Kai NRG

Autumn Ambush

Somewhere in a forest in Historica, the feud of two knights comes to a head.

50551295326_9a53c0def1.jpg

Just got back with my bricks and feels good to start building again.  C&C welcome!

Great job!  I love the colors against one another and the nougat floor.  The feathers stuck under the foliage are a nice touch.  The photo is a little dark to see everything that's going on when the picture is small, but when you click on the link you can see the detail much better.  The wooden path I think looks better small, but is still good.  I really like the implied action in the scene and the overall color palette.  Great to see some builds starting to show up here again!

Very nice - it is a great addition to that series.  I've enjoyed seeing your group members' take on autumn.  I personally love all the colors this time of the year.

I like the technique you used for the path.  The amount of tension depicted overflows the size of the MOC (that is a good thing, but I'd love to see the surrounding wood built up and shown too - I'm certainly imagining it from what you've given).

On 11/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, JintaiZ said:

Nice!

Thank you!

On 11/3/2020 at 4:00 AM, socalbricks said:

Lovely build! I especially like the birch trees and the "mini ballista".

Thanks!  I borrowed the ballista idea from Pinterest. :tongue:

On 11/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, Grover said:

Great job!  I love the colors against one another and the nougat floor.  The feathers stuck under the foliage are a nice touch.  The photo is a little dark to see everything that's going on when the picture is small, but when you click on the link you can see the detail much better.  The wooden path I think looks better small, but is still good.  I really like the implied action in the scene and the overall color palette.  Great to see some builds starting to show up here again!

Thanks Grover!  I considered doing a railing for the path... as a path, I think it would have looked better, but I though it would make it too hard to get a good angle on the whole build, since the trees are better higher up.

On 11/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, jtooker said:

Very nice - it is a great addition to that series.  I've enjoyed seeing your group members' take on autumn.  I personally love all the colors this time of the year.

I like the technique you used for the path.  The amount of tension depicted overflows the size of the MOC (that is a good thing, but I'd love to see the surrounding wood built up and shown too - I'm certainly imagining it from what you've given).

Thanks jtooker!  This is the first time I've used my yellow leaves, they're really cool so I can't wait to use 'em again!

Interesting that you mention that about it overflowing.  I visualized it as a scene first (although I didn't quite have the poses figured out) and then cut the vignette out of the forest. :grin: