Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

After reading the reviews for both sets, it's fair to say I'm even more impressed now. However, I'm likely to get 80107 first...

Thanks to brickset, we've got photos of the new Chinese Garden set with modular buildings!

56954_P1051207.jpg56954_P1051204.jpg

It looks so nice!

I saw someone on Reddit had put the temple fair on a base plate too. Would look really good with the spring lantern festival.

13 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Thanks to brickset, we've got photos of the new Chinese Garden set with modular buildings!

56954_P1051207.jpg56954_P1051204.jpg

They look good together. The only think I don’t like, is the sidewalk of the lantern set. It’s smaller then the one on the modular buildings. It looks kind of odd.

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It looks so nice!

I saw someone on Reddit had put the temple fair on a base plate too. Would look really good with the spring lantern festival.

Damn, it certainly does! I was ready to pass up on it because its too loose, but that tidies it up a lot more! No idea why I didn't even consider that an option... Sometimes I think too linear :( 

Now I'll have to seriously consider getting it! 

How is it the Chinese garden set looks different in each of those pics? 

It also kind of highlights how the police building doesn't look too great with that very slim green building adjoined on it without another building next to it. 

12 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

How is it the Chinese garden set looks different in each of those pics? 

The set is modular, with a 16x32 section that can be attached to either of two sides of the 32x32 section.

The two pics show the two different layout options.

It is indeed Modular-compatible, but the red and blue structure looks odd when it's so close to another building and a corner building.   Someone mentioned that it looks best next to 10243 because of the walkway on the right side of that building, and this seems like it may be true.

Edited by CopperTablet

14 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

The set is modular, with a 16x32 section that can be attached to either of two sides of the 32x32 section.

The two pics show the two different layout options.

Appreciated 

17 hours ago, CopperTablet said:

It is indeed Modular-compatible, but the red and blue structure looks odd when it's so close to another building and a corner building.   Someone mentioned that it looks best next to 10243 because of the walkway on the right side of that building, and this seems like it may be true.

I think it would be best between PR and DD due to their openness on the right/left.

Not really feeling the connected modular thing with Spring Lantern Garden. This would work with a open space/playground sort of build, but to me, this set would fit better placed directly to the rear of a building, quietly out the back as in the real life setting of these types of hidden away gardens. 

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I think it would be best between PR and DD due to their openness on the right/left.

Good point, but I feel like the color scheme of the garden isn't really compatible with DD...

I believe it might go well with Ninjago City though...

Edited by JintaiZ

15 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Good point, but I feel like the color scheme of the garden isn't really compatible with DD...

Fair point.  Oriental traditional and 50s US don't really fit together...

16 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I believe it might go well with Ninjago City though...

On the docks doesn't it open out at one end?  That would make the most sense.

Another GWP was leaked. It looks decent, but nothing too special...

So, I thought these were released in Europe on Jan 10? Yet appears Nian available to order immediately whilst Spring Lantern is on 60-day back order :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex

So the end of this video indicates free Pagoda and Lantern GWP if you buy both Story of Nian (80106) and Spring Lantern Festival (80107).  Is this region specific?

1 hour ago, kasmca said:

So the end of this video indicates free Pagoda and Lantern GWP if you buy both Story of Nian (80106) and Spring Lantern Festival (80107).  Is this region specific?

I think so because I didn't get any of those when I bought them from Lego Store today.

7 hours ago, Lucarex said:

So, I thought these were released in Europe on Jan 10? Yet appears Nian available to order immediately whilst Spring Lantern is on 60-day back order :hmpf_bad:

So, it seems that in all European stores it says the same “back order ships in 60 days”.

In the US store, it correctly (as per the press release) says “coming soon, available Jan 10””

Likewise as expected, it’s already available in Asia-Pac stores (I checked NZ).

So what’s the deal with Europe? Is it a glitch? If so, why is Nian is available now to buy?

18 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

So, it seems that in all European stores it says the same “back order ships in 60 days”.

In the US store, it correctly (as per the press release) says “coming soon, available Jan 10””

Likewise as expected, it’s already available in Asia-Pac stores (I checked NZ).

So what’s the deal with Europe? Is it a glitch? If so, why is Nian is available now to buy?

I ordered it at midnight last night from the UK lego.com. It says on my order that it is in warehouse. Looks like they had very limited stocks.

1 hour ago, mattmarsden said:

I ordered it at midnight last night from the UK lego.com. It says on my order that it is in warehouse. Looks like they had very limited stocks.

My issue isn’t limited stocks, it’s officially confirming a general release date, then quietly letting a few orders through a few 10 days early before slapping a 60 day back order on the set. 

41 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

My issue isn’t limited stocks, it’s officially confirming a general release date, then quietly letting a few orders through a few 10 days early before slapping a 60 day back order on the set. 

Yes its not good, I was just lucky that I was ordering the Police Station and happened to notice I could order it.