Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

5 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

Yes its not good, I was just lucky that I was ordering the Police Station and happened to notice I could order it.

Actually it’s just changed to 20 January, so I ordered it. My point still remains but 3 weeks is better than 2 months.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, JintaiZ said:

I could always appreciate LEGO doing GWPs...

LEGO-Chinese-New-Year-2021-GWP.jpg

Is this going to be in the US on the free giveaways?  I am kind of surprised they didn't wait until Feb 12 to sell them.

14 hours ago, Herky said:

Is this going to be in the US on the free giveaways?  I am kind of surprised they didn't wait until Feb 12 to sell them.

It wouldn't really make sense to delay the release until the actual date of Chinese New Year—that wouldn't allow people time to purchase the sets in advance to display or give as gifts on the holiday itself. It's the same reason why other seasonal sets like the Winter Village sets typically come out well in advance of their respective holidays.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, tomorrowboy said:

Still says "Coming Soon on January 1, 2021" on the Canadian Lego site. 

Now it's just been removed from the Canadian site entirely. : (

1 hour ago, tomorrowboy said:

Now it's just been removed from the Canadian site entirely. : (

I'm assuming it's temporary as it's still available for pre-order on amazon.ca; nothing to worry about, really...

On 1/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, JintaiZ said:

I'm assuming it's temporary as it's still available for pre-order on amazon.ca; nothing to worry about, really...

It was also in stock and ready to ship on indigo.ca. But now they are sold out. 

Edit: just checked and 80106 is still available with a warning of only 4 left...

They updated the site to say it would be available on January 10th.

Now it says "Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days"

Considering the lantern festival is on February 26th this year I think they've messed up this launch pretty badly.

Ordered this morning, did not get the pagoda nor the lantern with my order which disappoints me, instead I get a skating rink.  I assume they ran out of the Ideas car they were supposed to have. Both are on backorder but that is alright. Lunar New Year is Feb 12, I hope they come by then. 

In the UK 80107 still says 'temporarily out of stock'.  Having ordered it on the 1st on backorder for Feb 10th, I got no confirmation email and I received a payment of £90 yesterday which had left my account immediately on the 1st (the price of it). I also received the £90 refund for a completely separate purchase, 10277, also on backorder, for which I had got a confirmation email on ordering.  I have been given no explanation why, so don't know what to do now.  The customer service takes 7 days to reply at the moment too.  Any thoughts on what I should do?

2 hours ago, Herky said:

Ordered this morning, did not get the pagoda nor the lantern with my order which disappoints me, instead I get a skating rink.  I assume they ran out of the Ideas car they were supposed to have. Both are on backorder but that is alright. Lunar New Year is Feb 12, I hope they come by then. 

Yeah, the car seemed to have disappeared a few days ago. I'm kind of frustrated because I wanted it. : (

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

In the UK 80107 still says 'temporarily out of stock'.  Having ordered it on the 1st on backorder for Feb 10th, I got no confirmation email and I received a payment of £90 yesterday which had left my account immediately on the 1st (the price of it). I also received the £90 refund for a completely separate purchase, 10277, also on backorder, for which I had got a confirmation email on ordering.  I have been given no explanation why, so don't know what to do now.  The customer service takes 7 days to reply at the moment too.  Any thoughts on what I should do?

Talk to customer service on the phone, though you might have to wait for half an hour or something.

I got an email later in the day saying these two sets were out of stock but they have my order and as soon as they can, will get them to me.  I figure March might be about right, not sure what is going on with Lego but their supply chain is not working well.  I get the virus and all but to be this out of service seems odd when I can pretty much get anything else out there but these products.  Oh well, if they don't ship soon that is ok, I hope to have my tax return by then which will make the purchase hurt a lot less on my wallet.  

Building the Spring Festival, got to Bags 5 & I thought I was losing my mind. Came to the three white 1x3 plates, but I only had two. Grabbed one from another set & kept building. I come to end and I’m left with a random trans clear mailbox door instead of my third plate. 

11 hours ago, Rotbart said:

Talk to customer service on the phone, though you might have to wait for half an hour or something.

Thanks!  Will do.

This release is upsetting. They said it would be released on the 10th, instead it gets to the shop on the first and sells out in no time. Got the story of Nian but also need the spring lantern festival to keep the whole series complete. I really hope it will be back in the store one of these days.

It seems some people saw it today in the store ? I signed up to get an e-mail notification if it was back in store but did not get any. Which country did have it back in store ?

4 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

this is going to be one tough year on waiting for lego fans i wouldnt be surprised if my 3rd january order arrives in february

help us all when it comes to the march releases

I guess I will hold off getting the Police Station set and the two botanicals as I believe you are correct.  The main problem is they allow you to buy then tell you these two sets are out of stock?  Did they only make 1000 sets to rollout?  Just crazy.  Someone in supply chain needs to be replaced.

Both Story of Nian and Spring Lantern Festival are currently listed as "Temporarily out of stock" on the US and Canadian Lego sites. Maybe Lego needs to just make fewer different sets. If they just did one Chinese New Year set they might actually been able to make enough copies for people to buy it.

Grabbed the last Spring Lantern Festival at my store in Los Angeles about an hour ago. Story of Nian was still fully in stock.

23 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

Both Story of Nian and Spring Lantern Festival are currently listed as "Temporarily out of stock" on the US and Canadian Lego sites. Maybe Lego needs to just make fewer different sets. If they just did one Chinese New Year set they might actually been able to make enough copies for people to buy it.

It’s really annoying that they can’t still take orders for it. I don’t know what the difference is between “backordered” (can still order) and “temporarily out of stock” (can’t order). Dumb.

Ordered Spring Lantern on Jan 1st but have had 2 emails since (yesterday the latest) advising of further shipment delays :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex

The set is still marked out of stock. What is the experience with such a mark up ? Should I start to look at the secondary market or wait for Lego to restock them ?

On 1/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, Langxia said:

The set is still marked out of stock. What is the experience with such a mark up ? Should I start to look at the secondary market or wait for Lego to restock them ?

Same thing happened to last year's sets.  They will be back in stock.  I would expect these to be made and sold by LEGO throughout this calendar year.  

On 1/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, Lucarex said:

Ordered Spring Lantern on Jan 1st but have had 2 emails since (yesterday the latest) advising of further shipment delays :hmpf_bad:

Forgot to update but mine eventually arrived last Tuesday 19th. 

Box itself wasn’t in great condition, couple of creased dents and an actual tiny hole, despite the outer brown shipping box being perfect. TLG warehouse QC clearly isn’t up to scratch these days.