Robert8

LEGO Monkie Kid 2021

Monkie Kid is a D2C theme in most countries so we probably won't see images until very close to the release.

33 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

they might do what happened last time officially reveal the sets 1 or 2 days before release

You get a point there, it mah be likely going to happen this spring. 

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

so after watching all the episodes of monkie kid just now i guess we might get a minifigure of macaque in a set

and im interested to seeing who that new villain is

Its probably White Bone Lady/White Bone Demon.

I wonder if one of the sets will have the possessed bull clones and the giant evil Macaque.

Watch the base turn out to be some kind of giant animatronic spider with a room and a jail cell inside. :laugh:

Can’t say I’m interested in yet more action/adventure planes. Unless these jets really blow me out of the park with how good they are, I’ll pass. The bass might be interesting but it’ll probably be low priority for me - gotta save up for Ninjago City Gardens after all. Hope the three we don’t know yet are interesting (and small/affordable!)

The Arachnoid Base sounds promising. The other two not so much. I mean come on, don't we already have more than enough Jets from Ninjago? Can't they just for once, take a break from all those vehicles and try out something new? 

17 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Watch the base turn out to be some kind of giant animatronic spider with a room and a jail cell inside. :laugh:

Oh man, that sounds really fun haha! 

16 hours ago, Lego David said:

The other two not so much. I mean come on, don't we already have more than enough Jets from Ninjago? Can't they just for once, take a break from all those vehicles and try out something new? 

I'm slightly curious on how Red Son's jets going to turn out as the bull faction doesn't have a fully-fledged flying vehicle. As for the White Dragon Horse Jet, yeah, I don't find myself caring for it.

Hopefully the other three unnamed sets have more variety in them such as more stuffs for the Gold and Silver Horned Demons. As much as I dig the bull faction, I really hope they don't take up all the spotlight there. Would be real nice to have more new villains as Journey to the West does have a nice variety of antagonists to reimagine. The Arachnoid Base definitely sounds like a good start.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

2 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Oh man, that sounds really fun haha! 

I'm slightly curious on how Red Son's jets going to turn out as the bull faction doesn't have a fully-fledged flying vehicle. As for the White Dragon Horse Jet, yeah, I don't find myself caring for it.

Hopefully the other three unnamed sets have more variety in them such as more stuffs for the Gold and Silver Horned Demons. As much as I dig the bull faction, I really hope they don't take up all the spotlight there. Would be real nice to have more new villains as Journey to the West does have a nice variety of antagonists to reimagine. The Arachnoid Base definitely sounds like a good start.

given that in the quadcopter, red is seemingly working with spider queen now, or possibly on his own, spider queen and her new minions may be the main villain faction this wave. id love for the horned demons to get their own set because theyre just fantastic in the show, but id also be more surprised if we dont get macaque this wave, since he had one of the shows best episodes and would be a great excuse to get wukong in another set as well since he seems to be the only one wukong considers worth coming out of retirement to fight. we have also been hinted that nezha could show up (the show has shown his weapons, and he's on a tv screen in the quadcopter set) so we may be seeing even more of an expanded cast on both sides this season.

all in all, arachnoid base sounds like just what we've been hoping for in terms of getting more villains, and I'm hopeful the number between that and the quadcopter is another location, considering flower fruit mountain is on the box now i would expect wukong's mountain home to appear in some form. the jets, i dont know how to feel till i see them. the quadcopter managed to be a funky and interesting design enough for me to want it, and red son's had some good vehicles so far, so it could be good. im not expecting much from mei's jet but maybe theyll pull something off that can redeem her awful bike from wave 1. for the two smaller sets, im not sure what to expect. since we dont know the exact prices of them. could very well be an impulse set and a 20$ range one, could be 30-40$ range ones. i'd guess one is a hero side thing and one is a villain side thing, atleast one is a vehicle, and maybe one will be something along the lines of the "tournament of elements" type sets, maybe with mk, wukong, and macaque with their mountain battleground from ep 10. id be surprised if none of the sets included white bone spirit's new host, unless theyre doing 2 waves for this season like last time and are saving her for the second part of this year's line.

Not much to say, maybe it will end up being a great surprise like the first wave, or maybe it will end being mediocre like the second wave. I don't care for vehicles much, but I am interested to see Red Son's jet, considering tr. neon orange has been retired. I'm fear the Arachnid Base will be like the Flaming Foundry. But if we're lucky, it could be like some of those cool fortresses from Elves.

Sorta like this but a little more subdued.

LEGO Elves 41180 Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle at John Lewis & Partners

Edited by Cocoa

ohhhh good reference boy do i love that set 

one thing that was worrying me about monkie kid was other than the secret team hq there was a lack in base play sets

and im thinking i might get my chima spinlyns cavern out and see can integrate it into the theme

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

While I'd always adore a location-based set that's as amazing as some of the ones in Elves, my first thought upon reading the set name was that it might be something along the lines of https://brickset.com/sets/6977-1/Arachnoid-Star-Base

yeah thats more likely and definately in tone with the story and animated series

4 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

If the Spider Queen base is anything like the Bull base then count me out. 

But the Mei jet does interest me, since I like her color scheme. 

yeah i do agree the bull base is very weak and i do love collecting villains lairs/castles but that felt like a hodge podge

3 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Unlikely. How many details will it contain ?

No idea. It was just my first thought upon hearing the similar name. Obviously there's no guarantee that it would be something literally spider-shaped like that set, though of course there's also no guarantee that it wouldn't, and given Monkie Kid's track record so far, a "mobile base" of some form or another seems like it might be more likely than a fixed fortress or castle. Honestly I'd be fine with either as long as it's done well.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:54 AM, mrfang2 said:

but id also be more surprised if we dont get macaque this wave, since he had one of the shows best episodes and would be a great excuse to get wukong in another set as well since he seems to be the only one wukong considers worth coming out of retirement to fight. 

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Macaque, would definitely be real nice to have him included. Dark versions of Monkie Kid/Monkey King's stuffs will always be welcomed by me - If it actually happens, that is. The concept is certainly strong there.

quadcopter managed to be a funky and interesting design enough for me to want it, 

After taking a closer look at the quadcopter (was distracted by the spider themed minifigures the whole time), I actually am starting to like it much more now, It isn't your typical jet set or helicopter (boy, we already have too many of those from various themes). And it just dawned on me that the quadcopter is kinda based on a delivery drone with the containers as "packages". So yeah, definitely funky indeed.

Also, for some reason, I'm really digging that Mei-themed arcade machine. A really nice touch.

id be surprised if none of the sets included white bone spirit's new host, unless theyre doing 2 waves for this season like last time and are saving her for the second part of this year's line.

Assuming the Arachnoid Base is the biggest set of the wave (along with the faction's inclusion in another set) which would indicate the Spider Queen being the major antagonist for this wave, I'd be surprised if the White Bone Spirit is included in the wave considering the final arc and cliffhanger of the season which suggests that there's really something big going on with the Spirit. Most likely indeed they're saving it for a dedicated future wave.

Though I guess it is possible for the new host as a minifigure to appear as a cameo in this upcoming wave.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

On 1/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

So we have a set list now, plus a blurry pic of the box art of the quadcopter. Sets include: red sons inferno jet, white dragon bone jet and the. Spider queen archnoid base.

that's not all. We're expecting to get at least 2 more sets