Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

17 hours ago, Lego David said:

I don't really have that much money to spend on LEGO at the moment, so I'd probably only be aiming for The Iron Bull Tank or (maybe) Sandy's Speedboat. I am not too thrilled by either of those two sets outside of the figures, but I wanna purchase at least one Monkie Kid set before the line retires and becomes impossible to afford on the aftermarket.

which figures, because some you can buy on bricks and pieces. (I bought the twins and the Spider Queen because I didn't like the sets they were in.)

Yesterday I went out to the Lego store and picked up the White Dragon Horse Jet! It's such a great build. Having it in hand, I love how all three positions for the wings look great, ranging from straight horizontal which most resembles an actual jet to a steep 45Ā° angle for each wing which feels reminiscent of something out of Star Fox.

I don't think there's any sort of Monkie Kid wishlist topic yet? I'd still love to see Mei get a mech at some point. In the show she consistently scores higher than MK at the "Monkey Mech" fighting game, where she plays as a White Dragon Horse-themed mech, and in the Season 1 finale she got a chance to pilot the actual Monkey King mech while MK faced off with DBK. It'd be awesome to see a mech of her own appear as a set in the future, especially if it can maintain the kind of amazing shaping and detailing that her jet has!

I heard that the entire Monkey Kid series won't hit retail in Germany and only be available at Lego.com which is kinda bad since retail often has big Discounts and they are kinda pricey

19 hours ago, Padlix said:

I heard that the entire Monkey Kid series won't hit retail in Germany and only be available at Lego.com which is kinda bad since retail often has big Discounts and they are kinda pricey

None of the Monkey kid sets were retail only at lego.com or official lego stores.Ā Ā 

On 4/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, zoth33 said:

None of the Monkey kid sets were retail only at lego.com or official lego stores.Ā Ā 

We have them at a few retail stores here in Australia. That might be because weā€™re part Asia Pacific though.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Are they going to be more sets this year or that's it for 2021?

Id think it would follow the same as last year, with a smaller wave based on the 3rd season coming in august.

2 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Id think it would follow the same as last year, with a smaller wave based on the 3rd season coming in august.

That's what I though but there hasn't been any leaks regarding another wave untill now.Ā 

Edited by LOTR34

On 4/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

If there's an August wave (I expect there will be, and the lack of leaks is not too unusual for this theme given its exclusivity), the sets will probably have more to do with the remainder of Season 2 than with a third season. Remember, last year's August sets tied in with some of the post-pilot Season 1 episodes, so any fall sets this year will likely still be included in the rest of the current season.

Among other things, I hope that the big spider minion from the pilot also appears in the summer sets as a bigfig (though I'm a little less certain that he will given the fact that he goes unnamed in the credits of the Lunar New Year special). I also hope that Tang and Mei with her new helmet appear in some smaller sets, given that both are currently exclusive to the expensive Dronecopter.

On that note, I'd really love to know why Mei's helmet wasn't included in the smaller jet set... it seems like it would've been easy to include there and is too minor to feel like it was reserved for being a "selling point" for the Dronecopter, especially since that set is already generous with its features and figs. Maybe a motorcycle-style helmet was just deemed unnecessary for a set with an enclosed cockpit like that? Don't get me wrong, the jet is a fine set, but it would've been nice if it allowed Mei to appear both helmeted and helmetless.

Can someone who has built FFM do me a quick favour and confirm exact vsĀ official dimensions for shelf? LEGO usesĀ that unhelpful phraseĀ ā€œmeasuring at overā€¦ā€.

Width and depth the only measurements that matter as working up custom shelf.

Thanks!

Edited by Lucarex

22 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Can someone who has built FFM do me a quick favour and confirm exact vsĀ official dimensions for shelf? LEGO usesĀ that unhelpful phraseĀ ā€œmeasuring at overā€¦ā€.

Width and depth the only measurements that matter as working up custom shelf.

Thanks!

Anyone?Ā 

This is inĀ an article from Brick Fanatic :Ā Ā 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit MountainĀ is an incredibly wide set, demanding 68cm of real estate along the horizontal axis. It fares well in other dimensions, too, coming in at 34cm tall and 25cm deep.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

6 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

This is inĀ an article from Brick Fanatic :Ā Ā 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit MountainĀ is an incredibly wide set, demanding 68cm of real estate along the horizontal axis. It fares well in other dimensions, too, coming in at 34cm tall and 25cm deep.

Thanks but as I said those specs are on S@H except with the word ā€œoverā€ included, so I wanted a real life check.

A new minifig has leaked, looks like the guy working in last yearā€™sĀ panda-themed store got demoted from cashier to mascotĀ :laugh:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new minifig has leaked, looks like the guy working in last yearā€™sĀ panda-themed store got demoted from cashier to mascotĀ :laugh:

maybe theres a panda mech involved with him

Ā 

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

maybe theres a panda mech involved with him

Ā 

It's quite possible! There was something like that in a recent episode of the show!

Screen_Shot_2021-05-15_at_3.58.22_PM.png

To be honest, I wasn't necessarily expecting it (or the Pigsy mech/tank it almost faced down with) as a set, but if this panda mascot from the same episode is going to be an actual fig, then maybe it will be a set after all!

The Monkie Kid sets, even the newest ones, are 20-25% off at my local Lego store.Ā  I appreciate the bargains (I'm piling up bull clones for a minotaur spaceship idea)Ā but it makes me a little worried about how well the theme is selling here in the US.Ā  I hope my worry is misplaced.Ā  Please, please don't kill off this theme, Lego...you already ended my beloved Nexo Knights and Hidden Side...don't take Monkie Kid away from me too!

On 5/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, Grey Magistrate said:

The Monkie Kid sets, even the newest ones, are 20-25% off at my local Lego store.Ā  I appreciate the bargains (I'm piling up bull clones for a minotaur spaceship idea)Ā but it makes me a little worried about how well the theme is selling here in the US.Ā  I hope my worry is misplaced.Ā  Please, please don't kill off this theme, Lego...you already ended my beloved Nexo Knights and Hidden Side...don't take Monkie Kid away from me too!

Regardless of how itā€™s doing in the us currently (which will likely change majorly once the show makes its way over here, whateverā€™s taking that so long...) itā€™s doing VERY well in China. The theme is here to stay for now.

as for the panda guy, Iā€™m assuming the set will be pigsys mech with a few of the panda shop characters and some kind of side build, given how unique the design of pigsys mech is I would imagine it will show up again at some point in the show and justify itself as a set the same way the cloud roadster had a few appearances last season.Ā 

On 5/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, Grey Magistrate said:

Where are you? LEGO store in Boston had no such discount, sadly.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, RichardGoring said:

Where are you? LEGO store in Boston had no such discount, sadly.

I'm in northern Virginia.Ā  Maybe it's a localized discount.Ā  I ought to stock up before they sell out!

12 hours ago, Grey Magistrate said:

I'm in northern Virginia.Ā  Maybe it's a localized discount.Ā  I ought to stock up before they sell out!

Oh dang, Potomac Mills or Tyson's Corner? I'm also in Virginia and there's a few of the sets I haven't gotten that a discount would definitely make worthwhile.