It's been a long time, maybe even too long, since I posted a finished MOC. But here I am, posting again this now good old BMW i8 of mine. It has already seen some exhibitions and received some appreciation. So, let's hope that  it will receive some more in this audience ?
Enjoy!
Full gallery here at flickr.

50579540823_96f80758b5_c.jpg

50580269556_139f6b3842_c.jpg50580405227_9a57632972_c.jpg

1 minute ago, Mechbuilds said:

Could this be moved to the system section? While it's a good moc, it's not technic. 

The chapter also says "model team" and this is the scale of the model team series. Therefore I thought this was the right place. But... if there's a more appropriate chapter, then please - feel free to put this in the righteous place :)

Excellent build! The shaping on the door is simply beautiful :wub:

Wow, that is a seriously good looking car. Very smooth lines and an ingenuous door mechanism. To me however the front is off, it is too high I think for an i8. I first thought you mistyped and meant a M8. Here you can see it actually sits a bit lower than the wheel arches:

BMW_i8_Coupe-01.jpg

But to be honest, that is nitpicking. Very well done :wub:

2 hours ago, Rolic said:

The chapter also says "model team" and this is the scale of the model team series. Therefore I thought this was the right place. But... if there's a more appropriate chapter, then please - feel free to put this in the righteous place :)

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/179-lego-scale-modeling/

I think the chapter is misleading. But there is also a lego scale modeling chapter 

Instantly recognizable, very nice MOC.

But it definatelly belongs in the scale modelling Section of EB if you ask me.

14 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Instantly recognizable, very nice MOC.

But it definatelly belongs in the scale modelling Section of EB if you ask me.

But how can I move it there?

Since it is such a realistically modeled car, it indeed will fit better in the Scale modelling forum.
Will move it there.
Awesome model, btw :wink:

On 11/11/2020 at 2:41 AM, Milan said:

Since it is such a realistically modeled car, it indeed will fit better in the Scale modelling forum.
Will move it there.
Awesome model, btw :wink:

Thank you!

And... thank you :)

This is a brilliant model. While I can see point being made about some panels being offsets less than a brick in whichever direction might make a certain detail of the design more accurate, I can also see that changing something in one place would upset something else. In other words. This model is damn near perfect for the scale and I couldn't have done it better myself. Massive kudos from my side @Rolic.

Agree that the doors look great, and the function as well, amazing at this scale