Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

On 1/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Langxia said:

The set is still marked out of stock. What is the experience with such a mark up ? Should I start to look at the secondary market or wait for Lego to restock them ?

Just keep an eye on it. I’ve been watching Monkie King Warrior Mech since early November...and it finally came back in stock this morning. 

On 1/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, Langxia said:

The set is still marked out of stock. What is the experience with such a mark up ? Should I start to look at the secondary market or wait for Lego to restock them ?

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Just keep an eye on it. I’ve been watching Monkie King Warrior Mech since early November...and it finally came back in stock this morning. 

Using the Brickhound service is a great way to be notified. I've found that the LEGO website notifications are poor, but Brickhound is very reliable. https://brickhound.com/

It's only in the US though, so depends where you are.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Using the Brickhound service is a great way to be notified. I've found that the LEGO website notifications are poor, but Brickhound is very reliable. https://brickhound.com/

It's only in the US though, so depends where you are.

I realized that this morning. :laugh: I asked someone on Instagram that I know works at a LEGO store to see if I could have them buy the set for me if the had any. They didn’t...but informed me it was available online. Happy accident, as I was intending to ask for about a week, but would forget to do so. 

I just received mine yesterday after ordering day 1 and being told they were out of stock.  I would say just be patient, they are making more, just not very quickly.

Well my copy of 80107 finally arrived today.  Looking forward to building it later today....

I have to admit there's something satisfying about seeing sets which say 'temporarily out of stock' on S@H and knowing that you don't need to worry about this.....

Just build my Spring Lantern Festival (80107).  It's lovely!

But is anyone else disturbed by the fact that you need to push the bull's sphincter to make it light up? :laugh:

On a more serious note.  I love the 2021 shirts that two of the minifigures have.  I checked, and it doesn't seem the previous year's sets had dated shirts.  I hope sets in the future include them.  I thought it was a nice touch.

Well I just finished my copy of 80107 and gotta say that I’m even more impressed than before.  The parts usage is incredible, and the PPP as well.  Hoping we’ll get a similar one for next year, when it’s the tiger....

Edited by Vilhelm22

Spring Lantern Festival 80107, was buyable for a few hours in Sweden today. But now it says "Temporarily out of stock", again.

Edited by Shiva

Hi all, 

I was able to finally get all the 2021 lunar new year GWPs and did a quick speed build (with morphing effect) review video.

The video includes:

- GWP for China: 6351965 Rickshaw and Paifang Gateway

- GWP for Singapore/Malaysia: Chinese New Year Minifigure

- Prosperity Bag with Red Envelops

My speed build review of the global GWP 40417 - Year of the Ox can be found here:

I hope you like it :D

Does anyone know if the Spring Lantern Festival will ever be restocked? I've been looking at the "Temporarily out of stock" page for months.

Did you try the option to "Notify when in stock" ? Here in Sweden it is now buyable again, right now. I managed to get it a few months ago, by the "Notify" option, before it went out of stock again.

For your question? Yes, I think.

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Did you try the option to "Notify when in stock" ? Here in Sweden it is now buyable again, right now. I managed to get it a few months ago, by the "Notify" option, before it went out of stock again.

For your question? Yes, I think.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never had this much problem finding a set before, so I didn't even know that button was there!

Even then, it can be hard to get it. I had my mail come around midnight that it was in stock.

Hopefully the stocks improve there.

Does anyone have a stud.io file of the Spring Lantern Festival? Don't want to have to recreate it if someone's already done it.

20 hours ago, Modal said:

Does anyone have a stud.io file of the Spring Lantern Festival? Don't want to have to recreate it if someone's already done it.

Here you are, friend.  I have both sections in separate files:

1 hour ago, thenightman89 said:

Here you are, friend.  I have both sections in separate files:

You are seriously amazing. Thank you so much!

Year of the Ox promotion GWP is back on LEGO.com (Europe) until the 16th, both Nian and Spring Lantern in Stock.

Edited by TeriXeri

Spring Lantern Festival is back in stock in Canada too, though no GWP. Bummed that I had to wait four and a half months to order this and didn't get anything free with it. : (

Edited by tomorrowboy

I just finished my copy of the Spring Lantern Festival (it finally arrived Friday after I had ordered it on backorder several months ago). A really lovely set.

For anyone who plans to display it over a long period of time, is anyone planning to try and customize the large ox/bull lantern to represent other zodiac animals from year to year? Could be a challenge, but maybe an interesting one.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

For anyone who plans to display it over a long period of time, is anyone planning to try and customize the large ox/bull lantern to represent other zodiac animals from year to year? Could be a challenge, but maybe an interesting one.

I've seen quite a few people put the bonsai tree in place of the ox and it works really nicely - either leaf or floral.

I am not sure if it’s ok to pos tmt pure speculation/wishlist here... If it’s not ok, then I apologize. I will gladly remove this comment, just let me know!

ok - Since we don’t have any mold for panda bears yet, I think Lego may give us a panda bear figure in one of these Chinese New Year.  I could imagine that it could have both sitting and standing molds. I mean, Chinatowns are everywhere, and so are Chinese New Year sets, it seems they are sold very well. With that budget, I hope Lego could make panda figure (adult or cub). 

Of course, I’m not trying to get your hope up! And I am trying to not get mine up too. 

Recently finished both 2021 sets, and building and seeing them in person just adds much more value instead of just pictures or review videos.

Beside the very bright hidden colors like Coral and purple inside the build, it surprised me how most angled plates and angled bricks come in pairs of 2 or more.

Like some angled plates and wedge bricks come in a left and right version, so it's nice to have both in a set, and in this case for Nian and Spring Lantern sets it was noticeable.

Edited by TeriXeri