RocketBoy

[R14 - Boranda - CS] Diplomats & Merchants

*Your entry has earned 2 XP*

SWFactions Figs | CFS Diplomats & Merchants

As parts of a larger understanding, the CFS member worlds have a lot of use for diplomacy and negotiation. Merchants hash out deals and create the flow of resources, Ambassadors battle in the courts of cruel regimes, and bodyguards keep them all free to do their jobs. 
With the intent of forming favorable connections, CFS-aligned diplomats are invited to the bustling world of Boranda for discussions with CorSec representatives. Nothing like a little nightlife to help discussions go smoothly.

Descriptions

Spoiler

Left to Right:

The Countess
– A wealthy widow from the Core Worlds, the Countess has taken up many altruistic causes, such as contributing funding to the CFS Migrant Relocation Program and the Freedom Fighters. She travels with her Neimodian Assistant and her Sephi head-of-security (Back Row).

Jawa Offworlder – The rare Jawa who mixes with higher society, this merchant scored big on Agamar, a win he leveraged to become a power broker.

K4-PO – K4 was born—or made—to be a diplomat. An older droid who has gained sentience over time, she has become independent of any organic master and now serves the CFS as an ambassador to Mid-Rim worlds. The cloak she wears is symbolic, a way of expressing that she is an individual equal to organics, not simply a machine. (Back Row)

Lan Honn – A rising Zabrak diplomat. Honn made a name for himself by leading negotiations on Kril’Dor after the Pyerce Insurrection. Following his success, he was hand-picked by Lord Bohani to join the talks on Iridionia, a political quagmire that may benefit from a fresh voice. Behind him stands his bodyguard; the dangerous bounty hunter Esno Bo’Barbi (Back Row), who was once a friend of his father’s.

Pok-Mok – After the genocide of their race by the Empire, the Genosians were given a sanctuary world in the CFS to repopulate their species. Pok-Mok represents the plight of his people to the larger galaxy with a crafty mind and a quick word.

The War Hero – Everyone loves a hero. This warrior took part in several major battles against the Empire but has retired to take up a career in a different sort of peacekeeping. Hailing from the Colonies and not impressed by the fledgling New Republic, she serves as an ambassador to the Outer Rim for other CFS member worlds. Her husband, an aristocratic Iktotchi swordmaster, is never far from her side. Tired of his family fortune, he travels as his wife’s personal assistant and head-of-security.

Thanks for looking!

Really cool figbarf and great background stories... I don't know if it qualifies as a 'build' entry, since theres not a lot of building involved, you could get around this by making a simple base or brick-built backdrop... ;)

12 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Really cool figbarf and great background stories... I don't know if it qualifies as a 'build' entry, since theres not a lot of building involved, you could get around this by making a simple base or brick-built backdrop... ;)

For the sake of argument, putting together those figures took a lot of time and energy. I think they could qualify as a "build" to score, since they're Lego arranged in a specific way that took creative effort. But I'll remove them from scoring if need be. (To be clear, I wouldn't make the same argument for a Figbarf that made no attempt at providing context, like I did with the props, background, and stories for each character and the build as a whole.)

Edited by RocketBoy

4 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

For the sake of argument, putting together those figures took a lot of time and energy. I think they could qualify as a "build" to score, since they're Lego arranged in a specific way that took creative effort. But I'll remove them from scoring if need be. (To be clear, I wouldn't make the same argument for a Figbarf that made no attempt at providing context, like I did with the props, background, and stories for each character and the build as a whole.)

No no - you shouldn’t remove it. You are right - building figs and props counts as building, and I can tell a lot of creativity and work went into the figs. Just saying that a brick-built scenery might elevate the entire entry... :wink:

A really nice set of characters, the background and props connect this really well - the figures have a diverse range of styles and colours but they still definitely feel like part of one group!

On 11/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

A really nice set of characters, the background and props connect this really well - the figures have a diverse range of styles and colours but they still definitely feel like part of one group!

Thanks a ton! It's always important to me for Figbarfs that the characters seem to fit together, so I'm glad I apparently succeeded with this one!

Some cool combo here. If I'm nitpicky I'd say the blue pants on the Zabrak don't seem to match the rest of the outfit.