Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Pirate vs. Islander: Rematch

Achu has killed Kahuka and now rules the tribe.

2558127437_c5e1849341.jpg

:pir-blush:

Achu has killed Kahuka and now rules the tribe.

pirates.jpg_thumb.jpg

:pir-blush:

Nice. I feel sorry for the pirates though. At least they have the decency (spell check?) to give their opponents a quick, near painless death. Stupid islanders, dropping people into the alligator filled river.

Awesome scenery SlyOwl!

This really makes me think of the bridge scene in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. You know, when the crodcodiles are eating the villains clothes.

I do think putting the snakes' heads in the minifigs body would look better though. It looks like there are actual snakes coming out of him right now. :pir-grin:

Just love the plates for alligator backs!

A very neat scenery with a nice landscaping, although the mix of horizontal and vertical elements on that cliff looks a

little strange, somehow, although it´s pretty smart, too. :pir-classic:

Edited by Asuka

Very nice work! Good fig placement and use of minifig expressions. I like how you've used studs up for the grass and dirt (I don't like when people use SNOT for these) but a smooth cliff-face. The crocs are well done too. The way you've put the rocks on the cliff-face is what makes the MOC for me, it's very well detailed. The jungle is well constructed too.

Overall it's a great MOC with little else to add, but I don't understand the use of the dark-red plate at the top right of the cliffs? :pir-tongue:

Thanks! Pirate vs. Islander Round 3 coming right up!

This really makes me think of the bridge scene in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom. You know, when the crodcodiles are eating the villains clothes.

I do think putting the snakes' heads in the minifigs body would look better though. It looks like there are actual snakes coming out of him right now. :pir-grin:

Yes, I considered resuing it to make that scene for the E-Klocki contest, only I don't own any Indy :pir-cry_sad: As for snakes, if I'd put the heads into the body, I would only have been able to fit two, and I wanted GORE! :pir-laugh:

I don't understand the use of the dark-red plate at the top right of the cliffs? :pir-tongue:

Oh noes, it has sneaked in! I try to use brown, light brown and dark brown/reddy brown together to give texture, although I guess just a speck doesn't work. :pir-look:

It looks like this MOC is moving, the action is very convincing.

Like we've come to expect from you, this is again a superb MOC.

I like in particular that palm tree on the right.

Nice re-edition of your Pirate VS Islander! :pir-wink:

I specially like the way you did the crocodiles and that poor sailor being eated... :pir-sick::pir-sweet:

But, is Kahuka really... dead? :pir-cry_sad:

I really admire some users for creating excellent, detailed MOCs like this :pir-blush:

I've made semi-decent MOCs in my times, but never ones this creative :pir-tongue:

And I feel bad with that pirate with his innards being eaten by the crocodile...