Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

2 pics from the show have come up, looks to show the lion guardian and the red son jet. The jet doesn't look that good, but I love the look of that guardian. Hopefully a cheap set judging by size.

well, neither of those look how i expected, but that DOES confirm that the list of sets is real at least. the lion guardian is mechanical it seems, although the screenshot shows organic ones too so who knows, maybe the set will be a robotic one vs an organic one or something. the inferno jet is very different to what i was expecting but fits red son's aesthetic pretty well, and the screenshot may be showing a transformed or split state, since the show does make a point of saying he would never use a vehicle without "at least one transformation". given how nice everything in the dronecopter set seems to be, im optimistic that this wave will be really well done. hopefully mk's bike can make up for mei's abysmal bike from wave 1.

Well, that jet is interesting, more of a rocket than a jet. I do think it could have some transformation though, maybe like the bat pod and the wings fall off, so we’ll see what the full set is like. The lion is what I expected, but it looks kind of small for the higher set number it has, so I expect the set to be bigger. I’m so excited to see these, I hope we see it soon!

3 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

The lion is what I expected, but it looks kind of small for the higher set number it has, so I expect the set to be bigger. I’m so excited to see these, I hope we see it soon!

agreed on how small it looks. maybe it has an environment, maybe builds of the other lion things in the shot, maybe a villain vehicle to fight against, or maybe its just smaller in the show than the set, like mei's bike, or mk's hoverboard

23 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

agreed on how small it looks. maybe it has an environment, maybe builds of the other lion things in the shot, maybe a villain vehicle to fight against, or maybe its just smaller in the show than the set, like mei's bike, or mk's hoverboard

Yeah, the last one is most likely, since most LEGO models in tv shows get drawn smaller than reality. 

Edit: I've seen the season 2 trailer, and there's a giant spider mech walking through the city. How much you wanna bet that's the arachnoid base?

Edited by NetherCreeper

On 2/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, NetherCreeper said:

I’ve used the service a few times before, I really do like it for allowing me to get parts I want without a whole set and without having to depend on independent sellers. However, I thought the entire figures weren’t available? I might double check to make sure, but usually at least one piece of a figure is “out of stock” perpetually to still encourage buying the entire set for the figures, especially for licensed themes.

edit: the demons are both there completely, but the spider queen headdress is not, so you’re lucky!

I bought the Spider Queen torso and head (plain black dress) and a queen in red that I think was from Monkey Kid. I love the figures, but not really the sets. They still look good without the head pieces. 

a trailer for what seems to be a Chinese new year special for monkie kid released, which is the source of the screen shot of the lion, although not the jet somehow. at the beginning you can see what looks to be the arachnoid base, a walking, spider-ish shaped building. so its kinda between "vehicle" and "playset". it kind of seems like a bigger version of the galaxy squad series biggest alien vehicle, but with spider queen's colors and a pagoda and what looks like a landing pad or balcony of some sort sticking out of the thorax instead of the launcher? its pretty funky looking in a good way, although itll definitely be downsized in the set since it towers over other buildings in the trailer.

Edited by mrfang2

The Arachnoid Base looks incredible! Obviously not going to be as big as in the cartoon, but will probably be an awesome set and build anyway. I'm very excited... Lego has also started putting episodes of the TV series on their YouTube, though they're currently blocked in every country except Malaysia. Still, I'm hoping this means that a wider release of the TV series and an official reveal of the upcoming sets could both drop within the next week or so!

4 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

so a longer trailer has been found, looks pretty good. shows off the inferno jet, handsome shots of the base. looks pretty good.

can you send a link?

It's not a leak, just hasn't aired worldwide yet. Here's a twitter thread compiling most of the major updates from yesterday, including both short and long versions of the trailer.

This morning Villads Spangsberg (one of the executive producers of the show) also shared this poster for the new season, which seems to include a new bigfig minion of the Spider Queen (among other characters we'd seen in the Dronecopter set).

Edited by Lyichir

that's a lot of monkey

is there any more set pictures apart from the mountain? it looks incredible, but there are so many monkie king figs!

I believe I see macaque in there battling mk? top left mountain?  also this seems to be the only one I can find

ok there are more sets. the jets look fine, I like the guardian, and the arachnoid base feels quite small.

a few comments...

The amount of smaller sets is great! Hopefully the price matches their size... Flower fruit mountain is very intriguing, especially the minifig selection, but it looks a bit empty from the back. I like the dragon horse jet, especially the layers shield tiles on the wings, and the arachnoid base looks really cool! I also like that the monkey king comes in a few more sets this time, as he is a major character. The lion ain't looking too hot, it looks like the garbled bootlegs you usually see online and laugh about. Also, trans-neon orange still isn't dead! It's all over the inferno jet, which is great, as I really do like it as a color. Overall, very nice! My only annoyance is that the big-fig spider guy isn't here, that comment got me excited for one.

I agree with the comment above, the lion is a mess. that bike set though....... I feel physically sick just looking at it. looks like the double bike set trend is finally coming into monkie kid. the 2 jets are the standouts of the wave, I love the white dragon one. the mountain looks incredible, but is probably horrendously expensive. im not really a fan of the arachnoid base, dosent really look like a base.

The Mountain of Flowers and Fruit looks brilliant.  I hope I can afford it!

The Spider Queen's Arachnoid Base looks a lot better than I expected.  I just can't remember the Spider Queen's role in Journey to the West - she never struck me as one of the more memorable villains.

The White Horse Jet is such a SPACESHIP!!!! that I just might have to get it.

Unlike the first wave, this wave has a good selection of smaller sets.

The Mountain looks like one of those Friends jungle sets mixed with Jestro’s evil lair from Nexo Knights. The arachnid base isn’t really a base and looks like it’s been plucked straight out of Chima. The other sets either look way too blocky or way too colourful and messy (cough cough guardian lion). Not a fan of this wave at all :/

Edited by someguy827

8 minutes ago, someguy827 said:

The Mountain looks like one of those Friends jungle sets mixed with Jestro’s evil lair from Nexo Knights. The arachnid base isn’t really a base and looks like it’s been plucked straight out of Chima. The other sets either look way too blocky or way too colourful and messy (cough cough guardian lion). Not a fan of this wave at all :/

what wah what are you seriously badmouthing the fantastically awesome flower mountain set

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I agree with the comment above, the lion is a mess. that bike set though....... I feel physically sick just looking at it. looks like the double bike set trend is finally coming into monkie kid. the 2 jets are the standouts of the wave, I love the white dragon one. the mountain looks incredible, but is probably horrendously expensive. im not really a fan of the arachnoid base, dosent really look like a base.

yeah im getting too much of chima vibe with the arachnoid base if the interior is awesome i maybe just maybe get it , i said i wouldnt gey any vehicle sets but the white dragon jet is so lovely looking , and i was right about the flower mountain holy crap that thing is incredible the best of the wave in my opinion

im not fond of the lion but i like the sidebuild , red sons jet is meh to me and what kind of bike is that