capt Wolf @Corweena @Count Vroskri @dr_spock @Elostirion @evancelt @Faladrin @Fraunces @gedren_y @Kai NRG @Keymonus @LM71Blackbird @Khorne @KotZ @Kwatchi @Legonaut @Legostone @Lord Buckethead @Maxim I @Mesabi @NOD @Pdaitabird @pombe @Professor Thaum @Puvel @Roadmonkeytj @Ross Fisher @SilentWolf @Sir Kingston @Sir Stig @Spud The Viking @The Neighborhood Merchant @TomSkippy @Wellesley

Edited by Darnok

I really like this initiative, especially these warring times (inside and outside of BOBS universe). I fully endorse it and hopefully so do my fellow Oleanders :pirate: . 

PS: @Darnok Hopefully no horses will be harmed during this initiative.

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

I can neither confirm nor deny any WTC Merrymas customs involving horse meat. All I can saying is that you just gave me some wonderful ideas, thank you very much! :devil_laugh:

Good idea, that's funny and I like it. If I have an idea what I can build, I will report back.

6 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very nice I can do a build for 2. Dezember!

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I'll do December 10th!

Nice, I have signed up both of you. Thank you, already looking forward what you are up to!

27 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Sign me up for whatever day. I'll do a mulled wine build. That's my thing!

I could sign you up randomly, but would rather not. I would feel much better if the choice was yours. Can you please give it some more thinking time and decide on (a) day(s) you are comfortable with?

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Great idea Darnok! Can you sign me up for Dec 5?

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Darnok in that case I'm happy to go with 3 December. I've got spare time on my hands right now. 

Done and done. Thank you!

I'll do the 4th and 23rd. 

15 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

No promises are made!

4 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Great idea! I'd like to be in, if possible later in the month (no specific day) :classic:

As with others: could you please choose a day? I'd rather not make a choice on anybody elses behalf. Maybe the 21st, which would be a Monday?

Edit: And done, thank you! :thumbup:

Edited by Darnok

44 minutes ago, Darnok said:

As with others: could you please choose a day? I'd rather not make a choice on anybody elses behalf. Maybe the 21st, which would be a Monday?

21st is OK for me, sorry!

As nearly all of my december is fulled with exams I think 22nd is the only realistic choice for me. 

If Nobody is found for the 24th (what I doubt) I could also jump in.

20 hours ago, Legonaut said:

As nearly all of my december is fulled with exams I think 22nd is the only realistic choice for me. 

If Nobody is found for the 24th (what I doubt) I could also jump in.

Signed you up for the 22nd. If anything goes wrong with your schedule in December: please let us know in advance. Life happens, things go wrong all the time, there is no shame in that. So just we get a warning in advance to react properly.

Also: best of luck with those exams. :pir-classic: