Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

The vignettes set looks really similar to what some people do with for the CMFsLego Minifigure Habitats – The Brick Consultant

I like the vignettes set better. Looks like a great display piece. I love a display like that for Christmas scenes

I wonder if we'll get the 12 animal costumes. I don't see this theme lasting a 12 years....

Well, anyway, next year is rabbit, so that's an easy one. Just a recolor of the Series 7 costume

The ice rink looks nice, but I'm not too sure about the vignettes. Generally, though, the sets feel a bit repetitive.

Mylenium

Does someone from Hogwarts have a penguin as patronus? 
I like the ice skating set. A little too cramped with all that is going on, but for playing it is perfect. I also love the sticker with the blocky foot with ice skate.

the vignettes are too similar for my taste. But i can understand that for the Chinese it will be much cooler as they recognize all situations. I only think Golden Hotdogs and Tiger tile

Edited by Borex

The vignettes are great for friends or family builds with one instruction booklet per vignette. I think they look really neat, although the CMF ones above may be even better (it's a great idea).

The ice skating rink looks like a terrific playset.

I look forward to getting them.

Did anyone else notice that two of the figures in the ice festival have an update of the Ice Planet torso? It can be seen most clearly on the ice fisher (who also has a recolour of the ushanka piece in white/orange). 

The ice rink is a really nice set. Large opal tiles for the ice, and fishes swimming underneath!

It looks like both sets contain stickers? (I assume they can’t all be prints due to how many and large they are?) Bit of a shame, I liked that the last sets had (almost) no stickers

7 minutes ago, Gnukan said:

The ice rink is a really nice set. Large opal tiles for the ice, and fishes swimming underneath!

It looks like both sets contain stickers? (I assume they can’t all be prints due to how many and large they are?) Bit of a shame, I liked that the last sets had (almost) no stickers

Yes, they definitely have stickers.

Really cool sets! And I love that they are doing something new every year - this time with vignettes and the iceplates!

I just feel like the price could be cheaper. I could buy a huge (good quality wooden) buddah statue cheaper than this.

Maybe I try to get the opal ice plates to create something of my own.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

So no panda mold this time? I haven’t found the images on IG.

A few animals included, but nothing new. Orange fish, white small bird, and, perhaps confusingly, the penguin! No pandas…

3 minutes ago, williejm said:

A few animals included, but nothing new. Orange fish, white small bird, and, perhaps confusingly, the penguin! No pandas…

Thank you, pal, for some info! Darn it!

29 minutes ago, williejm said:

People keep talking about this orange fish, but orange isn't even a rare colour for the fish. It didn't seem to me to be worth mentioning at all!

This “wave” of CHNY sets is dissapointing to me at least. Previous year was really good in terms of storyrelling and compatibility to other sets such as modular buildings etc.. I kinda like Ice skating Rink but Inhaze to see that “paperish” wall/photo-stand. I think I skip it but at least I can decide properly after some reviews…

8 hours ago, Borex said:

Does someone from Hogwarts have a penguin as patronus? 

Ha, my exact thought when I first saw the piece too. 

These are nice but not as exciting as the previous two years have been for me. I get vignettes are popular in the AFOL community & they’re neat but not something I care too much about. Scenes are pretty good though. The Ice Festival is cool but wish it was done on a base like last years SLF was. Still, gonna be day one buys for sure as there’s a lot of love about these. New minifg prints are great & the new part colors are nice additions too. 

Definitely a step down for this theme from the sets it delivered the last 2 years.  

Ice Festival is nice and I’ll probably get it eventually.  The vignettes don’t do much for me.

Well, personally I'm impressed. The little vignettes look like they'll make a great display (and a great way to show off a wide variety of traditions). I especially like the little mandarin orange tree! The ice festival set also looks like a lot of fun. Are those trans-clear opalescent 6x6 tiles for the ice rink?

10 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Well, personally I'm impressed. The little vignettes look like they'll make a great display (and a great way to show off a wide variety of traditions). I especially like the little mandarin orange tree! The ice festival set also looks like a lot of fun. Are those trans-clear opalescent 6x6 tiles for the ice rink?

Can’t work out if they are large tiles, or perhaps wall panels laid perpendicular? Agree these sets look great again, think this sub theme really delivers some glorious fun builds.

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

Can’t work out if they are large tiles, or perhaps wall panels laid perpendicular? Agree these sets look great again, think this sub theme really delivers some glorious fun builds.

I was thinking about it, and it seems like they are raised wall panels sideways, there are fish below the ice as well, which makes wall panels more likely then tiles.

Just realized that the photo on the wall of the vignette with the tv and the aquarium is taken in front of the red ox in the lantern festival set. A pretty cute detail

On 11/6/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mylenium said:

The ice rink looks nice, but I'm not too sure about the vignettes. Generally, though, the sets feel a bit repetitive.

Mylenium

I feel the opposite. For a theme with 2 sets a year, there has been a remarkable amount of variety

16 hours ago, Gnukan said:

Just realized that the photo on the wall of the vignette with the tv and the aquarium is taken in front of the red ox in the lantern festival set. A pretty cute detail

Nice spot! For a bit of set(obviously other folks took pictures, but they’re the ones we see in the process of doing so) continuity it would’ve been neat if it was the couple with the phone on the selfie stick & the kid instead of the other two. 

Sets are up on LEGO.com, and are €69,99 and €99,99 

Also there's a top-down picture of the ice rink , which shows the circular moulding mark in the position seen on those 1x6x5 panels.

6245253.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

19 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Sets are up on LEGO.com, and are €69,99 and €99,99 

I don’t think I see them there yet?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t think I see them there yet?

Type in the set number in the search.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, Vindicare said:

Nice spot! For a bit of set(obviously other folks took pictures, but they’re the ones we see in the process of doing so) continuity it would’ve been neat if it was the couple with the phone on the selfie stick & the kid instead of the other two. 

Agree that it would’ve been perfect with the selfie stick couple. Still neat though