L3g0_Fanat1c

Lego technic mech frame ideas

This might help:

If your mech is small enough, you can get away with having the friction gears built in the legs in order to get the hip joints more compact. 

If you're building a mech that's larger, i suggest having two friction gears mounted in the hip instead. 
How tall of a mech are we talking? 

EDIT:
If you're building a smaller mech, use the pin holes on the small turn table as pivot points. 
If you're building a bigger mech, use the large L beam as the pivot point and attach the small turn table to the L beam.

Use 2 long beams to make the hips widen and close like a hinge. They have plenty of friction. 
If you make a moc like my grizzly then you'll need double friction gears or it will just flop down due to the weight. 
Oh also those gray 3 long pin with axle end when put trough two beam holes, it will have massive amounts of friction. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

15 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

This might help:

If your mech is small enough, you can get away with having the friction gears built in the legs in order to get the hip joints more compact. 

If you're building a mech that's larger, i suggest having two friction gears mounted in the hip instead. 
How tall of a mech are we talking? 

EDIT:
If you're building a smaller mech, use the pin holes on the small turn table as pivot points. 
If you're building a bigger mech, use the large L beam as the pivot point and attach the small turn table to the L beam.

Use 2 long beams to make the hips widen and close like a hinge. They have plenty of friction. 
If you make a moc like my grizzly then you'll need double friction gears or it will just flop down due to the weight. 
Oh also those gray 3 long pin with axle end when put trough two beam holes, it will have massive amounts of friction. 

I am planning on a bigger mech, it wont have arms, maybe something like this:

LNLSO (3).jpg

I will see if i can order some of those fancy clicky joints

I am guessing it will be 200-300 milimeters tall. sooo around 30 cm

That mech you made with the saws is so cool ;)

You could use these lego-panel-2-right-87086-27.jpgtechnic panels for those toes. 

It would be very cool if you could build the entire moc without bionicle joints.

Edited by Mechbuilds

On 11/7/2020 at 5:19 AM, Mechbuilds said:

You could use these lego-panel-2-right-87086-27.jpgtechnic panels for those toes. 

It would be very cool if you could build the entire moc without bionicle joints.

It would be very cool! I would probably have to end up using a few small balljoints to connect the toes......

Hmmm... i wonder if i could order some linear actuators fo some leg strength

be creative with lego technic connections. Ball joints are cheating after all :wink:

Post pictures of your current progress. Easier to help when you got something to work with. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

On 11/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, Mechbuilds said:

be creative with lego technic connections. Ball joints are cheating after all :wink:

Post pictures of your current progress. Easier to help when you got something to work with. 

So I have been working on the torso, here are some pics:  https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMBg23zsv7lpHb8eaoAMZATUVVXLq7_kwS2wcoi  https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOcygzCJ1LVSXOgafrrkWiqiMGsiXEGdLFLBd_h

Edited by L3g0_Fanat1c

On 1/12/2021 at 4:35 AM, Mechbuilds said:

You should use an image sharing website like imgur to post pictures. 

I am not allowed to use imgur...