Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The skull lady figure from monkie kid looks great

Agreed, love that hairpiece :sweet: The alternate facial expression looks pretty scary for a minifig :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The skull lady figure from monkie kid looks great

Agreed amazing fig! Could see that hairpiece being pretty popular for custom figs

On 4/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

Id think it would follow the same as last year, with a smaller wave based on the 3rd season coming in august.

If this is true August will be rapidly wallet Armageddon, at least for my tastes— ninjago, marvel, vidiyo and monkie kid! Guess I’ll plan to defer Ninjago and Vidiyo for expected discounts and prioritize MK since they’re likely to remain only on lego.com and not discounted...

OMG Lady Bone Demon fig pics! She looks great (love the hairpiece), though it's a shame this probably means we won't be getting a fig of the more subtly creepy version of her possessing a child. Hopefully it's not long before we get pictures of the wave of sets she's from.

That fig looks awesome love the print and the hair piece.  The head looks excellent too, plus nice to see with it double sided.  Can't wait to see the sets.  

I haven’t tried to find that pic yet but I’m quite excited about the next wave!

13 hours ago, Lyichir said:

though it's a shame this probably means we won't be getting a fig of the more subtly creepy version of her possessing a child

Knowing MK sets there actually is a possibility that we may get two versions of her. I assume that this version is her, when she's not possessing a child anymore, because in TV show she clearly said that this is her only temporary body

Edited by Legofania

I keep forgetting that the Flower Fruit Mountain exists, then remembering it and realizing that I'll some how have to convince myself to buy that on top of all the other sets I want this year. Anyway, I'm like the new figure, her face and hair are just fantastic. I wonder if this next wave is going to include another location set in the same vein as the mountain, or if that was more of a one-off thing. Either way we're probably going to get the Bone Demon's mech and I'll probably end up buying it.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Jsut curious, will there be a non-GWP  Kid polybag?

I take my quesiton back. I mean I didn’t realize there will be a next wave so we don’t know anything about it. :)

Boy, I’m unite excited about the next wave!

I've been watching The New Legends Of Monkey on Netflix. It's pretty obvious who Sandy, Pigsy etc, are. But does anyone know if a character in Monkie Kid is supposed to represent Tripitaka? Is it Tang?

Not really a fan of the all white hairpiece or white face for Lady Bone Demon. Torso and Legs are fine though.

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I've been watching The New Legends Of Monkey on Netflix. It's pretty obvious who Sandy, Pigsy etc, are. But does anyone know if a character in Monkie Kid is supposed to represent Tripitaka? Is it Tang?

yes

3 hours ago, Killian said:

Yup. Tripitaka's name in the original Chinese is Tang Sanzang. Tang from Monkie Kid echoes the original in being one of the most "book smart" members of the group as well as being pretty helpless in battle. In a brief gag from the pilot of the show Tang is shown in Tripitaka's place atop the White Dragon Horse before the screen shifts to show him actually sitting on Mei's shoulders. In the latest season Tang comes across Tripitaka's khakkara staff among Monkey King's collection of treasures during a fight, and briefly seems attracted to it as if by fate—before shoving it aside to grab a much more intimidating weapon underneath it. And in an episode featuring a video game inspired by Monkey King's original adventures Tripitaka appears voiced by the same VA as Tang.

Speaking of Tang, is he just in one set or am i blind? The leaked Bone Demon minifig looks awesome and definitely matches her creepy personality in the show. Related to her, we might get another big "Mech" set in the future since she´s currently collecting stuff to summon some sort of armor in the show.

About the availability of the Monkie Kid sets, are they only available in other countries just online or can you get them in your local Lego Stores too? Appearantly the Lego Store next to me (i live in Germany near Frankfurt) don´t have the MK sets in store. I´ll have to order them online.

1 hour ago, badchriss said:

Speaking of Tang, is he just in one set or am i blind?

Only in one set, yes

1 hour ago, badchriss said:

About the availability of the Monkie Kid sets, are they only available in other countries just online or can you get them in your local Lego Stores too? Appearantly the Lego Store next to me (i live in Germany near Frankfurt) don´t have the MK sets in store. I´ll have to order them online.

I think they should be available in every lego store. But if you don't have then the only way is to order them online

9 hours ago, badchriss said:

Speaking of Tang, is he just in one set or am i blind? The leaked Bone Demon minifig looks awesome and definitely matches her creepy personality in the show. Related to her, we might get another big "Mech" set in the future since she´s currently collecting stuff to summon some sort of armor in the show.

They're available in the UK Lego stores

17 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yup. Tripitaka's name in the original Chinese is Tang Sanzang. Tang from Monkie Kid echoes the original in being one of the most "book smart" members of the group as well as being pretty helpless in battle. In a brief gag from the pilot of the show Tang is shown in Tripitaka's place atop the White Dragon Horse before the screen shifts to show him actually sitting on Mei's shoulders. In the latest season Tang comes across Tripitaka's khakkara staff among Monkey King's collection of treasures during a fight, and briefly seems attracted to it as if by fate—before shoving it aside to grab a much more intimidating weapon underneath it. And in an episode featuring a video game inspired by Monkey King's original adventures Tripitaka appears voiced by the same VA as Tang.

Awesome  :)

So, now, when season 2 was completely released I'd guess what sets we'll get:

• Mo's mech from 3rd episode as the smallest set
  • Pigsy's mech from 4th episode
  • Horned demons mech from 4th episode
  • Either Lady Bone Demon's crab or mech (or both in one set with two different ways to build) 
  • Spider Queen's lair (pretty iconic place, I must say)

Edited by Legofania

9 hours ago, Legofania said:

So, now, when season 2 was completely released I'd guess what sets we'll get:

• Mo's mech from 3rd episode as the smallest set
  • Pigsy's mech from 4th episode
  • Horned demons mech from 4th episode
  • Either Lady Bone Demon's crab or mech (or both in one set with two different ways to build) 
  • Spider Queen's lair (pretty iconic place, I must say)

These do seem like some of the most plausible upcoming set contents seen in Season 2. Though when I first saw Mo's mech, I kind of expected it to be a smaller side build in a bigger set. I suppose that's still possible, especially considering that there's no guarantee that there won't be other things that didn't make it into the show (for instance, there's almost assuredly gonna be small builds for the heroes in a big set like the Spider Queen's lair, given the track record of past sets to add small flyers for the good guys in those sorts of villain focused sets).

I hope Tang can find his way into one or more of these sorts of sets. I'd especially love if he appeared in a set with Yin and Jin or Lady Bone Demon with his "Journey to the West" book including new printed pages with those characters on them.

My Spider Queen's Arachnoid Base arrived the other day. I'm pretty keen to build it. Loving the spider themed minifigs in this line

A bigfig mech! That's a first.

I really like how Pigsy's tank body looks like a noodle bowl, complete with giant chopsticks (those would've made great shoulder cannons, but I guess would've taken more parts).

So one set left, and it has to include MK and lady bone demon as the other sets don’t include MK either. I’m putting my bet on a bone mech however it seems that it would be more prominent in the next season. Any ideas if Mei’s jet will show up in the show as well? 

That noodle bowl tank is simply amazing :laugh_hard: Now that‘s a combination of words I didn‘t know I would write when I got up in the morning