Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

1 hour ago, admiral_typhoon said:

A bigfig mech! That's a first.

True, Nexo Knights had a Minifig inside a Battle Suit inside a Mech though :thumbup:

As for the sets, really seems the wackyness of Nexo Knights and Chima is here but turned up to another level.

Edited by TeriXeri

That looks huge, and glows in the dark, I bet it looks crazy at night.

The overall shape and colors reminds me of a Sha from Warcraft (and the Sha were in a Panda/Chinese themed expansion so that makes sense).

Edited by TeriXeri

In all seriousness, I think I’d like to see it in final pics before judging it. At the moment, just because of the lighting and the way this picture is taken, I’m quite divided. It looks skeletal, which I know is what they where going for, but in the show it’s much more built up and looks like a proper mech. This looks skeletal for the wrong reason, it looks like lots of technic and weird spikes. I like the mid monkie mech though.

I’m also surprised the king isn’t in this as well, he plays a major part in the end of the episode this shows up in (no spoilers, but holy crap it was amazing)

It almost looks like a reskin of the iron doom, although this is probably going to look wildly different once it’s in final pics. I don’t know, it’s just the stance, the single head, and 2 swords. It all looks like a replica.

Is the wave only three sets? I was expecting more but I don’t quite remember why. 

Sandy Mech is pretty cool, and Pigsy’s noodle tank is neat but not for me. And the Bone Demon Mech . . uh . . what exactly am I looking at? It certainly seems interesting (and I love me a LEGO Kaiju) but I’m going to wait for better pictures before passing judgement.

1414falconfan has shared better images of the Monkie Kid sets and one weird thing about the Bone Demon mech is that it doesn't seem to have proper legs, just these tiny spider legs and then a really long body with four arms. I really hope there's not a long wait to see HD pictures of these! 

Let's go! It's interesting to see that it's all mechs so far, but I'm happy! Pigsy's mech tank looks fun, with the soup bowl body and food based weaponry (like the carrot rocket!), but I'm not really that interested honestly. That sandy mech, however, count me in! I knew monkie kid would be the first theme to make a big fig vehicle that actually encloses the big fig, and making it a mech makes it even better! I love the fist punching feature and the large version of his weapon looks great. That's a must buy for me! The white bone demon mech looks stunning too, really creepy and I love the amount of glow in the dark. The minions look awesome, and it's interesting to note that the marvel mech template is being used outside of Marvel for monkie kid's mech here. I love that mech design, so I wonder where we will see it next...

Also, the guy who found them posted euro prices for the Sandy and Pigsy set.

Sandy's is 44.99€, same as the demon bull tank last year.

Pigsy's is 49.99€, same as last year's cloud jet.

If that's the actual price for these, then I'm happy!

Edit: looking further at Sandy's mech, Mo has sunglasses and a good chain necklace on, hilarious!

Edited by NetherCreeper

The bone mech looks rather interesting, I wonder about the price though. 

The two goons have the new hood piece. 

Edited by LOTR34

That bone mech looks wild!

Sandy's mech reminds me of Overwatch

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Is the wave only three sets?

I'm pretty sure that's not all. There's a missing set number (80027) between mech and Pigsy's tank. And they wouldn't do something like this. Plus these sets are releasing in July. I bet other sets are coming in August, just like last summer second wave did

After looking at the better pics from promobricks, that demon bone mech doesn’t do it for me. It’s too much off a mess, I can’t really make anything out. Will judge when we get HD pics but at the moment, not a fan.

The Bone Mech is definitely the stand-out for me. It does look a bit odd in some spots but overall I think it's great based on what I've seen. I also like Sandy's Mech, though I probably won't pick it up.

I like the minifigs that come with the bone mech. They'll fit in with my Hidden Side ghosts.  And yay! Another Tang minifig!  :grin:

Today we'll probably get HD pics of the sets (I think so because they were uploaded to instruction page, but without pics). Also, it looks like Bone Demon (name of the mech) can be transformed into something else

5 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Today we'll probably get HD pics of the sets (I think so because they were uploaded to instruction page, but without pics). Also, it looks like Bone Demon (name of the mech) can be transformed into something else

In the show it first showed up as a massive scorpion mech. Damn I would love if it could transform but I think the legs are too small. I think thats my problem with it, it looks far too top heavy. If you can, go see it in the show. Its season 2 episode 10. It looks way more defined, and the legs are huge, it actually looks like it could be supported on its own, whilst the sets legs look far too spindly and small. For me, it looks too top heavy, spindly and messy. but hey, I'll wait to see the final pics. 

Sets are now up on Lego.com, bone mech does transform into a rather small scorpion, now the small legs make sense. Looks pretty good, still waiting for the power loader pics. The tank looks pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Ah thanks, the set wasn’t up on the UK page. Mech looks alright, but damn the bone mech actually looks good. If you want to simulate the scene from the show, the mini monkie mech polybag would fit in scale with the demon scorpion.

Not feeling too good about the UK price now, for some reason the price in euros was 45 for the mech and 50 euros for the noodle tank in Germany, but the UK it’s 45 pounds for the noodle tank and 55 pounds for the power loader mech. Not happy with that. But that’s going off what promobricks payed for the 2 sets in the German store yesterday. The bone mech is a stable 90 pounds.

I thought there were Light Aqua parts, but they are Glow White. Lots of good stuff for fantasy builds. I could probably make most of a ghost ship with just these parts.

Sandy's mech I have no use for, and surprise, a render build mistake in an official image (again). Pigsy's tank is a bit more useful, but I may just see if the parts I want become available on B&P.

Very cool the Bone mech can be turned into a "base" of sorts.

But the theme lacking discounts plays a role for me, despite the PPP being not too bad. (and I already have a lot of Nexo Knight vehicles so my focus is mostly on Locations)

Still looking forward for the theme's development over time, as so far it's pretty unique.

Edited by TeriXeri

Ok I wasn’t sold on the bone mech before, but the fact that if you don’t combine it you have 2 location elements (one seems to include bone spirit’s prison from season 1 even), 2 or possibly 3 mini mech spiders, and the rather sizable scorpion, plus mk having a mech and a cloud board and Mei having a jet pack, AND all the figs but Mei are exclusive (mk has a new torso print)...

yeah it’s a day 1 buy for me. I think I’ll have to pick up this whole wave day 1. 

15 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

Ok I wasn’t sold on the bone mech before, but the fact that if you don’t combine it you have 2 location elements (one seems to include bone spirit’s prison from season 1 even), 2 or possibly 3 mini mech spiders, and the rather sizable scorpion, plus mk having a mech and a cloud board and Mei having a jet pack, AND all the figs but Mei are exclusive (mk has a new torso print)...

yeah it’s a day 1 buy for me. I think I’ll have to pick up this whole wave day 1. 

You and me both!

• Overall love the wave! MK continues to impress me with their creativity (until I look at the prices...but this wave seems more reasonable)
  • Pigsy's Tank wins this wave for me --  speaking of creative, the concept here delights me. Poor Tang bout to get a box dropped on him. What a funny / probably lethal attack...
  • Mo getting a variant print is awesome; I know there was speculation he'd get a mech - are their images of that? I may just have to MOC one...
  • I also wasn't sold on the bone mech either, but I gotta reward that kind of crazy design craft. 

17 minutes ago, Umbrage82 said:

You and me both!

• Overall love the wave! MK continues to impress me with their creativity (until I look at the prices...but this wave seems more reasonable)
  • Pigsy's Tank wins this wave for me --  speaking of creative, the concept here delights me. Poor Tang bout to get a box dropped on him. What a funny / probably lethal attack...
  • Mo getting a variant print is awesome; I know there was speculation he'd get a mech - are their images of that? I may just have to MOC one...
  • I also wasn't sold on the bone mech either, but I gotta reward that kind of crazy design craft. 

The mech mo used in the show is a smaller version of sandys mech here. Most likely as Sandy is usually a pacifist in the show, they didn’t depict him as using a battle Mech, and scaled it down for mo to use instead since mo has repeatedly been depicted as manning artillery and heavy machines in the sets.