Karalora

Seasonal Parts and Minifigs We Need!

38 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Maybe Cupid is too similar to a conventional angel? That's the only reason I can think of for why we don't have him yet; he's a very recognizable figure.

Probably but Cupid was found in Ancient Roman mythology and his Greek equivalent is Eros. Let’s say - he may be more like god of love. He is still a popular figure throughout eras since it was found in ancient history.  Sure he is treated as an angel but I don’t see an issue with LEGO Cupid. 

I know where Cupid comes from, and that he's not an angel. But he sure looks like one to the untutored eye, and we all know how cagey TLG can be when it comes to religious imagery.

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Doctor Who

Before I could delete the post, I realized that is Weeping Angel, haha. Anyways, there is Flying Warrior in CMF Series and he’s automatically viewed as an angel or, at least, angel warrior. 

I think the Weeping Angel made it through because it reads as a statue rather than a literal angel. The Flying Warrior is also a very non-standard look for an angel. The pop-culture image of Cupid, on the other hand, comes directly from the putti of Renaissance art, which are often equated with actual angels (cherubs).

This is not to say that TLG is right to draw these arbitrary lines. I'm just speculating as to why some quasi-angel minifigs get made and others don't. Personally? I think even the "standard" angel--an attractive glowing person with a robe and big feathery wings--has evolved to be more of a pop-mythology archetype than a religious character.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I think the Weeping Angel made it through because it reads as a statue rather than a literal angel. The Flying Warrior is also a very non-standard look for an angel. The pop-culture image of Cupid, on the other hand, comes directly from the putti of Renaissance art, which are often equated with actual angels (cherubs).

This is not to say that TLG is right to draw these arbitrary lines. I'm just speculating as to why some quasi-angel minifigs get made and others don't. Personally? I think even the "standard" angel--an attractive glowing person with a robe and big feathery wings--has evolved to be more of a pop-mythology archetype than a religious character.

Yup, you have good point there. 

I would love to see some Cupid coming into lego world and fly above the adorable couples at a park!

Anyways, we have seen CHinese New Year’s Eve Dinner set. So I think it would be cool to have New Year’s Eve Party that include glittery gold/silver hats, champ bottles, TV (displaying countdown ball), calendar that says “Dec 31”, some delicious food (I don’t know waht kind of food people tend to eat on New Year’s Eve tho), table, couches/chairs. I actually think New Year Baby and FatherTime/Old Year figures would be neat!

Eating beans or lentils for New Year's is traditional in some places. It's supposed to bring good luck for the year ahead.

As summer is getting closer, I have a few ideas!

I would love to see a minifigure with sunburn. It could be numerous to see a minfigure removing sunglasses, leaving some marks around the eyes that separate sunburn from un-sunburn. I may not good at describing...

Do we have a beach ball before? If not, we should have a colorful beach ball, please!

New beach umbrella.

A beach towel along with picnic box / cooler.

I think there was a sand castle in People Pack (2017)? If so, I would love to see it making a comeback. 

A minifigure with sunscreen on their face.

A minifigure with an ice cream stain on their torso.

there, that’s summer. TIS’ SEA-SUN! :) 

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I would love to see a minifigure with sunburn.

That's reminded me of a brickfilm I saw years and years ago, some Star Wars thing where for some reason Darth Sidious had teamed up with a bunch of surfers, and some battle droid chilling with the surfers by the pool got all sunburnt. IIRC it took advantage of the Geonosis droids being a slightly different colour.

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

A minifigure with an ice cream stain on their torso.

Maybe I have a dirty mind, but depending on the specific print I can see this being used for more... adult... builds. Lego might avoid it just to steer clear of that.

Just now, Alexandrina said:

That's reminded me of a brickfilm I saw years and years ago, some Star Wars thing where for some reason Darth Sidious had teamed up with a bunch of surfers, and some battle droid chilling with the surfers by the pool got all sunburnt. IIRC it took advantage of the Geonosis droids being a slightly different colour.

Maybe I have a dirty mind, but depending on the specific print I can see this being used for more... adult... builds. Lego might avoid it just to steer clear of that.

Oh behaaaaaave

Oh wow, I skipped right over the springtime holidays and now we're looking up the barrel of summer.

I'd like to see more swimwear. We have a fair amount already, but it's only fair--hard to do a believable crowded beach scene when there are only two colors of women's one-piece, two varieties of men's trunks, and one bikini top.

I also want more colors of mermaid tails--pink, purple, and turquoise seem to comprise the hip mer-palette these days.

A conch shell.

More colors of pails and a little sand shovel for kids playing in the sand.

How about summer food? PEACHES!

2 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Oh wow, I skipped right over the springtime holidays and now we're looking up the barrel of summer.

I'd like to see more swimwear. We have a fair amount already, but it's only fair--hard to do a believable crowded beach scene when there are only two colors of women's one-piece, two varieties of men's trunks, and one bikini top.

I also want more colors of mermaid tails--pink, purple, and turquoise seem to comprise the hip mer-palette these days.

A conch shell.

Yes to this. I also want to see some fleshy torsos showing flesh, especially darker toned ones.

1 minute ago, Karalora said:

No, please no peaches. If Lego release peaches, I will have no excuse left not to make it a personal mission to recreate all of ASOIAF in Lego form, and I don't have that kind of time!

2 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I'd like to see more swimwear.

Definitely not enough variety there! The red halter from the old Paradisa tops is a brilliant piece, but it's nearly thirty years old and not technically swimwear - it shouldn't still be one of the best options for female beach attire

Just now, Alexandrina said:

No, please no peaches. If Lego release peaches, I will have no excuse left not to make it a personal mission to recreate all of ASOIAF in Lego form, and I don't have that kind of time!

Definitely not enough variety there! The red halter from the old Paradisa tops is a brilliant piece, but it's nearly thirty years old and not technically swimwear - it shouldn't still be one of the best options for female beach attire

You know there’s a printed peach part in the Monkie Kid line?

1 minute ago, williejm said:

You know there’s a printed peach part in the Monkie Kid line?

It has to be a real peach. Them's the rules, sorry. Can't have my boy Renly eating a printed tile!

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It has to be a real peach. Them's the rules, sorry. Can't have my boy Renly eating a printed tile!

Poor poor Renly. 😿

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Oh behaaaaaave

Alexandria, say, I have to agree with Williejmjm! :)

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Say, I agree. I haven’t seen so many minfigures in swimwear. I have MF Summer Celebration and I can see one female minifigure in swimsuit, that’s it. And very very few minfigures in swimsuits from regular CMF series... MORE COLORFUL SWIMWEAR, PLEASE!! Like... turquoise, hot pink, bright yellow with mermaid printed (personally, I have one in real life!), sapphire, and more! I don’t thinkI wil count surfers’ attire as “swimsuit”...

A conch shell.

Heck yes to this!

I really like an idea of including a toy shovel for kids to dig up in sand. And a sand bucket is perfect. I can’t think of something else that kids usually play with other than sand castle...

Do we have boogie board?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

A conch shell.

Hold on. ‘Pail’? Isn’t that a Scottish word? 

14 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hold on. ‘Pail’? Isn’t that a Scottish word? 

I always remember it from the Jack & Jill nursery rhyme. I suppose that could be of Scottish origin...

I can’t remember seeing a buoy in past sets before so I will google it.

I believe we already have a seagull mold but I would love to see a standing seagull mold, rather than a wing-spreading one. 

Bringing this one back now that it's a new year again. It's a bit early for spring, but since I completely missed it last year, I'll just jump right in.

Mardi Gras:

Uh...anything really, since to the best of my knowledge TLG has never acknowledged this holiday. Maybe it's because the iconic imagery is actually specific to just New Orleans? Still, it is delightful imagery that could easily be repurposed in Renaissance-style MOCs.

Minifigs: Our own @Robert8 has, as usual, given us some super designs for a Mardi Gras King and Queen, but I wouldn't say no to some common revelers as well. The purple/gold/green masks and metallic beads are all you really need to indicate that a minifig is celebrating Mardi Gras as opposed to any other raucous festival. The beads would be the most practical as a torso print, but it would also be nice to have a neckwear accessory in a variety of colors.

Animals: Mardi Gras doesn't really have representative animals, unless you count alligators, which are a) emblematic of New Orleans in general and b) plentiful in LEGO already. Crayfish might also count, but the existing lobster is a good stand-in.

Food:  While not as essential as some of the other suggestions in this thread, representations of Cajun cuisine would be nice for embellishing a LEGO kitchen. Maybe a round tile with a jambalaya print, or a cocktail shrimp that minifigs could hold?

St. Patrick's Day:

Imported to the U.S. by Irish immigrants and by all accounts a bigger deal in the U.S. than Ireland these days. It still has a lot of fun imagery though.

Minifigs: We have a Leprechaun, so how about a lady leprechaun to go with him? Not at all accurate to the folklore, but a fun concept. St. Patrick himself is definitely too steeped in religion for TLG, but some of the skirt pieces lend themselves very well to Irish step-dancing performers.

Animals: The most-often mentioned miracle of St. Patrick's is "driving the snakes out of Ireland." This might be an opportunity to update the design of the classic LEGO snake.

Food: Reiterating the call for the potato here.

Other: We've been good; we deserve a shamrock. In both 3-leaved and 4-leaved varieties, for preference.

Easter:

We actually have some content for this one, but a few key things are missing.

Minifigs: With all the bunny-costumed minifigs in existence, there's no actual anthropomorphic Easter Bunny. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

Animals: While Easter is one of the contexts where a white bunny works, we all still want more colors, right? Lambs, ducks, and chicks would also be appropriate.

Food: The palette of colors for the egg piece is strangely limited considering it's been featured in Easter models before. We need pink, yellow, and lime eggs, as well as a variety of patterns. A cooked ham would also be a great addition to the food collection. And might I suggest a chocolate bunny?

Other: Baskets with a big arched handle (and maybe a pinhole for attaching a Friends-style bow). A new flower piece that could be either a daffodil (yellow) or lily (white). A two-part hollow egg big enough to hold, say, a round tile with a candy print.