Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Some sort of...... evil (?) version of Monkey King minifigure leaked.

I think this might actually be a new variant of the Macaque (the antagonist to the Monkey King that came in the Flower Fruit Mountain set). 

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

I think this might actually be a new variant of the Macaque (the antagonist to the Monkey King that came in the Flower Fruit Mountain set). 

Honestly I think its gonna be his shadow minions he uses a lot. in the show they are quite dark and Macaque likes to have some style. Going by the face(which is pretty plain), the torso (1 sash across bare chest with a symbol, seems like an army builder style of fig) and the black legs (they may not have been revealed yet) plus the fact there's 2, I think this is just his shadow minions he uses. 

Lego starts manufacturing sets 3 months before release so seeing these leaked minifigures at this time confirm these sets will release before March.

I have made a new thread: 

There is a pic of a new monkey kid set on IG.  It has 2 of the evil monkeys in it so it's probably not Macaque, but maybe his army of minions.  The set looks really good and has a minifig version of Sandy and a robot version of mo the cat.  It has a great design and some interesting parts.  

Edited by zoth33

6 hours ago, zoth33 said:

There is a pic of a new monkey kid set on IG.  It has 2 of the evil monkeys in it so it's probably not Macaque, but maybe his army of minions.  The set looks really good and has a minifig version of Sandy and a robot version of mo the cat.  It has a great design and some interesting parts.  

Maybe that’s Sandy’s less bulky twin brother?:tongue: 

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Maybe that’s Sandy’s less bulky twin brother?:tongue: 

Maybe:head_back:.  I am really interested to see the rest of the wave now.  

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Maybe:head_back:.  I am really interested to see the rest of the wave now.  

Yeah same . . I really hope it’s not all space stuff though. The finale of last season said that this season would be Journey to the West, not Journey to the Moon. 

I am freaking out, the stuff leaking out looks so good!! Octan showing up in this line makes me wonder if they're gonna include more little fun callbacks to past LEGO like that too.

set pictures soon, the listings are up on lego.com in the instructions database

set names: 

evil macaque mech

chang'e moon cake factory

city of lanterns 

meis dragon car

MK staff creations. 

sounds pretty freaking cool, gonna need to get the 2022 thread running now!

edit: 

more names:

nezahs fire ring?

galactic explorer

edit 2: never mind, the thread already exists. ignore this!

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Wow! City of Lanterns. What a set! First....chopsticks?! There’s so much going on here it’s hard to focus at first. The tram is fun & all of those shops are fantastic. Ironic that they put in a LEGO store though, as (at least in my case) none of the stores have this theme. Maybe this set will show up though. 

The other sets look fun as well. Loving all the new prints for the minifigs & the new rides. That bunny mech is so weird it’s great. 

I'm so excited by the leaks. 

I loved the small little side build buildings in the original wave and have been disappointed ever since when all the other waves were all just vehicles. I always thought a modular style series could top Ninjago City and well I think the leaks do.

If i would have a ninjago city, i would definitely add city of lanterns into it. 
and the robo-bunnynoid look terrific as well. I even like the spacesuits. This wave doesn’t disappoint at all. 

Just my opinion… the City of Lanterns looks really nice but the comparisons to the Ninjago City sets are going to stop once people start building this and actually putting it next to their Ninjagos.  Those are some of the greatest sets ever made, with tremendous scale, absurd parts usage, clever mechanisms built into the sets, etc and City of Lanterns - while very colorful and eye catching - just doesn’t look like it’s on their level at all.  Unfair to this set to even make the comparisons.

Noticed another new part today while building Nezha's Fire Ring digitally... a 1x2x2/3 brick with studs on two sides in Trans. Bright Orange, used to attach the two halves of the wheel together. Mildly interesting as a SNOT brick but even moreso in a transparent color.

1 hour ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

Just my opinion… the City of Lanterns looks really nice but the comparisons to the Ninjago City sets are going to stop once people start building this and actually putting it next to their Ninjagos.  Those are some of the greatest sets ever made, with tremendous scale, absurd parts usage, clever mechanisms built into the sets, etc and City of Lanterns - while very colorful and eye catching - just doesn’t look like it’s on their level at all.  Unfair to this set to even make the comparisons.

I agree...and disagree. The scale of this compared to NC sets is no contest. Lanterns doesn’t even have full buildings. And the depth NC sets have is fantastic. By that I mean the deep history & fullness of it being a city. 

Now, to where I disagree. I think it’ll work because like NC it’s a bit haphazard & “messy.” I put the building from the Warrior Mech in with my NC sets & it fits in quite well I think. 

I actually think it would fit great. Obviously with many modifications and some kind of closed back. I don't nor will I ever own any modular set. But this makes me wish I'd have my own Lego room. You could build some kind of garage under the area and modify the roaler coaster thing to go around several buildings. Well I can dream :pir_laugh2:

Well, I haven't cared about Monkie Kid at all yet, and don't really love its aesthetics as a theme, but I do really like Chang’e Moon Cake Factory. Basically a perfect Classic Space set but with a whimsical rabbit theme. I can't not like it.

Edited by danth

Reviews are popping up! Several sites and YouTube channels have reviews of the City of Lanterns, and at least one YouTube channel has a review of the Macaque mech (confirming my suspicion about the new joint piece, among other things).

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Reviews are popping up! Several sites and YouTube channels have reviews of the City of Lanterns, and at least one YouTube channel has a review of the Macaque mech (confirming my suspicion about the new joint piece, among other things).

Ah, I thought the Macaque Mech's arms & legs looked too big for the normal clicky joints so I was wondering what was going on there. Might be super useful if they're strong and compact.

The weird new hairpiece that leaked a week ago ended up being from Friends...

It appears in black 

Edited by Robert8

New monkie kid set leaked, appears to be the source of the blue diving apparatus in the city of lanterns set. Its a small poly bag underwater scene, with the staff on the sea floor and MK on a sub-scooter. pretty cool!

12 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

New monkie kid set leaked, appears to be the source of the blue diving apparatus in the city of lanterns set. Its a small poly bag underwater scene, with the staff on the sea floor and MK on a sub-scooter. pretty cool!

I really like that little polybag (though it's probably better to discuss in the 2022 topic)! It's neat to not only get a new setting even in a set that small, but one that thematically ties in with Journey to the West (since Monkey King first obtained his staff from the undersea palace of the Dragon King of the East Sea).

40 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I really like that little polybag (though it's probably better to discuss in the 2022 topic)! It's neat to not only get a new setting even in a set that small, but one that thematically ties in with Journey to the West (since Monkey King first obtained his staff from the undersea palace of the Dragon King of the East Sea).

Huh, maybe that’s how they get the new staff then… would be weird to explain a plot point so important via a polybag, but it Kinda makes sense.