Sign in to follow this  
mrfang2

Lego CLASH set 001- blast-cab vs ultracycle

I’m not sure the rules about linking worldbuilder projects here but I’ll just say this is connected to mine, under the name “lego clash!” On there, and if you check that out there will be a lot more context to what this is. 

the blast cab, main vehicle of the villain “wrecker”, is a classic tow truck converted into a mobile weapons platform. With an armored front to ram opponents, rebar blasters on the sides of the cabin, and a dock at the back to equip wreckers newest giant weaponry packs, the blast cab is a powerful weapon in the hands of its creator. 

to combat him, the hero “lightfoot” creates a motorcycle that can interface with his power, turning into a bolt of energy to avoid attacks and using its own weapon to plant trackers and mini-bombs on the larger truck. 

so far I’ve only got a prototype done for the blast cab itself, but that should be refined within a few days and the ultracycle should be done shortly after as that one isn’t going to be a large build. Posting the wip here to give myself a bit of pressure to actually finish it. 

Blast cab protoBlast cab proto frontBlast cab proto side

Some sketching while I designed this version of the truck. A sketch of a previous design can be seen on the worldbuilder page but isn’t included here since it has little resemblance to the model now.

Blast cab rough design rev

19 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

It looks nice. Any additional photos?

Just these 3 for now, tonight I plan on getting a better balance on the color scheme and getting a few more pictures with better lighting. 

Blast cab v2Blast cab v2 backBlast cab v2 front

version 2 of the blast cab, closer to my original vision of it being a blue truck reinforced with green armor, I feel it’s a lot more cohesive in this version. I refined the shape slightly, moved from bolt shooters to stud shooters with built up ammo, covered up the back, and slightly reinforced the front end to be more solid. Now it’s solid enough to stand up to play like any real set would need to. All that’s left is the roof and the back mounted canon, plus the bike and small environment builds for the “set” to be completed.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:40 PM, mrfang2 said:

I’m not sure the rules about linking worldbuilder projects here but I’ll just say this is connected to mine, under the name “lego clash!” On there, and if you check that out there will be a lot more context to what this is.

I am confused, why would that not be allowed? I want to do the same thing, sometime in the future (still in the process of re-acquiring parts right now haha).

Awesome build by the way.

1 hour ago, TwiceDeadTB said:

I am confused, why would that not be allowed? I want to do the same thing, sometime in the future (still in the process of re-acquiring parts right now haha).

Awesome build by the way.

Thanks! And idk, there are rules against promoting ideas projects last I checked so was worried a similar thing would be implemented for worldbuilder