Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Looks like we’ll be getting a rabbit in next year’s sets. In that case, I’d like to see a new mold for the headpiece. 

Why new headpiece? There is an existing bunny costume headpiece…like Easter sets and CMF. 

On 10/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why new headpiece? There is an existing bunny costume headpiece…like Easter sets and CMF. 

It’s just been around awhile & change would be nice. I blame the BaM stations for me wanting all these alternate pieces. :tongue: 

Given TLG recent...... tendencies with vidiyo cough*furries*cough, I wouldn't be surprise if they introduce a hair+bunny ears piece, like this:

bunny ears halloween costume Offers online OFF 69%

But

I'd say a reuse of the Series 7 Bunny mask is almost a given. 

2024 is where is at as it'll be the Year of the Dragon. They can't reuse the current dragon mask for an oriental dragon, so a new mold is a must.

Series 24 is unlikely to have a chinese dragon costume, as it would be 2 dragon costumes back to back, so a new mask is a given for the 2024 chinese new year sets. Hopefully, it will be something like this

DRAGON Enlighten | •LEGO AMINO• Amino

Edited by Robert8

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s just been around awhile & change would be nice. I blame the BaM stations for me wanting all these alternate pieces. :tongue: 

Well, you may need to prepare for your disappointment.  And so do I if they don’t include panda and only introduce an “alternative” bunny mask. 

To be honest, I think Robert8 may right about a dragon mask.  the existing dragon mask seems more to be European instead of Asian. An Asian dragon has long whiskers (I don’t know what is that called?) and a snout a bit longer. I would be interested to see a new dragon mask in 2024. But I won’t be surprised if they still reuse anothe existing European dragon mask for that 2024 set. 

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, you may need to prepare for your disappointment.  And so do I if they don’t include panda and only introduce an “alternative” bunny mask. 

To be honest, I think Robert8 may right about a dragon mask.  the existing dragon mask seems more to be European instead of Asian. An Asian dragon has long whiskers (I don’t know what is that called?) and a snout a bit longer. I would be interested to see a new dragon mask in 2024. But I won’t be surprised if they still reuse anothe existing European dragon mask for that 2024 set. 

Ya know..I thought of a much better reason for wanting a new bunny head, a face. Just looking at the CNY sets, all the animal hats had faces, as do most if not all other animal hats. In that regard an update would be nice. 

On 10/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, Vindicare said:

Ya know..I thought of a much better reason for wanting a new bunny head, a face. Just looking at the CNY sets, all the animal hats had faces, as do most if not all other animal hats. In that regard an update would be nice. 

you know what? I take back what I said - I see what you mean now and I’m in agreement with you. I think it would be interpreting to see a modified bunny mask with pointed bunny ears (similiar to Buggs Rabbits and Rabbit from Pooh set). 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will Chinese Ne Year sets be revealed soon this month? 

Looking at when this thread was created, two years ago the details came out November 5th and the pictures November 6th.

It was already said they will be revealed at the Chinese Expo on Nov 5th along with a Monkie Kid 2023 set

Edited by Robert8

Hmmm that’s interpreting.

and i think I see a purple Space helmet and air tank?!

@Vindicare, it looks like you are right about a new rabbit mask - Im glad to be wrong. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Really nice sets, but unfortunately there seems to be a bunch of stickers on the parade set

On 10/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

you know what? I take back what I said - I see what you mean now and I’m in agreement with you. I think it would be interpreting to see a modified bunny mask with pointed bunny ears (similiar to Buggs Rabbits and Rabbit from Pooh set). 

Haha, looks like I got I what i wanted. :laugh: That new headwear is exactly what I was hoping for.

That parade set is great, loving the minifigs. Build looks really fun as well. The other one is a bit of a miss for me, mainly because I prefer sets with minifigs. May still get it though. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

...That parade set is great, loving the minifigs. Build looks really fun as well. The other one is a bit of a miss for me, mainly because I prefer sets with minifigs. May still get it though. 

Exactly my thoughts - I would prefer vignettes with scenes relating to CNY. I think it has become a tradition to feature a minifig dressed in the year's animal zodiac so I think we will at least see one minifig each year. LOL

Not sure if parade is really CNY, it does happen but more of a westernized thing but it looks great and surprised to see new rabbit costume.  Other ones... well would love to get the printed parts but other than that a bit underwhelming.  I think LEGO really running out of ideas unless they rehash some events we might end up not getting the complete zodiac.  

4 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I think LEGO really running out of ideas unless they rehash some events we might end up not getting the complete zodiac.  

Both of these sets are things they haven‘t done before, so I don‘t think they‘re running out of ideas anytime soon :laugh:

Good point about the complete zodiac though, there are quite a few left

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@Vindicare, it looks like you are right about a new rabbit mask - Im glad to be wrong. :)

That's quite interesting because they did reuse S12 Piggy Guy's mask for the Year of the Pig sets

I wonder if this new rabbit mask is going to be reused for something else.....  

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Not sure if parade is really CNY, it does happen but more of a westernized thing but it looks great and surprised to see new rabbit costume.  Other ones... well would love to get the printed parts but other than that a bit underwhelming.  I think LEGO really running out of ideas unless they rehash some events we might end up not getting the complete zodiac.  

I am not a Chinese expert so I really don’t know anything about parade in China or in USA Chinatowns. 

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That's quite interesting because they did reuse S12 Piggy Guy's mask for the Year of the Pig sets

Agreed.

I would be pleased if they do reuse that new rabit headgear for Easter set!

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Both of these sets are things they haven‘t done before, so I don‘t think they‘re running out of ideas anytime soon

well it's new but it's pushing the boundary of CNY.  even last year ice festivals already pushing it a bit.  I think they went for one set as decoration items with no minifigs because they couldn't figure out what other events they haven't do yet on time.  Because a fireworks boat with a whole fireworks display will be too many pieces to fit their target price range.  I think the up coming years, if the sets sell well and the theme continues, we probably will get more decoration type sets than scenes featuring minifigs.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well all of the previous animal-head masks used in this theme have had faces, while the CMF bunny mask only had ears. The CMF piggy mask did have a face, but since the bunny one didn't, you could see it as LEGO introducing a new piece for consistency, not because they're going to use it for anything else.