Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

All the torsos seem to be new prints, right?

The only torso I can see that was re-used looks to be the unicorn girl from 40373: Fairground Accessory Set

6302015.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also that rocking horse element...  is it new? Does it work for minifigures?

This rocking horse mold came out this year. It currently only comes in two sets, both in white, but with different prints. It looks like only Duplo figs will work with it.

Wow... the garden is simply amazing! :wub: $119 doesn't seem like a bad price either.

These are beautiful! Between the two, I actually probably like the snowy Story of Nian better, since I like the stone wall and gate design, as well as the fireworks. and the wonderful build of Nian. The snow effects are great as well. The garden is fantastic too, especially all those new prints! I' m strangely excited for the new orange phone print you can see, with the texting interface, and the koi fish is an amazing detail. The compatibility with the modular buildings is also such a clever touch, because I think having a small grade blink this could break up all of the large buildings in a row.

30 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Wow... the garden is simply amazing! :wub: $119 doesn't seem like a bad price either.

Under 3 figures would have been much better, like last year if I’m not mistaken. Think the Lion Dance was 85? It’s not too painful a hike but still, the upwards pricing trend isn’t going to reverse anytime soon.

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

If anyone’s wondering, as far as I can tell, the Nian set has a footprint of about 42x22 studs. That’s gonna be tricky to fit into my layout. 

The Spring Lantern Festival (80107) is definitely 32 x 48 studs.

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Under 3 figures would have been much better, like last year if I’m not mistaken. Think the Lion Dance was 85? It’s not too painful a hike but still, the upwards pricing trend isn’t going to reverse anytime soon.

Lion dance was $80, but there's another one for $80 this year.

Edited by JintaiZ

The garden left me speechless! Definitley, i will grab that garden set. It’s just beautiful. And The Story of Nina set is very intersting. Ox Guy is really cool! 

I’m so gald that TLG doesn’t forget a younger audience, they included DUPLO set! 

Two stunning sets! The garden will likely be a must by, depending on the local price, the koi tiles are amazing. I love Nian as well, a stunning build and teal bananas!

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Months & months ago I saw the prices on the legoleaks hashtag & they had the same prices as last year, $79.99 & $119.99.

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

Two stunning sets! The garden will likely be a must by, depending on the local price, the koi tiles are amazing. I love Nian as well, a stunning build and teal bananas!

Yes! I love the build of the Nian too. I feel like that could be a good base for a Zouwu build. Dark blue bananas in the garden set too. 

Edited by Vindicare

Wow. I have been waiting for these since last year’s ones were released. I am in love with the garden one (will get a few of these) but sadly I am very disappointed with the nian one. I mean the dragon is great, entrance is great snow detail and fireworks is very interesting but that gray wall.  Looks like a prison. 

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

This rocking horse mold came out this year. It currently only comes in two sets, both in white, but with different prints. It looks like only Duplo figs will work with it.

Thanks

I do wonder if minifigures with short legs fit in that mold. Not sure but looks like they do. 

I'm not don't know anyone who buys/reviews DUPLO sets :/

The two new colors for banana's are very welcome.  I like the printed ox on the minifig heads.  The mop heads in a different color and turned upside down as a plant is a nice detail.  The koi tiles are going to be very useful.  The red and white bunny is interesting.  Just a great selection of parts in both sets.  

I really like the Spring Lantern Festival! Probably can't afford to get both that and next year's modular, but it'll be at the top of my list if the modular doesn't strike my fancy. I think it's also interesting that this line has become a reliable supplier of banana recolors - I always love seeing parts once considered "single purpose" reused as decorative and shaping elements.

Thanks for the news! :classic:

For sure the residence in 80106 is built nicely. But with the mainly grey colors  and all that snow I've got the impression that it somehow doesn't go well with the other  Chinese New Year sets. Plus for my taste Nian is much too big. I would have prefered no snow and Nian to be more in the scale of the lions in 80105 and therefore getting an interior for the residence (which is like the temple in 80105 regrettably again only a facade). :sceptic:

But 80107 is completely stunning! There are so many great new building technics like the big plants and the bridge and many awesome and realistic details such as the printed tiles with fish and the printed lanterns. For sure this will go very well with the other sets and for sure this will make it into my collection, too! :wub:

Plus I must admit that the new minifigure torso prints in both sets are again awesome! :wub:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

22 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

For sure the residence in 80106 is built nicely. But with the mainly grey colors  and all that snow I've got the impression that it somehow doesn't go well with the other  Chinese New Year sets. Plus for my taste Nian is much too big. I would have prefered no snow and Nian to be more in the scale of the lions in 80105 and therefore getting an interior for the residence (which is like the temple in 80105 regrettably again only a facade). :sceptic:

But 80107 is completely stunning! There are so many great new building technics like the big plants and the bridge and many awesome and realistic details such as the printed tiles with fish and the printed lanterns. For sure this will go very well with the other sets and for sure this will make it into my collection, too! :wub:

Plus I must admit that the new minifigure torso prints in both sets are again awesome! :wub:

I agree with you on temple’s facade! I think Lego should ditch fair vendors and focus on temple’s full building.  Oh well. But I got both Templre Fair and Lion Dance. I think it’s perfect dominator. 

I’m sooooooo excited about Spring Lantern Festival set.  The garden, pond, bridge, lanterns. It is absolutely vibrant and beautiful! I may get Story of Ian because of Ox guy. I have Pig and Rat guys so far.  I think it’s best to get a female Tiger mascot in 2022 (I am not asking about Tiger Woman from CMF S14). :) 

On 11/10/2020 at 6:06 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

The difference is the lions are real people, while the Nian is a mythical dragon. It makes sense that it’s bigger. I wasn’t familiar with the story, but after reading about it my excitement for this set grew. 

I am loving all the prints & minifigs. The sweater on the man in the garden set and the face on the boy with the snowball in the Nian set are probably my favorites. 

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with you on temple’s facade! I think Lego should ditch fair vendors and focus on temple’s full building.  Oh well. But I got both Templre Fair and Lion Dance. I think it’s perfect dominator. 

I’m sooooooo excited about Spring Lantern Festival set.  The garden, pond, bridge, lanterns. It is absolutely vibrant and beautiful! I may get Story of Ian because of Ox guy. I have Pig and Rat guys so far.  I think it’s best to get a female Tiger mascot in 2022 (I am not asking about Tiger Woman from CMF S14). :) 

But if they got rid of the fair vendors it wouldn’t be a Temple Fair anymore... 

The piece count has been confirmed:

80106 Story of Nian-1067 pieces

80107 Spring Lantern Festival-1793 pieces

Seems like good deals to me.

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The piece count has been confirmed:

80106 Story of Nian-1067 pieces

80107 Spring Lantern Festival-1793 pieces

Seems like good deals to me.

Wow, that is a good deal for sure. 

Hadn't really commented much on these because my attention was monopolized by the new Monkie Kid set, but these are also lovely. Looking forward to getting them.

I found translations of all the printed tiles on New Elementary, but does anyone know what the textile banners along the front wall of 80107 say?

TLG just revealed the new panda BrickHeadz. Looks excellent, but just a bit blocky...

I’m excited for the Nian set, but SUPER excited for the Lantern Festival! I’m surprised there isn’t more talk about these sets. They have been the most consistently beautiful the last few years. I’ve been looking forward to these each year more that Modulars even!!