Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

13 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm just wondering when the sets will be revealed, because its only a month till their release.

last time it was like a week before release. that said the team dronecopter is already up on lego shop as coming soon so could be any day now

10 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

last time it was like a week before release. that said the team dronecopter is already up on lego shop as coming soon so could be any day now

If they're not holding out until the absolute last minute like they did last year, a reveal around Chinese New Year (the 12th of next month) could be likely.

7 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

When will the kits themselves appear?

I really don’t know. Every other March release has been uploaded on to shop at home except for the rest of these sets. 

Can someone tell me how many episodes there are and where I can watch them in english? I watch the first 2 eps months ago when they came out then kinda forgot about the rest.

19 minutes ago, Surge said:

Can someone tell me how many episodes there are and where I can watch them in english? I watch the first 2 eps months ago when they came out then kinda forgot about the rest.

Yeah, take a look at the dedicated TV show thread:

There's a link on there to the episodes so far. 

3 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

So is it safe to assume that the copter set is the most expensive set of this wave? 

it wold appear that flower fruit mountain is the biggest this wave given the set numbers

52 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

it wold appear that flower fruit mountain is the biggest this wave given the set numbers

So is the latest rumored set list legit?

Just now, LOTR34 said:

So is the latest rumored set list legit?

as far as we know, yes. could turn out to not be, or the names could be changed a bit considering the "team quadcopter" became "team dronecopter" between reveal and listing on lego.com, but as far as we know that list is correct. im also inclined to belive it more since the leaked box art of the drone copter changed the clouds from last years box art into an image of flower fruit mountain.

15 minutes ago, mrfang2 said:

as far as we know, yes. could turn out to not be, or the names could be changed a bit considering the "team quadcopter" became "team dronecopter" between reveal and listing on lego.com, but as far as we know that list is correct. im also inclined to belive it more since the leaked box art of the drone copter changed the clouds from last years box art into an image of flower fruit mountain.

If that's the case then this could be the first location based set in this theme.Well hopefully the rest of the sets will be revealed soon and then we'll find out.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

If that's the case then this could be the first location based set in this theme.Well hopefully the rest of the sets will be revealed soon and then we'll find out.

it seems so, and I'm glad they're going big with the first major location. i wouldn't be surprised if the lion guardian set is partially location based as well, with some kind of shrine or something where mk would be meeting the lion. pure speculation though.

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

Yeah, take a look at the dedicated TV show thread:

There's a link on there to the episodes so far. 

Thanks!

On 1/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, someguy827 said:

Not too excited for the evil arachnid base, probably because I’m getting Chima flashbacks.

Uhm.. What's up with that comment about Chima flashbacks? What's so bad about that? 

On 1/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm just wondering when the sets will be revealed, because its only a month till their release.

Someone I know said he already got some free pre-release sets for review from LEGO themselves, so it could be any day from now. I really hope they won't wait until last minute to reveal them, like they did last year.

22 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Someone I know said he already got some free pre-release sets for review from LEGO themselves, so it could be any day from now. I really hope they won't wait until last minute to reveal them, like they did last year.

Did he say when the embargo lifts for those reviews?Based on that we can surmise when we'll get to see official pictures.

46 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Uhm.. What's up with that comment about Chima flashbacks? What's so bad about that? 

Not a fan of the animal look of many chima sets, and I’d much rather the evil base be some ancient temple looking build then I what I think it’ll be. Who knows honestly, maybe I’ll be surprised.

I was re watching the monkie kid episodes, and in episode 2 (or 3, its the one with the weather tower), Mei goes through a montage of what a hero could have, and shows off a pretty sleek green and white fighter jet. this is probably what that jet set could be

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Really hoping the demons show up in another set; don't super-love the cloud roadster and would be excited about more villains vehicles...

2 hours ago, Umbrage82 said:

Really hoping the demons show up in another set; don't super-love the cloud roadster and would be excited about more villains vehicles...

I bought the parts for the Twins and the Spider Queen from Lego bricks and pieces because I did not like either of the sets they came in.

I... didn't know that was a thing. Thanks so much you just saved/cost me so much money lol! (would normally look to bricklink)

10 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I bought the parts for the Twins and the Spider Queen from Lego bricks and pieces because I did not like either of the sets they came in.

... I didn't know you could do that. Thanks so much! You just saved/cost me so much money lol (normally woulda just ordered from BL)

The Quadcopter has been added to Shop@Home and it gives us a closer look at those wonderful figs. I especially love Tang and the new monocle for Mei. Honestly, if those crates came in a standalone set, I'd buy. Very cozy little interiors with lots of fun trinkets. Just don't care for the main vehicle, but I'm sure it will appeal to its audience.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/monkie-kid-s-team-dronecopter-80023

Edited by Cocoa

11 minutes ago, Umbrage82 said:

I... didn't know that was a thing. Thanks so much you just saved/cost me so much money lol! (would normally look to bricklink)

... I didn't know you could do that. Thanks so much! You just saved/cost me so much money lol (normally woulda just ordered from BL)

And if you want to know more about it....

tada!
I’ve used the service a few times before, I really do like it for allowing me to get parts I want without a whole set and without having to depend on independent sellers. However, I thought the entire figures weren’t available? I might double check to make sure, but usually at least one piece of a figure is “out of stock” perpetually to still encourage buying the entire set for the figures, especially for licensed themes.

edit: the demons are both there completely, but the spider queen headdress is not, so you’re lucky!

Edited by NetherCreeper

14 hours ago, Cocoa said:

The Quadcopter has been added to Shop@Home and it gives us a closer look at those wonderful figs. I especially love Tang and the new monocle for Mei. Honestly, if those crates came in a standalone set, I'd buy. Very cozy little interiors with lots of fun trinkets. Just don't care for the main vehicle, but I'm sure it will appeal to its audience.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/monkie-kid-s-team-dronecopter-80023

The main vehicle appeals to me as someone who’s going to strip it and repurpose it for a MOC. :P