NerdYoda

[MOC][REBRiCK] Star Wars MOC11827 Working Platform on Hoth

Hello everyone,

it's me again with a current Rebrick of the Mocers G-Vortex. Today with the "Working Platform for UCS Hoth Base" (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11827/G-Vortex/working-platform-for-ucs-hoth-base/#comments). It was clear to me right from the start that this can't be the size of a real UCS version (see photos). In this respect I find the name a bit misleading. But the platform fits perfectly to my model of the Snowspeeder (75049) and into the showcase behind the starfighters. Therefore I decided to order the bricks and build it myself.

All in all a nice MOC, with a very pleasant construction. Especially the struts, on which the platform rests, are in my opinion extremely well done and an absolute eye-catcher. I also decided to use light grey parts instead of the dark grey parts for the railing. Somehow I like it better this way. I also used ladders on both sides instead of only on one side (as described in the manual), because I have a preference for symmetry.

A few key facts about the MOC

• Parts: 231
  • Construction time: approx. 30 minutes
  • Costs: 22 - 25 EUR

50568947628_13d5942a40_c.jpg50568947373_82fbfff49e_c.jpg50568947543_efc48da2e4_c.jpg

Thank you. A nice build indeed. And a nice way to present a part of my minifigures in a different way, or to equip a hangar on Hoth.

Nice i am going to build it too. But it means i need a second snowspeeder because the one I have is out in battle against the AT-AT

instead of putting a snowspeeder, is it large enough to slide a x-wing or y-wing under it ? or is it too low too ?

I guess it could be enlarged in width and height ?

@macaron35 it's not high enough for an X-Wing or Y-Wing by default. But it's pretty easy to use the build technique of the struts to double their  length. Requires only all parts of the struts again. As soon as done so, it will fit an X-Wing below the walkway.

The with has to me enlarged by 8 nubs, which indeed is quite easy as well.

Edited by NerdYoda