Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego Leopard 2A7V German MBT

Today I'll show you my new Leopard 2A7V German Main Battle Tank, a completely rebuilt and renewed version of my old model, more detailed and realistic. This is the latest updated version of the Leopard 2 German MBT series.

Leopard 2A7V: modernized version of Leopard 2A7 Main Battle Tanks (MBT), proposed to the Bundeswehr by Rheinmetal. The main armament of the Leopard 2A7V is L/55 120mm Rh 120 smoothbore gun, MG3A1 7.62x51mm caliber coaxial machine gun, 7.62mm MG3 machine gun mounted on loader hatch located on the left side of the roof turret. Eight 76mm smoke grenade discharger are mounted on each side of the turret. The hull has been modified to attach add-on armor elements. The standard armor can be fitted with additional modules to increase protection all-around the tank against anti-armor weapons. It's motorized with an MTU MB 873 Ka-501 liquid-cooled V12 twin-turbo diesel engine developing 1,479 hp. Includes a collective NRBC system, SOTAS-IP intercommunication system, PERI R17A3 commander’s panoramic sight with third-generation thermal-imaging system as well as UltraCaps in the turret and hull to optimize the onboard electrical system. This model also has a CROW System also equipped with ATGM missile launchers.

50576594982_8d74738b48_c.jpg

50576587342_170dd34a56_c.jpg

50575717578_8db42c33b0_c.jpg

50575725208_963b45aac5_c.jpg

Other images on my flickr!

27 minutes ago, WesternOutlaw said:

Excellent!  One impressive and imposing vehicle.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. I love building military vehicles, plus I'm a somewhat perfectionist guy and I always tend to make my creations as realistic as possible. I always tend to be updated on news on the military world and I always love to test myself with new challenges.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

Thank you very much too! Being passionate about military vehicles I could not fail to achieve one of the highest engineering levels in the world of armored vehicles, in the future obviously I will tend to always create new ones, as technology will allow to reach other goals.

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

Love the lines, so clean. The choice of engine cover is pretty cool too. 

Thank you too! As I said before, I tried to capture most of the features of the real vehicle in my model, aesthetics included. This also included the fully accessible and usable engine compartment :wink:

43 minutes ago, KRocans said:

The ATMG is the cherry on the cake! Love the design of your Leo! :)

Thank you! :thumbup: This creation represents a great evolution compared to the previous model, I tried to take care of the proportions and aesthetic lines, as well as the main features and other small details that make this tank perhaps one of my best works.

Great build, love the realism. How many tread links did you use in the end and do you have one pictures of the internal structure?

34 minutes ago, Glassjaw said:

Great build, love the realism. How many tread links did you use in the end and do you have one pictures of the internal structure?

Hi! Thank you very much for your compliments, I used around 70-80 tread links for every side of the tank, for the suspensions i used 2x32449 connected at one 10247 at the very bottom of the tank, each couple of 32449 is connected at two wheels, exception for one whell on every side, which is fixed. Unfortunately I don't have image of the inside structure. The internal structure is pretty simple: some plate as base, and bricks and plates mounted on them on right and left side, in such a way as to reach a height sufficient for the pilot and the engine to enter, and not to bother the tracks. On the top, I mounted other plates, and on top of them, a lot of tiles. The muzzle ot the tank is a bit more complicated: I used two 48336 and clips to obtain the correct angle. At the side of the tank, hooked to the upper plates of the hull, I mounted the side skirts using different brackets, in order to hide the gaps between the tracks and the plates above them, and hide the gaps that the nose creates when it is angled. Thje rear is made with simple game of brackets and some 87087 bricks. I hope I was helpful!

3 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Hi! Thank you very much for your compliments, I used around 70-80 tread links for every side of the tank, for the suspensions i used 2x32449 connected at one 10247 at the very bottom of the tank, each couple of 32449 is connected at two wheels, exception for one whell on every side, which is fixed. Unfortunately I don't have image of the inside structure. The internal structure is pretty simple: some plate as base, and bricks and plates mounted on them on right and left side, in such a way as to reach a height sufficient for the pilot and the engine to enter, and not to bother the tracks. On the top, I mounted other plates, and on top of them, a lot of tiles. The muzzle ot the tank is a bit more complicated: I used two 48336 and clips to obtain the correct angle. At the side of the tank, hooked to the upper plates of the hull, I mounted the side skirts using different brackets, in order to hide the gaps between the tracks and the plates above them, and hide the gaps that the nose creates when it is angled. Thje rear is made with simple game of brackets and some 87087 bricks. I hope I was helpful!

Very helpful thankyou!