Sign in to follow this  
legotownlinz

Bluebrixx announces R56 and R72 curves

I think I'd still prefer ordering from Trixbrix and the others - while I have to admit that the buildings BB put out look alright or nice even, I can't and don't want to ignore the continous copyright-stuff and MOC-stealing going on - I mean, you can cleary identify a Gundam in the background, and I doubt it is licensed by Bandai. Pretty sure the tracks we are used to are of higher quality, also a lot of development went into those. 

1 hour ago, Amoreternum said:

I think I'd still prefer ordering from Trixbrix and the others - while I have to admit that the buildings BB put out look alright or nice even, I can't and don't want to ignore the continous copyright-stuff and MOC-stealing going on - I mean, you can cleary identify a Gundam in the background, and I doubt it is licensed by Bandai. Pretty sure the tracks we are used to are of higher quality, also a lot of development went into those. 

Trixbrix curves are 3D printed while the Bluebrixx ones will certainly be molded. Bluebrixx never made their own molds so far, I wonder who is the supplier of these tracks.

The new straights are molded as well, and I guess sooner or later Trixbrix will switch to that for all they offer. But on the supllier of the BB tracks, I am curious as well, chinese is for certain though I'd say.

A little late to the game... no?

If they had led with switches, I’d probably be more interested.

Plus, I hear that BB’s clutch-power is ... low

2 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

A little late to the game... no?

If they had led with switches, I’d probably be more interested.

Most BlueBrixx parts are from Lele, these tracks appear to be done in-house by themselves.

We'll just have to wait and see how good they are or not.

Edited by dtomsen

1 hour ago, M_slug357 said:

I read somewhere that most of the Bluebrixx parts are made by Xingbao. The clutch power of my Xingbao sets varies, sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less than Lego's. Only few bricks are unusable.

But the track could be made by some other manufacturer.

13 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

I read somewhere that most of the Bluebrixx parts are made by Xingbao. The clutch power of my Xingbao sets varies, sometimes it is more, sometimes it is less than Lego's. Only few bricks are unusable.

But the track could be made by some other manufacturer.

Nope, most parts are from Lele.

Xingbao get their parts from Gobricks which supposedly are better quality.

My train window frames from BlueBrixx are almost exactly the same quality as genuine ones with identical clutch-power though.

They are much much cheaper than on the secondary markets (due to being long out of production) or in otherwise unavailable colors like Dark Red, Dark Green etc. 

Edited by dtomsen