Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

Just now, Samus Aran said:

Does the spider have new parts in its legs ?

The small ones do, not sure on the big one. That website shows the base in greater detail, and it looks like everything on the walls. Not really a fan of it. The dragon jet doesn't look like it transforms or anything, but depending on the price, I'm thinking of buying it. Monkie kids bike though is absolutely abhorrent. A disk shooter on the side? look how blocky it is?

That mountain is amazing!!! I love all of the monkey figs. Really hope it is less than 200, but I expect it to be more.

loving the mountain, and the number of other side builds of environment are in these sets. the anti grav arcade from the show is a good inclusion, although ill probably mod it to be more of a full building. wish i could see the lion better but its looking like that will need some mods. unpopular opinion i actually like the bike, the chunkiness fits the aesthetic the theme has, and the disk shooter on the side makes sense if he's being attacked from the side, he does make these things in the moment in-fiction so it would be fairly situational.  red sons jet looks better than expected, although i am a bit dissapointed it doesnt seem to transform considering in the pilot he literally yells at mk that he will "never drive a vehicle without atleast one transformaton" or something like that, but still a good set. all the different outfits for wukong in the mountain are great, and im glad to see him pop up in more sets this wave, as well as mr. tang whos been missing for 2 waves. given the reveal of a bigfig im sure theres gonna be a second wave for this season later this year, especially since just like last time these seem to mostly corralate to a 44 min special instead of the actual season, so we can probably expect another 1 set for spider queen with the bigfig, as well as a few that include other villains like the demon bros later. 

all in all im very happy with this wave so far, despite the lion seeming to be a dud. 

1 minute ago, Bloquerto said:

There is still one set to get leak, right? The 80017. Maybe on that one is the big fig spider guy. 

possibly, although given the way they are structured that would be the smallest set, so very unlikely to have the bigfig. in fact im pretty sure thats one of those minifig and accessory sets, the blister card ones, since this wave was originally stated to be 7 sets plus one of those, and these are all 7 sets. 

1 minute ago, mrfang2 said:

possibly, although given the way they are structured that would be the smallest set, so very unlikely to have the bigfig. in fact im pretty sure thats one of those minifig and accessory sets, the blister card ones, since this wave was originally stated to be 7 sets plus one of those, and these are all 7 sets. 

Have I missed something? what bigfig? has anyone seen it? does it resemble a character or did someone somewhere say we're getting a bigfig?

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

Have I missed something? what bigfig? has anyone seen it? does it resemble a character or did someone somewhere say we're getting a bigfig?

a poster was revealed for the new special, on the last page, that shows off mk and his team fighting spider queen, her 2 goons from the dronecopter set, and a bigfig style character for her army. no figure was revealed but the animation model was, and its unlikely a distinct design like that will go unmade, as all the major villain designs last wave were made last year, aside from macaque who is in this wave now, and the white haired girl who only showed up for a few seconds and will likely be a major player in the next season so will likely appear next wave.

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

where can I find the poster? I'm intrigued!

lyichir posted in on the last page, about an hour ago. look there.

1 minute ago, Samus Aran said:

When will the kits be available?

march 1st

20 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

loving the mountain, and the number of other side builds of environment are in these sets. the anti grav arcade from the show is a good inclusion, although ill probably mod it to be more of a full building. wish i could see the lion better but its looking like that will need some mods. unpopular opinion i actually like the bike, the chunkiness fits the aesthetic the theme has, and the disk shooter on the side makes sense if he's being attacked from the side, he does make these things in the moment in-fiction so it would be fairly situational.  red sons jet looks better than expected, although i am a bit dissapointed it doesnt seem to transform considering in the pilot he literally yells at mk that he will "never drive a vehicle without atleast one transformaton" or something like that, but still a good set. all the different outfits for wukong in the mountain are great, and im glad to see him pop up in more sets this wave, as well as mr. tang whos been missing for 2 waves. given the reveal of a bigfig im sure theres gonna be a second wave for this season later this year, especially since just like last time these seem to mostly corralate to a 44 min special instead of the actual season, so we can probably expect another 1 set for spider queen with the bigfig, as well as a few that include other villains like the demon bros later. 

all in all im very happy with this wave so far, despite the lion seeming to be a dud. 

yeah heck im astonished at how fantastic the flower mountain set is but i wouldnt be surprised if its more expensive than the team hq base 

Edited by thekeeperofthereaper

Just now, thekeeperofthereaper said:

yeah heck im astonished at how fantastic the flower mountain set is but it seems like the mystery villainous force that appeared in the last episode has representation in this wave 

this wave seems largely to be based on the new "new years demon" special so i think they're trying to not spoil her involvement there, although unfortunately the trailer does spoil it. id count on her appearing atleast once in the next wave.

I'm most interested in 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain, but the price of 5,699 TWD/$204 seems really steep to me. $170 isn't a bad price but certainly not the best value...

The other sets are also great, not sure if I would get them though.

Edited by JintaiZ

I LOVE the look of the new sets! The Arachnoid base is huge and seems to have a great look about it. People compare it to Chima but to me it reminds me more of Insectoids or massive Exo-Force mechs like the Striking Venom. Flower Fruit Mountain is an amazing set in terms of landscaping and seems to include not just Monkie Kid, Macaque, and two small monkey figs, but also FOUR Monkey King figures representing different periods in his life! And the White Dragon Horse Jet looks remarkably unique as far as the build is concerned... a big step up from last year's bike.

The Lion Guardian doesn't really do it for me, on the other hand... kinda chunky and unwieldy looking (though I love the inclusion of what looks like parts of the antigravity arcade). Red Son's jet looks fairly solid but also pretty non-essential if I get the Red Son figure from the Dronecopter set. And the Cloud Bike is... well, it's a small set with two bikes. It's not bad, and the inclusion of what looks like a unique spider baddie might be enough for me to pick it up, but it also doesn't wow me the way a lot of Monkie Kid's vehicles have.

10 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

this wave seems largely to be based on the new "new years demon" special so i think they're trying to not spoil her involvement there, although unfortunately the trailer does spoil it. id count on her appearing atleast once in the next wave.

lets hope we get more sets later in the year then when the true form is revealed

Wow these sets are MUCH nicer than the first wave. I designs are really nice even though I won't buy them, like the jet. Loving the Spider and the waterfalls. The pricing for these are horrible and never go on sale so I doubt I'll be buying a ton of them. If the small set is $20 I'll buy it as soon as I can.

Most of the sets don't really do much to me but damn..... that mountain set is amazing :wub_drool: Too bad it's $170 as that doesn't fit in my budget. 

I love the mountain, but wish they had more cool figures like last time. These ones aren't bad, but they don't appeal to me the way the first wave's figures did.

Really interesting sets -- though I actually think overall I will end up preferring Wave 1 - my initial guess tier list (based on obviously no real experience with Wave 3, but owning nearly all wave 1 and half wave 2):

1. Monkie King Warrior Mech
  2. Monkie Kid's Team Secret HQ
  3. The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain
  4. Red Son's Inferno Truck
  5. Pigsy's Food Truck
  6. Demon Bull King
  7. Monkie Kid's Cloud Jet
  8. Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian
  9. Monkie Kid's Team Dronecopter
  10. Monkie Kid's Cloud Roadster
  11. Red Son's Inferno Jet
  12. Spider Queen's Arachnoid Base
  13. White Dragon Horse Jet
  14. Monkie Kid's Cloud Bike
  15. Sandy's Speedboat
  16. The Flaming Foundry
  17. Iron Bull Tank
  18. White Horse Dragon Bike

which gives an average placement of:

1 7.5
2 13.6
3 10

I like the Guardian quite a bit even though I get the critique -- I just imagine it as the Warrior Mech's pet and then it becomes must by! Leaving space for Fruit Mountain/Dronecopter/Arachnoid base to impress me more, but I suspect the small sets may actually be where I'm surprised...

Sets look much better and less messy then last time. And that mountain set is simply amazing.

I also think the figures have some more diversity.

That mountain set is really a draw, even if I didnt get a single set last time...